• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yeah. Let the word get out about what the administration is doing via the media. That will give us a proper picture of what is going on...

About 80% of Trumps tweets are simply clips of his speeches, announcements of new policies and initiatives, etc. Given the state of the media, a channel for direct communications with the public is very valuable.
    Even if that is true, Alpo is right. The other 20% are him sounding like an an insecure juvenile bully. If he would quit that crap, he would be a lot more popular.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Even if that is true, Alpo is right. The other 20% are him sounding like an an insecure juvenile bully. If he would quit that crap, he would be a lot more popular.

So, you are comfortable with the MSM as your source of info about what is going on with the administration?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yeah. Let the word get out about what the administration is doing via the media. That will give us a proper picture of what is going on...

About 80% of Trumps tweets are simply clips of his speeches, announcements of new policies and initiatives, etc. Given the state of the media, a channel for direct communications with the public is very valuable.

Come on KLB, who would really want to see the 80% tweets that are classic politics? NOBODY! Who wants to see the 20% that are Presidential reality show, most of them. I understand though, we are well on our way to President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Come on KLB, who would really want to see the 80% tweets that are classic politics? NOBODY! Who wants to see the 20% that are Presidential reality show, most of them. I understand though, we are well on our way to President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho...
    The 20% are what your opponent latch onto so often to feed their narrative of how bad he is. If you guys can't see the harm he does himself in those tweets, I can only say you are being willfully blind.

He is lucky he has Biden as an opponent. If the Ds had managed again to dig up a decent candidate I don't think this would be a contest at all. Somehow Instead somehow Trump has been matched up with possibly the two worst candidates, possibly ever.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Huh? Where was any of that nonsense in what I posted?

You either get it all or nothing. If you don't want the 20%, you don't get the 80% either. If you want to perfect human to run for president, good luck with that.

He is lucky he has Biden as an opponent. If the Ds had managed again to dig up a decent candidate I don't think this would be a contest at all. Somehow Instead somehow Trump has been matched up with possibly the two worst candidates, possibly ever.

They are a clear reflection of the state of the Democrat party.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    At the end of the day in a few weeks we'll all have a choice between President Trump and Senator Biden. Harry Truman won't be a choice, nor will Theodore Roosevelt, Ronald Regan or George Washington. Joe is running an anti gun campaign and surrounded by people who are anti 2A, my decision is easy.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    At the end of the day in a few weeks we'll all have a choice between President Trump and Senator Biden. Harry Truman won't be a choice, nor will Theodore Roosevelt, Ronald Regan or George Washington. Joe is running an anti gun campaign and surrounded by people who are anti 2A, my decision is easy.

Ditto for me and my wife. I don't think I would have this guy in my house, but of the two choices we have, it is an easy decision for me.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If Trump didn't Tweet, he'd have this election hands down. A 70+ year old man should not tweet. No upside.

If you want to blame someone, blame Twitter.

I don't really pay much attention to his Twitterings much anymore. But I watched some of the town hall with George Stephanopoulos and kept thinking, okay, I think he's pretty good at figuring out what he should say. The ideas are good, but his communication skills are ****. He sounds like an 8th grader explaining his homework to his parents. If he had better communication skills he would easily overcome the media advantage and would trounce Joe Harris.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Sometimes he does say some really controversial things. But the way the Media reports his tweets they can take the innocuous ones and make them sound much more controversial than they are.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Joe is a worthless piece of **** with another worthless piece of **** as a running mate.

(that felt good)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If you can stand shoulder to shoulder, in the masses, mask-less, to exercise your right to protest, you can stand in a line, perhaps even toe-to-heel, wearing a mask, to exercise your right to vote. I’ll be heading to the polls for early voting as soon as they’re open. To vote “no” to bat**** crazy authoritarian social justice. I’m voting no ****ing way to a president Harris.

Seriously, if that ****ing opportunist **** ends up as President it would be the most present signal of how flawed our election system is.

And it will be all Alpo’s fault.

Gradually, the voice crying in the wilderness begins to be heard

https://ballotpedia.org/Massachusetts_Question_2,_Ranked-Choice_Voting_Initiative_(2020)
    Massachusetts Question 2, Ranked-Choice Voting Initiative (2020)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You either get it all or nothing. If you don't want the 20%, you don't get the 80% either. If you want to perfect human to run for president, good luck with that.

They are a clear reflection of the state of the Democrat party.
    Like most people, I get none of it, which is one of his problems. Most people only get what the rest of the world tells them of Trump's tweets. His propensity for exaggeration and having to talk about how awesome he is is another.

It amazes me that you guys still can't see how his nonsense is detrimental to him. For a lot of people the choice will be between a senile old fool and a juvenile blowhard.

The juvenile blowhard will get my vote because he isn't Biden, and I really liked his choice of Gorsuch for the USSC. Another one of two like him would be awesome. Kavanaugh I am not as fond of.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    If there was solid evidence that owning a handgun increased the likelihood of suicide, I would buy one for Biden and for Harris.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Friend of mine recently posted this. I think there are a fair number of people who felt this was in 2016 and feel this way again.

It gets the point across:

I hear the question asked a lot, “How can you be a real Republican and vote for Trump?” or “How can you be a Christian and vote for Trump?”. As someone who is both of those things as well as someone who voted for Trump, allow me to answer the question by using an analogy.

I am a big fan of food; most of you know that saying as I run a restaurant for a living. As a Republican let me represent the candidates who were available as food and America is a family deciding on what to eat. If I remember correctly, 17 republicans ran for President in 2016. Some of the best guys in the eyes of conservatives were Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio. To me, those guys were like a filet and a ribeye. Delicious! I would vote to eat a filet or ribeye any day of the week. Other candidates in the Republican field to me were like chicken Caesar salads. Not my favorite, but still a pretty good meal option. Some were like hot dogs, not great but if there’s nothing else around the house I’ll eat one.

Then there was Donald Trump. He was a baloney sandwich. I do not like baloney sandwiches. I tried to convince as many people as I could to choose a ribeye or a filet to prevent myself from being stuck with a baloney sandwich. However little by little the chicken Caesar salads, the hot dogs and even the steaks were eliminated and I was left with a baloney sandwich... and not all that excited about it.

Then however the race turned. It was now a choice between a baloney sandwich and Hillary Clinton. Hillary Clinton is best represented by that pie in the movie The Help which was made out of human poop. All the sudden, a baloney sandwich in comparison sounded delicious. I’m not all that excited to eat baloney, but by golly I wasn’t going to sit this one out and let someone else pick the poo poo pie for me. I decided I was going to try as hard as I can to get as many people on board with the idea that a baloney sandwich doesn’t really taste all that bad.

Fortunately, we ended up picking the baloney sandwich. Every now and then that baloney sandwich does something that makes me think he might actually be a filet or ribeye; and other times he does things that reminds me he’s just a baloney sandwich. At the end of the day I’m still very happy I didn’t have to eat the pie.

So yea, that’s why I voted for Trump.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom