The Funny Pic Thread Part 13 - Clowns to the Left of me, jokers to the right, Welcome to DC!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I worked with a guy who did this once but used a fork lift instead of a cherry picker. He was in a wheel chair. The car fell on him and folded him up like a soft taco. Broke his back and paralyzed him. Still gives me a tingle in my taint just thinking about it.
    My old firm had a case years ago where a guy was using the standard jack to change the oil on a Saturn SL. He was under the car and it slipped off the jack and applied pressure to his chest so that he way-too-slowly asphyxiated.

I happen to (still) have a Saturn S series and have been changing the oil on it for nearly 10 years. It has served all 4 of my kids well. Yes- to get to the oil filter, it's best to take the right front wheel off, but a real floor jack and most importantly, a jack stand make this a very safe operation. The only thing I can figure is that the guy was slid underneath it to get the drain plug...but that can be reached without getting as far underneath as he did.

We represented the Estate of the decedent...I never believed in the case, but I was super-far down the totem pole back then.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom