• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Most non-shooters think 500 rounds is a stockpile. That's just a good day at the range.
    I agree. I bought out most of the 2-3/4 and 3" shotgun shells when Meijer decided to go all woke and put ammo on clearance. The girl at the register asked if I was stocking a bunker. :lmfao:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I ordered a couple of bricks of the RWS. With RWS's reputation with .22LR and that price, it's bound to be worth the $.

I would have taken the top off of the bolt catch for a cleaner look.

The Brownells trigger/hammer pin punch is VERY useful. It's end is tapered making installation of the trigger and hammer much easier than trying to hold things in place while you get a pin in. Put the tool in first to line things up and let the actual pin knock the tool out when you push it in. I have also found many other uses for it as well. Pushing out a 1911 mainspring housing pin and realigning it for installation is another application.
    Very tempting at $53 per brick.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I shoot rifles left-handed because my grandpa was a lefty and he taught me how to shoot when I was a wee lad. I've always just adapted to RH rifles but I've always wanted to check out those Stag uppers.
    I don't care about bolt guns so much (my personal hunting rifles are lefty because dangit it's mine) but my Ruger American Rimfire being right handed doesn't matter to me at all since it's so light and I don't do any sort of speed competitions. I don't mind push/pull differences on the break-actions with the tang operators. But I don't like getting gassed with the 5.56 upper - I just shoot it with one eye closed and right handed. If I actually get this thing assembled properly feel free to check it out. The ambi lowers are also nice. I do wish there was some compilation of AR-10 cross-manufacturer cross-compatibility for uppers & lowers or that these people would just settle on a standard and let it work out the way it does for AR-15s.

CZ...CZ...CZ

That is all.
    If I were buying new, I'd go CZ 457 instead of the RAR. Does this count?

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Just for fun, I looked at the shipping on 1 brick. $114.70 for shipping on $53 of ammo. Woah
    I just ordered 700rnds and shipping was $19 and change. Didnt like the "order may be delayed due to Covid" after I ordered it though. It'll get here sometime I guess.

Last edited:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I shoot a rifle left handed because I'm left eye dominate. Mostly right handed with a pistol.
    Same. Adapt and overcome.
    I also choose not to indulge in LH weaponry. I must train to be proficient with what's available when I need it most, not what is made for my comfort.
    Except bows. That's doesn't really work.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! I'm heading down to HHRP in a couple of minutes to run a bit of .308 across a chrono. Anyone want to join me? I should get there about 1pm

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom