Not open for further replies.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    Heading down to East Tennessee Saturday morning for 8 days....Changing of the colors in the Smokey’s...
    The wife just returned home today from the Smokey's. Her, my daughter and grandkids had been there all week. They actually saw several bears. My youngest grand daughter said she had been to the Mokey mountains.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not a great pic but this is on the 11 day epic journey. And that is actually CKW's Harley.

Dn8enCd.jpg

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    1st thing I looked at.
    What kind of gas block and tube is it? I've seen cheap ones perform badly. Also look at the key on they carrier and look if it is staked properly or loose. Lack of gas is number 1 issue I'd check first.
    Look at the cam pin for signs that its rubbing heavily or not moving.
    What buffer is in it?
    Is it wet with lube?
    When you assemble the BCG and you do the "flick" test does the bolt move back out freely?
    Is the barrel extension properly inserted into the upper receiver and barrel nut tightened properly?
    What sort of charging handle and do you see abnormal wear for a single shot rifle? ;)
    Just a process of elimination on an abomination (side charging AR) :):

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What kind of gas block and tube is it? I've seen cheap ones perform badly. Also look at the key on they carrier and look if it is staked properly or loose. Lack of gas is number 1 issue I'd check first.
    Look at the cam pin for signs that its rubbing heavily or not moving.
    What buffer is in it?
    Is it wet with lube?
    When you assemble the BCG and you do the "flick" test does the bolt move back out freely?
    Is the barrel extension properly inserted into the upper receiver and barrel nut tightened properly?
    What sort of charging handle and do you see abnormal wear for a single shot rifle? ;)
    Just a process of elimination on an abomination (side charging AR) :):

The side charger was not extracting the spent casing from the chamber and stripping the next round in the mag so you know what that looked like. This AR is just a toy I got sucked into by an Ingo member that If I could find the little douche bag I would kick his ass for not being truthful.

The one that has me puzzled has fired exactly 6 rounds. 1 at a time. All the parts are high end as that was all I could find. Last rifle I built.
    I checked everything on your list. Everything seems to be in spec. The BCG is a very nice piece. I went through it and yes it works freely.

Last 2 rounds I held the rifle sideways to observe (fired safely) and the BCG did not cycle half stroke.

It has a Troy Recoil buffer system in it. I have used them on other rifles with success. But I feel this might be the problem.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The side charger was not extracting the spent casing from the chamber and stripping the next round in the mag so you know what that looked like. This AR is just a toy I got sucked into by an Ingo member that If I could find the little douche bag I would kick his ass for not being truthful.

The one that has me puzzled has fired exactly 6 rounds. 1 at a time. All the parts are high end as that was all I could find. Last rifle I built.
    I checked everything on your list. Everything seems to be in spec. The BCG is a very nice piece. I went through it and yes it works freely.

Last 2 rounds I held the rifle sideways to observe (fired safely) and the BCG did not cycle half stroke.

It has a Troy Recoil buffer system in it. I have used them on other rifles with success. But I feel this might be the problem.
    Good Morning CM

Not saying by any stretch of the imagination that this is your issue, but it was fresh in my mind so I thought I'd mention it, perhaps some of the comments in here will give you some ideas on additional things to check. Figured it doesn't hurt to have a look.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lde-16-ss-ar15-wont-cycle-wont-budge.html#top

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good Morning CM

Not saying by any stretch of the imagination that this is your issue, but it was fresh in my mind so I thought I'd mention it, perhaps some of the comments in here will give you some ideas on additional things to check. Figured it doesn't hurt to have a look.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lde-16-ss-ar15-wont-cycle-wont-budge.html#top

I remember that thread.

Yes the tube is clear. I blew through it easily.

Thanks brother. Appreciate all the help.

I am leaning towards the Troy buffer system. I may swap it out with one I know works from another rifle and give it a run.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I remember that thread.

Yes the tube is clear. I blew through it easily.

Thanks brother. Appreciate all the help.

I am leaning towards the Troy buffer system. I may swap it out with one I know works from another rifle and give it a run.
    I wonder if it has a partial restriction still? Maybe the hole at the gas block end is partially covered somehow? It would still allow you to blow through it, but you aren't simulating the same amount of pressure that is needed to cycle that action. Just a thought.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom