THE CZickness XLIX....Tackling 2023 with CZ style...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Morning. I'm still catching up after being off the Internet all day yesterday. I got together with some friends and we played the Car Wars miniature game. Two games, 8 hours. It was fantasic.

The only bad part (tying back into what I just read from yesterday morning) was my sleep the night before all this was lacking.
    Went to bed at 11PM.
    Midnight a text message from Jennifer wanting to buy my house (only if you are doubling the assessed value). I don't know a Jennifer with that number.
    1AM a instant message conversation between two of my guys at work because one forgot to stop monitoring a system while he rebooted it, and the other got the phone call for it being down.
    2AM one of the guys I was gaming with yesterday texted all of us that were meeting at his place in less than 8 hours.
    3AM one of cats wanted pets and cuddles.
    5AM the other one got jealous and wanted pets and cuddles as well.
    7AM alarm.
    Ugh.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I can tell you one thing; if I hadn't already sold it, after your post, I'd be crushing it tomorrow.

View attachment 251436
    Those without all the plastic cladding on the bottom are much better looking. But the weird guy in me wants the ugliest of them. I’ve found one that’s probably worth a look in town, just waiting for Uncle Sam to give me my money back…

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Back to work on the clock. It was a busy week and I couldn’t get it all done M-F. And Surgery Dept. can be difficult to schedule service with. They think their work is sooooo important. They are closed weekends (except emergencies) and I could use the overtime. Gun fund money…

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Evening all

Got bored today, so I decided to make oversized magazine buttons for my Turkey guns. I have the Ed Brown complete versions on my SA and DW 1911's, but I wanted to save some coin and give myself a project at the same time.

An AR-15 grip screw is the same diameter as the Ed Brown button and only slightly taller. Combined with a smaller screw with a 6-32 thread pitch made for a winning combo. Did not come out perfect, but highly functional and it was more entertaining than the puzzle I was starting to work on beforehand.

No pics, but I drilled the center out of the grip screw head and cut the threaded portion off. Filed/sanded the top and bottom smooth along with filing/sanding the top of the factory mag release (removed the checkering). Blued it all and put some blue loctite on the threads for good measure.

20230129_150148.jpg
    20230129_122956.jpg
    20230129_150323.jpg
    20230129_150236.jpg
    20230129_162112.jpg
    20230129_161933.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Our 40 (?) year old Bunn at the ballpark needs a gasket about once a decade or so. Over the years, I think I've replaced every part except the housing. LOL It is very user servicable and parts are readily available.
    The plastic reservoir got brittle and crumbled around the gasket area. It's time to drop the $129 for a new one.

I hate that about plastics. On my BMWs, I replace radiators every 10 years because the upper hose neck gets brittle and can break. I've had that happen twice and now my coffee pot has the same issue.

I sure hope that my plastic pistols don't crumble on me some day

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Evening all

Got bored today, so I decided to make oversized magazine buttons for my Turkey guns. I have the Ed Brown complete versions on my SA and DW 1911's, but I wanted to save some coin and give myself a project at the same time.

An AR-15 grip screw is the same diameter as the Ed Brown button and only slightly taller. Combined with a smaller screw with a 6-32 thread pitch made for a winning combo. Did not come out perfect, but highly functional and it was more entertaining than the puzzle I was starting to work on beforehand.

No pics, but I drilled the center out of the grip screw head and cut the threaded portion off. Filed/sanded the top and bottom smooth along with filing/sanding the top of the factory mag release (removed the checkering). Blued it all and put some blue loctite on the threads for good measure.

View attachment 251515
    View attachment 251516
    View attachment 251517
    View attachment 251518
    View attachment 251519
    View attachment 251520
    Very cool T-D. I spent my day rebuilding the termite chewed mess that was underneath my back family room window. Tomorrow, I tackle the header over the window.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom