• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    In other news that should be important to the election not being covered while the Dems throw yet another tantrum:

Anyone Notice That The Trump Recovery Is Doing Much Better Than Expected?

All I know is that, anecdotally, my son, after 5 months of being unemployed directly due to the 'rona (tourism/museum), he has a new job and is doing better than ever.

Further, my own firm is billing at pre-pandemic levels...but still trying to make up for the "shut down" lull.

In other words, the indicators match my experience.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I know of no business people, not in hospitality, that are not doing well.

I believe the market expects a Trump win. I believe the betting markets also show similar...

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    All I know is that, anecdotally, my son, after 5 months of being unemployed directly due to the 'rona (tourism/museum), he has a new job and is doing better than ever.

Further, my own firm is billing at pre-pandemic levels...but still trying to make up for the "shut down" lull.

In other words, the indicators match my experience.

As a baseline, 2019 was a record setting year for my 35 year old company. 1st quarter 2020 we were gangbusters - up 10%. Then the crash, and by end of 2nd quarter we were down 20%, so a huge loss. Then it started picking up, and by the end of September we'll be equal again to 2019.

This economy is wanting to boom, and I predict a Trump re-election will light a fire under it, the likes of which we may have never seen. That is my prediction.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Looks like Biden is struggling to do an interview without a teleprompter

[video=youtube;viRWcMlp7K4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viRWcMlp7K4[/video]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As a baseline, 2019 was a record setting year for my 35 year old company. 1st quarter 2020 we were gangbusters - up 10%. Then the crash, and by end of 2nd quarter we were down 20%, so a huge loss. Then it started picking up, and by the end of September we'll be equal again to 2019.

This economy is wanting to boom, and I predict a Trump re-election will light a fire under it, the likes of which we may have never seen. That is my prediction.

And this is exactly why the Dems want to shut it down.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I wonder how much haldol Biden will be pumped with before the debates commence?

At least that's what I assume they'd pump him full of. When my father had crazy psychotic issues from a stroke, that set him right and kept him lucid until it wore off.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

It is consistent with throwing a couple $trillion into economy. It has to pop out as either productivity, net personal debt reduction or inflation (primarily). Inflation is low except for spikes in shortages or panic buying.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    It is consistent with throwing a couple $trillion into economy. It has to pop out as either productivity, net personal debt reduction or inflation (primarily). Inflation is low except for spikes in shortages or panic buying.

I get that, but it was booming long before the trillions were pumped in. And in this case, much of that money actually hindered the economy, with people choosing to stay home on unemployment, rather than work. Many of my clients are being held up for lack of product to sell, due to supply chain disruption. When that eases up, watch out! Demand is huge, and the economy will soar.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That's a deficiency in our system, when a rich person can hack an election legally.

He's playing within the rules as they exist in Florida, unfortunately. I think i would assign the paperwork obviously necessary for these people to regain their voting privilege to just one guy with a stapler fixation. The wheels of government can turn v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside

Pretty much seeing the same at my company. We have started to work Saturdays because we cannot keep up. However part of the issue is that we cannot find workers for light production work. I have a hunch that unemployment is keeping people at home instead of going to work.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Many of my clients are being held up for lack of product to sell, due to supply chain disruption. When that eases up, watch out! Demand is huge, and the economy will soar.

That is exactly my issue, no product and high demand. We are just hoping to make it until product arrives. Hard to make money with nothing to sell.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Jack Murphy put together a video featuring clips from Scott Adams. Excellent work...

[video=youtube_share;FeNFHhiz3Jw]https://youtu.be/FeNFHhiz3Jw[/video]

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Are yall following the story on Hunter Biden being linked to child/sex trafficking?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Are yall following the story on Hunter Biden being linked to child/sex trafficking?

Do you think it's going to change anyone's mind about anything?
    If no, then it isn't of much consequence.

We already know bill clinton was involved in the nastier stuff with epstein, directly, and nobody on the other side seems to care. Biden's son doing nasty stuff is of far less consequence.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    You know, it might and it might not. The infotainment corporations may spike the story on the trafficking and also on him accepting big bucks from the Russians. On the other hand, it would be a hoot if Biden forgot the latest version of reality and brought up Russian collusion. Sometimes I think that there's so much corruption on both sides of the aisle that everybody really wants to turn a blind eye.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Do you think it's going to change anyone's mind about anything?
    If no, then it isn't of much consequence.

We already know bill clinton was involved in the nastier stuff with epstein, directly, and nobody on the other side seems to care. Biden's son doing nasty stuff is of far less consequence.

Unless it's linked to Joe some way, why should it change someone's mind?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom