Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Children's Museum issues apology after backlash over its 'Juneteenth watermelon salad'​

I just saw something on WTHR about Kountry Kitchen (soul food restaurant) breaking ground for a new location and they were promoting their greens, yams, watermelon dishes, etc.. So if they promote the stereotype, it's okay, but if others do it to honor their holiday, it's offensive? Um, okay... :scratch:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I just saw something on WTHR about Kountry Kitchen (soul food restaurant) breaking ground for a new location and they were promoting their greens, yams, watermelon dishes, etc.. So if they promote the stereotype, it's okay, but if others do it to honor their holiday, it's offensive? Um, okay... :scratch:

It's like the "N" word; only certain people can say it.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I keep thinking the world can't possibly get any dumber, but then I am proved wrong again.
    "Reality is the number one cause of insanity among those who are exposed to it."
    Edgar Allan Poe

We face a reality and school of thought based not on logic or outcome,but on control using feelings and propaganda. It looks like insanity,because it is. Yet,we who see it will be the ones called insane.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I keep thinking the world can't possibly get any dumber, but then I am proved wrong again.
    I’ve often said, the right needs the left to keep us progressing as we learn more about the physical world, our nature, and social structures, and the left needs the right to constrain that progression to a practical, sustainable and beneficial direction.

But the fringe left has figured out a way to thwart those constraints and it’s hell bent on full steam forward off a cliff. It’s figured out a pathogen to infect people with nonsense and get bad ideas into the mainstream.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom