www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yuengling for the win!

Plus the amber flavored nectar of the gods called Yuengling tastes a lot better than the horse p!$$ budweiser try’s to pass off as “beer”
    YES!

And before anyone remembers the "drag show they sponsored" last year, make sure you remind us the facts:
    YL sponsored the festival, not the show contained in it.
    The show wasnt all ages.
    When the promoter kept YL's logo on the announcement of the show, YL pimp slapped them and told them to knock it off. (and their name was removed from that part)

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I think we should give Bud Light a 2nd chance.

But not till AFTER everyone involved in the shenanigans are fired. the BoD, CEO, Marketing staff, etc.

Cut out the cancer THEN give them a shot. But not before.
    And the company sold/given back to the Busch family..

Nothing will EVER be right/fixed with AB until its back in their hands.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And the company sold/given back to the Busch family..

Nothing will EVER be right/fixed with AB until its back in their hands.
    At least some of the family want BL back…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well described article on the BL fall. Most interesting point to me was no market research was conducted, they just did it. It is almost criminal to the shareholders if BL did not engage in basic market research before such a momentous change of advertising focus.

“Companies can withstand a triggering event such as Johnson and Johnson’s Tylenol tampering in 1982 or Nike supporting Kaepernick in 2018. If they succumb to one, they do so for three reasons.”

“A Mediocre Offering, Undifferentiated from Competitors: A 2022 blind taste test ranked Bud Light sixth among the eight beers tested, another 2022 test ranked it seventh out of 10 and a 2023 test ranked it 22nd out of 28. Stefano Puntoni, a Wharton marketing professor called America’s light beers “the blandest, least distinctive beers on the whole planet.” He added: “In a blind test, it’s impossible to tell Bud Light apart from other light beers. Switching to another brand is the easiest of changes for consumers.”

“Below Average Customer Satisfaction: Bud Light’s parent company InBev has steadily declined from a score of 84 in 2019 to 80 in 2020, 78 in 2021 and 79 in 2022 — lower than the 2022 industry average of 80 percent. Because of below-average satisfaction ratings, Bud Light’s customers were less loyal and less forgiving and switched to competitors when they felt it transgressed.”

.Decision-Making That Underestimated Customer Diversity: When Bud Light’s vice president of marketing, Alissa Heinerscheid, sent Mulvaney the cans of beer, she seemed to believe that “Bud Light had been kind of a brand of fratty, kind of out-of-touch humor, ” saying “it was really important that we had another approach.” There is no evidence that senior executives at Bud Light conducted any research to ascertain the prevalence of their belief among its customers or to estimate the pros and cons of the gambit based on those results.”

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    PBR is winner, Coors is second, BL is 22 out of 28 beers in blind taste testing…

In fairness, nothing says that was a 'blind taste test' and it's just a few editors throwing together an article to sell affiliate links and ad space. However the notion that most light beers are fungible and only marketing really moves the market is absolutely spot on. Buying a beer is, in some ways, buying the experience of that beer and marketing matters for that.

I may have mentioned it, but somebody bought the old Weideman beer name and opened a hipster brew pub in Cincinnati. Weideman was not that great a beer, but it was what I drank as a high schooler/young teen so I have a soft spot (probably in my skull and/or liver) for it. I'm willing to drive to Cincy to drink a beer because of that nostalgia whereas I wouldn't drive to the northside of town for any mass produced beer.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    PBR is winner, Coors is second, BL is 22 out of 28 beers in blind taste testing…

Yeah, hard no.

I tried PBR once. After the funeral of a crusty old dude I used to skydive with. We all toasted him in the parking lot using his preferred brew.

Did I finish it? Yes. Was it good? No. Would I buy it? HELLS NO! I dont think any of us really ENJOYED the beer.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Yeah, hard no.

I tried PBR once. After the funeral of a crusty old dude I used to skydive with. We all toasted him in the parking lot using his preferred brew.

Did I finish it? Yes. Was it good? No. Would I buy it? HELLS NO! I dont think any of us really ENJOYED the beer.
    That's the stuff you break out after folks are already semi-plastered with the preferred stuff so they don't drink all of yours...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    As one who has conducted dozens of blind taste tests I can tell you folks have little sense of taste without the labels. I have never done a beer taste test but am confident it would fare no different.

My favorite and probably closest test would have been vodka. Grey Goose always was in the top two but Svedka was also Smirnoff was usually up top as well. Devout drinkers of Absolut, Stoli, Chopin, Belvedere, (pre Tito’s) and others were shocked to see what they chose in a blind taste test.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    As one who has conducted dozens of blind taste tests I can tell you folks have little sense of taste without the labels. I have never done a beer taste test but am confident it would fare no different.

My favorite and probably closest test would have been vodka. Grey Goose always was in the top two but Svedka was also Smirnoff was usually up top as well. Devout drinkers of Absolut, Stoli, Chopin, Belvedere, (pre Tito’s) and others were shocked to see what they chose in a blind taste test.
    Gin as well. Since I use mixers with Gin, IDC how cheap it is. The mixers override any subtle tastes the basic gins have. Granted I do like Bombay for its additional flavorings that come through the mixers. But you cant tell the difference otherwise when mixed.

And the funny thing is the cheapest Gin I have ever bought was one of the least offensive I ever tasted straight.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Gin as well. Since I use mixers with Gin, IDC how cheap it is. The mixers override any subtle tastes the basic gins have. Granted I do like Bombay for its additional flavorings that come through the mixers. But you cant tell the difference otherwise when mixed.

And the funny thing is the cheapest Gin I have ever bought was one of the least offensive I ever tasted straight.
    I like gin on the rocks when low carb dieting…

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Although It's getting harder to find, I still drink MGD and keep it around for guests. Meds have restricted my alcohol intake these days so I ended up giving much of my homemade wine equipment to a fellow INGO member.

I think you will have to see some woke changed brand crater a big company, wiping out a large percentage of institutional investor value before it gets buried.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Bud at least used to have some really good tasting products.

Michelob Amber Bock was one.
    Why do you say "was"?
    I still drink it!

I have tried to like Yuengling, but I just don't. It is too different from Heineken which I drank for decades. I normally prefer lagers, but not that one.

At pool matches on Thursdays, Blue Moon is on special so that's what I usually drink.

Last edited:

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Duh! They jumped on the LGBTQueer bandwagon with their urine quality beer and they can now realize:
    Go Woke and Go Broke! :buddies:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    1707426676129.png

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Why do you say "was"?
    I still drink it!

I have tried to like Yuengling, but I just don't. It is too different from Heineken which I drank for decades. I normally prefer lagers, but not that one.

At pool matches on Thursdays, Blue Moon is on special so that's what I usually drink.
    Try the Dos Equis xx lager

Top Bottom