Not open for further replies.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Awake.

I'm on a call for work. It looks like AWS (Amazon) :poop: the bed this morning.

This weekend was a busy weekend for work calls, 4 on Saturday, Two Sunday, and now already this morning.

The wife and I have started working on decluttering the house. 20 years of accumulated crap to get rid of all over the house. We decided to start with our bedroom, because we (read that as me) are going to move furniture around in the room. Not sure which room is next on the declutter list.

I've also been working in the garage cleaning it up, adding organizational options.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Anyone coming down my way for the Octoberfest this week/weekend?
    Been years since we did an Octoberfest.

Actually did the Oktoberfest at German Park a couple of weekends ago and had a great time... :cool:

Awake.

This weekend was a busy weekend for work calls, 4 on Saturday, Two Sunday, and now already this morning.

Well, that sucks. Guess I'll find out how many AWS hosted vendors are impacted this morning.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Awake.

The wife and I have started working on decluttering the house. 20 years of accumulated crap to get rid of all over the house. We decided to start with our bedroom, because we (read that as me) are going to move furniture around in the room. Not sure which room is next on the declutter list.

I've also been working in the garage cleaning it up, adding organizational options.
    We went through a major decluttering 3.5 years ago before we moved. I'm a big fan of purging unused items and staying organized.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    We went through a major decluttering 3.5 years ago before we moved. I'm a big fan of purging unused items and staying organized.
    Good thing about this is that we will have a number of things for the community garage sale in the Spring.

We should have done this years ago, but life got in the way.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Morning folks!

AWS issues? But, but, but what about the 11 digits of reliability? What about redundant data centers?

It will be an interesting day at work.
    Redundant data centers are great, if you take advantage of them. IF your applications are not monolithic beasts that don't take advantage of newer technologies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    After seeing the results of not doing this multiple times when clearing out things after a loved one passes or helping a friend in this I am seriously anti-clutter.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    After seeing the results of not doing this multiple times when clearing out things after a loved one passes or helping a friend in this I am seriously anti-clutter.
    Decluttering is like the proverbial onion. You get rid of everything except what you absolutely want to keep. Then, you realize that half of the stuff kept was just more clutter. Declutter again and again you realize that most of the stuff saved was just more clutter

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom