• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I gotta say, I've seen two consistent threads on this forum since I've joined. #1 Bacon, and #2 threads containing antagonistic Glock material. lol. I own 2 G19s, one the slide goes to battery when you slam a new mag into it and the 2nd is brand new never fired. I owner an XD. I liked it, just didn't need it.
    I'd be willing to try an XDm though. If they ever do something with the trigger on the XDs I'd probably just back on the wagon.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I gotta say, I've seen two consistent threads on this forum since I've joined. #1 Bacon, and #2 threads containing antagonistic Glock material. lol. I own 2 G19s, one the slide goes to battery when you slam a new mag into it and the 2nd is brand new never fired. I owner an XD. I liked it, just didn't need it.
    I'd be willing to try an XDm though. If they ever do something with the trigger on the XDs I'd probably just back on the wagon.
    I thought I was the only one that happened to. My G21 does the same thing, everytime. I actually liked that it did that when I was still using it in USPSA.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    The biggest disadvantage to shooting Glocks... is they are UGLY!
    How is being ugly a disadvantage to shooting it? Sorry that as a fasion accessory Glock doesn't match your purse. But I'll take a gun that isn't pretty but will do what I want it too when I need it too any day.:D

versuchstier147

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Indiana
    I don't like the way Glocks look. I don't like the way they feel. I don't like the majority of people who carry them.

Walking down the cases my friend said, "Hey, get a Glock." To which I replied, "I'm never getting a ****ing Glock." Where then an employee and potential customer look over, holding a Glock. "No, go ahead and get it. I'm sure they're fine."

I can't explain why I don't like them so much... I have no real reason not to.

Then leaving the store: "You know, for what you put down on that HK, walking out still empty handed, you could've been walking out with two Glocks." To which I reply quietly, "God dammit......"

HK boner.

Yeah, there are a lot less HK fanatics out there, but they've got it probably worse than the Glock fanatics.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    The biggest disadvantage to shooting Glocks... is they are UGLY!
    I understand what you are saying. There isn't much in the way of elegance in a Glock.

On the other hand, there is something beautiful about a piece of equipment with a simple design that always works. And there is something beautiful about a piece of equipment that feels right in your hand when you use it. And there is something beautiful about a piece of equipment the does what it supposed to do with accuracy and precision.

There is more than one kind of beauty. It all depends on what you are looking for.

If you want a barbecue gun, get a 1911. If you want to impress your buddies with how rich you are, get a Desert Eagle with three calibers in two lengths each. If you want to be cool, get whatever makes you feel cool.

But if you want a firearm that works every time, that you can depend on, and that does what it supposed to do -- in other words, if you are into function rather than form -- then consider the Glock.

Most Glock owners I know don't care whether you have one or not, though.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I understand what you are saying. There isn't much in the way of elegance in a Glock.

On the other hand, there is something beautiful about a piece of equipment with a simple design that always works. And there is something beautiful about a piece of equipment that feels right in your hand when you use it. And there is something beautiful about a piece of equipment the does what it supposed to do with accuracy and precision.

There is more than one kind of beauty. It all depends on what you are looking for.

If you want a barbecue gun, get a 1911. If you want to impress your buddies with how rich you are, get a Desert Eagle with three calibers in two lengths each. If you want to be cool, get whatever makes you feel cool.

But if you want a firearm that works every time, that you can depend on, and that does what it supposed to do -- in other words, if you are into function rather than form -- then consider the Glock.

Most Glock owners I know don't care whether you have one or not, though.

And if you want a firearm that works every time, that you can depend on, and that does what it is supposed to do -- without shooting your leg -- then buy an XDM :D

Oh an added bonus with the XDM...you don't have to put a condom over the grip to keep it from slipping out of your hand...

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    The biggest disadvantage to shooting a Glock is, while at the range all the other guys get mad at you when your drilling them in there and your gun doesn't jam.:bigballs: Unless you limp wrist it in a very unsafe manner and nearly blow your head and everyone Else's around you off!!!!!! Think about it guys?

Ok, let's hit some milk jugs @ 75 yds. I'll bring my GP100.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I wish more people would hate glocks!!!!!!1 The demand would drop to a reasonable level and thus driving the price down to where I could buy 3 or 4 more!..As of right now I can't but buy a new one every 5 or 6 months .....that is if I can even find them...! :)

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south

ya know, there are hundreds, if not thousands of other guns out there that fit all those criteria as well as the Glock (especially the "accuracy and precision" part), if not better? I suppose I'll be called a Glock basher again for saying that.
    ...or any of the limitless other guns that work every time, do what they're supposed to do...function...
    And if you want a firearm that works every time, that you can depend on, and that does what it is supposed to do -- without shooting your leg -- then buy an XDM :D

Did somebody mention Glock leg? :p

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield

I'm trying to remember if I have ever shot myself in the leg. I don't think I have, but I may have forgotten a time or two.

On the other hand, it is entirely possible to do so with an XD, too. This guy did it.

See, if you pull that little trigger thing when there is a round in the chamber and the striker is under tension, it can happen.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Ok, let's hit some milk jugs @ 75 yds. I'll bring my GP100.

That's not a hard target to hit:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY5RURFEGd8]YouTube - XS Sight Demo[/ame]

even for a G26

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPvMJcmpVsQ]YouTube - Glock 26[/ame]

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I don't like the way Glocks look. I don't like the way they feel. I don't like the majority of people who carry them.

Walking down the cases my friend said, "Hey, get a Glock." To which I replied, "I'm never getting a ****ing Glock." Where then an employee and potential customer look over, holding a Glock. "No, go ahead and get it. I'm sure they're fine."

I can't explain why I don't like them so much... I have no real reason not to.

Then leaving the store: "You know, for what you put down on that HK, walking out still empty handed, you could've been walking out with two Glocks." To which I reply quietly, "God dammit......"

Yeah, there are a lot less HK fanatics out there, but they've got it probably worse than the Glock fanatics.

They rub me wrong... that's my only reason... I think they are hideous, over-rated... and I suspect brainwashing behind their sales... simply for the fact that so many people say "oh yeah glocks are cool, I have a glock, you should get a glock"

Top Bottom