• Status
    Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I’m just complaining about the local gas prices in Louisville Metro area. It’s a thing. There are two basic reasons why gas is more expensive here than most elsewhere in the free states. 1) Louisville Metro passed an ordinance back in the mid 2000’s that requires a cleaner grade fuel and that adds a few cents more per gallon. 2) Marathon has 95% of the market in this region. And they like to gouge the **** out of prices. This isn’t a statement about the shortages caused by the pipeline ransomware attack.

My bad. I thought you were disputing the prices in the southeast. I stand corrected.

Those prices in the southeast are better than we have around here as well but our prices are not as bad as Louisville Metro.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Wait until they add in the 'risk of mideast war' premium

Remember when we were energy self-sufficient briefly before some doddering old codger did what he could to disrupt it because; CO2

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Been a weird week. The pipeline hack pinching I think 1000's gas stations in maybe 7 states was very fishy when Grandholm said it was a private corporation, and they would not get involved.On the same day,Whitmer shuts down a Canadian pipeline that went under the Mackinac Straits, but the Gov't would shut down a beauty shop.
    In 4 months we go from energy independence to sucking the Saudi teet. I SURE MISS ORANGE MAN BAD.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    No wonder Chicago Lightfoot is in the news.
    She's trying to distract people.

Seen the released something like 10k cats to help combat the rat problem

Edit- Only 1k cats released

Last edited:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Growing up rural and dealing with rats on a continuous basis I can say that cats don't help much. Rats that are small they will chase, but if they are 1/3 the size of the cat or larger it's no go. The Chicago cat deal is a gimmick.

What does work? At a young age I learned that pumping Cyanogas, an old school pesticide, into the holes and a Nylon 66 would control things for a while then require a repeat application. The problem really never went away completely.

People today might find the idea of arming preteens with cyanide and rifles a bit disturbing, but it was a different time.;)

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    When I was a kid, we had ear corn in corn cribs. Mice were everywhere, but I never saw a single rat. When my kids were younger, the ear corn storage was long gone. But as soon as we got a few bags of feed for their 4H pigs, we instantly had rats. Got these two a-holes and turned them loose in the barn at 3 months old. By the time they were 6 months old, no more rats...

WMaEaVul.jpg

It was a seriously entertaining thing to watch. From day 1, they just knew how to do it. After killing several rats in the barn, the remaining rats would make a beeline for the woodpile behind the barn where I kept wood for my outdoor boiler. This isn't a neatly stacked kinda thing. Just large chucks of wood thrown on a pile. The smaller Jack Russell would dive right into the pile while the chunkier one would run circles around it. As the little one flushed them out, the bigger one would grab them, give them a quick shake, and continue running laps waiting for the next one to come out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom