• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newdumdum9825

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Seymour, IN
    Some of you may know that I work at the Franklin Wal-Mart, and if you are ever open carrying in my store or if you are wearing some INGO gear I always will go out of my way to thank you for OCing in my store and chat about INGO.

But I've made it a habit to hang around the firearms counter and help customers off the clock with questions since I kinda know a bit more than the associates that work sporting goods, and to see what ammo has come in.

Well anyway one day as I was waiting for some ammo mystery boxes to be opened, a customer decided to challenge our 3 boxes per person rule. He made a big deal about how its not a law, about how you can buy as much as you want at other stores, and about how you can 3 boxes of each.

I mean this guy was starting to become a royal pain in the rear so much to the point we had to have a manager come over just to ok his sale to get the amount he wanted. But that's not all. He started to argue that you can fire 5.56 through something chambered in .223 because its the EXACT same round. :ugh: Me and a few others tried to tell him its the other way around but he insisted he was right.
    At this point I was like ok man if you wanna damage your gun go right ahead cause you cant fix stupid.

So next comes in his friend, like actually his friend no joke.

This guy goes up and asks to see the bolt guns we have, Specifically .30-06 or .308, FOR DEER HUNTING!!! This guy was just as hard headed as his friend and started to become hateful because he's right and we're wrong. Well after 10 mins of trying to tell him that no you cannot use what we have on the shelf for deer and to do some research before he buys, me and the kid behind the counter gave up.

I mean was I wrong for trying to keep the guys gun from being damaged, or from trying to prevent the other from breaking the law?

Sometimes it helps to be a lil courteous to the stockers and associates in retail, even if its at crummy Wal-Mart, sometimes we know what we are talkin about. just sayin.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I mean was I wrong for trying to keep the guys gun from being damaged, or from trying to prevent the other from breaking the law?

Your points weren't wrong, but you were wasting your time. You said it yourself: "you can't fix stupid."

But you're dead on about being polite to retail workers. I've seen enough other customers abuse those guys to last lifetime.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    People are dumb - if you point them in the right direction and they ignore you - save your breath on further attempts.

You tried, they failed.

newdumdum9825

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Seymour, IN
    But you're dead on about being polite to retail workers. I've seen enough other customers abuse those guys to last lifetime.

I see it everyday along with ther things that me cringe. There's a scene from a movie that sums up my frustrations. Clerks - Stupid Questions - YouTube. The milk maids part is dead on since im frozen/dairy. Watching people trying to find a gallon that last a bit longer on the shelf when the entire rack has the same date kill me. Plus if you are a crappy customer to us we remember you the next time you come in.

We had a customer once come in and order some picture prints and was ticked because they weren't printed in time cause she needed them that day for her mothers funeral. Now keep in mind she placed the order on the day of the funeral

People are dumb - if you point them in the right direction and they ignore you - save your breath on further attempts.

You tried, they failed.

at least my experience wasn't as bad as this https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ssion/312275-scary-customer-encounter-gm.html. damaging your firearm vs possibly loosing your life

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Also, under certain conditions, you can even legally use a .308 and/or .30-06 on deer IN Indiana.

Don't be so sure of your "absolutes" until you know the totality of the situation.

Unless, of course, the gentleman was speaking of using them during regular hunting season - you'd be correct.

But what if he didn't mention to you that he wanted one for depredation permit hunting? PERFECTLY LEGAL. (with appropriate permit, obviously)

-J-

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    All you can do is try to explain. There are those who will always know more than you do (just ask them :)) and will never heed a word of what you have to offer. Just hope you are not standing next to them when they win the next Darwin Award! :laugh:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Is it possible they were going to be hunting out of state? Ohio and Illinois are awesome states for deer, Michigan and Kentucky are good too.

I think you did right by the customer informing him of Indiana laws and the operation of 5.56 and .223. However, pressing the matter for 10 minutes cost your company a potential firearms sale. It's great to inform, it's bad to push business away.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Having worked in so many Wally worlds on the refrigeration I have seen a lot of abuse dealt out by A$$ hat customers. Most of which were shopping on the tax payers dime. I always took great pleasure in getting a jab or two in on them at their expense. A few threatened to get me fired which was hilarious as I was an outside contractor. I would just say...."Please do" and walk away.

As to insistent customers as in "I am right and you are wrong" Let them bask in the ignorance they strive to achieve.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Did you ask where they were hunting with said ammo? And if they were hunting in Indiana you could have grabbed one of the DNR Hunting and Trapping booklets - that I assume your Walmart still stocks (unless you guys didn't this season) and show him the appropriate section and let him find out for himself. If he wants to disbelieve that, weeeeeellllllllll . . . .

But as the others have said, throw it out there and let him do with it what he will. Don't waste too much time with the ID10T's. IT ISN'T WORTH YOUR TIME!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Forrest's mom was right...'Stupid is as stupid does!' You did your part...they received the 'fail' title!

I used to try and explain stuff to people...but now I reserve my information for those who ask!

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Having worked in so many Wally worlds on the refrigeration I have seen a lot of abuse dealt out by A$$ hat customers. Most of which were shopping on the tax payers dime. I always took great pleasure in getting a jab or two in on them at their expense. A few threatened to get me fired which was hilarious as I was an outside contractor. I would just say...."Please do" and walk away.

As to insistent customers as in "I am right and you are wrong" Let them bask in the ignorance they strive to achieve.

And then there are the PEOPLE OF WALMART!

Nothing screams “I’m Bossy” more than an ass tat, because clearly any idiot who is back there to see it must have no control over their decisions whatsoever. The unitentional cool part of her tattoo is when she stands up I’m pretty sure it turns into a face with a handlebar mustache!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    They are if you have a depredation permit...

And - they're still fantastic deer rounds in Indiana even if you don't have a depredation permit.

Not like their effectiveness ceases to be...

Just ain't legal out of a rifle during regular deer season. But if you have a 16" barreled T/C pistol... Enjoy!

Top Bottom