Not open for further replies.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    GM all. Good juju for all in need. Oldest 2 off to school in good spirits. Today's overwatch and party leader provided by nature girl extraordinaire. Have a good day and feel mo betta!
    664867f69a6a5b4abb053b5f5956c31d.jpg
    e4afd19b19059dae2e405063bf8de5e5.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    PPQ's are awesome, with some of the best triggers in a striker fired handgun. That is a pretty low price, considering the 5" version I believe sold for a premium. I bought a 4" version before the COVID madness for $450 brand new though, so it might not be too low. I love my PPQ. Very accurate gun with a fantastic trigger.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Thanks for the comments. You also have a P-10, right? How would you rate it vs. the P-10 (which I'm having difficulty locating nearby in the gen 1 version). I got around to shooting my Steyr yesterday when I took the new-to-America guest shooting. Noticeably heavier trigger than my P-09 in SA, but I really need to put time into shooting.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yes, I've had every version of the P10C (1.0, 1.5 and the latest in OR and non-OR versions), as well as the PPQ M1 4", PPQ M2 4" and PPQ M2 5" (as well as the PDP compact). I feel like the trigger is better on the PPQ, the grip is better on the P10 and the mag release is better on the PPQ M1 (love the paddle mag release). Both guns are very accurate, with the edge going to the PPQ. I feel like the PDP is a fantastic option, as it has a similar trigger to the PPQ, with a button mag release like the PPQ M2 and a better grip than either the PPQ or P10, plus of course it has the optics ready feature.

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I'm particularly interested in ambi designs (I've been holding out on a P-01 until I can find an Omega, it would've been sweet if CZ kept/improved that ambi mag release), but haven't owned a paddle release yet. I'd be a little more curious about the PDP if it had the paddle release.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    PPQ's are awesome, with some of the best triggers in a striker fired handgun. That is a pretty low price, considering the 5" version I believe sold for a premium. I bought a 4" version before the COVID madness for $450 brand new though, so it might not be too low. I love my PPQ. Very accurate gun with a fantastic trigger.
    Correct if I'm wrong but I thought you couldn't get the M1 version with a 5' barrel.

rkwhyte2

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I only know this because I was looking at the Walther site after seeing that listing: https://waltherarms.com/ppq-m1-2/
    Looks like the M1 with a 5" barrel isn't produced by Walther. Check out the link below.

rkwhyte2

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I lusted after the 5" barreled PPQ but really wanted the paddle mag release. I had a PPS with the paddle release and sometimes regret giving to my son.

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Looks like the M1 with a 5" barrel isn't produced by Walther. Check out the link below.

I don't follow exactly. The original post is about how the poster learned that there was a then-new M1 model with the (paddle release) in 5". The gunbuyer exclusive I think was a special run to be sold directly through them only via an exclusive distribution deal? The Walther link I posted earlier says Gunbuyer.com only.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom