code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Seen the released something like 10k cats to help combat the rat problem

Edit- Only 1k cats released

I hope they're "fixed" or they'll be paying down that debt for many years. Ask Denver. Except Denver didn't really do it on purpose.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    When I was a kid, we had ear corn in corn cribs. Mice were everywhere, but I never saw a single rat. When my kids were younger, the ear corn storage was long gone. But as soon as we got a few bags of feed for their 4H pigs, we instantly had rats. Got these two a-holes and turned them loose in the barn at 3 months old. By the time they were 6 months old, no more rats...

WMaEaVul.jpg

It was a seriously entertaining thing to watch. From day 1, they just knew how to do it. After killing several rats in the barn, the remaining rats would make a beeline for the woodpile behind the barn where I kept wood for my outdoor boiler. This isn't a neatly stacked kinda thing. Just large chucks of wood thrown on a pile. The smaller Jack Russell would dive right into the pile while the chunkier one would run circles around it. As the little one flushed them out, the bigger one would grab them, give them a quick shake, and continue running laps waiting for the next one to come out.
    Dogs never cease to amaze me.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The more I hear about him, the more I like him. DeSantis/Abbott ticket for 2024?
    So you think political candidates have a right to use social media? I can understand having platforms post their rules before banning someone, but no way in hell do I think govt should tell businesses that politicians MUST have access to their platform.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So you think political candidates have a right to use social media? I can understand having platforms post their rules before banning someone, but no way in hell do I think govt should tell businesses that politicians MUST have access to their platform.
    I think the tech companies need to decide if they want the 230 protections or not. If they want it, then they need to grant equal access to anyone that wants to use their services. As it stands now, they want to have their cake and eat it too.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

It's about time people stop worshiping corporations and start celebrating the bill of rights.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This does relate to the BoRs, but not in the way you think.
    And not in the way you think either, apparently. If they want to retain the right to control what is posted on their platforms (as long as it's not illegal), then they need to give up their Section 230 protections and take responsibility for what is posted on their platforms.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    This does relate to the BoRs, but not in the way you think.

I don't see massive mega corporations as private entities as so many of your persuasion seem to.

If I stop paying my bills and go bankrupt, I have to deal with the consequences; they don't. They give themselves a few million dollars or more and go live on a private island as the tax payers eat up their financial failure.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    So you think black folks have a right to use restaurants? I can understand having restaurants post their rules before banning someone, but no way in hell do I think govt should tell businesses that black folks MUST have access to their business.
    Does changing the demographic make any difference?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That ship sailed long ago.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom