That's kind of almost like being racist, isn't it?!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    That's what a stranger said to me when I got a text from one of my friends.

Several in my contact list are cop types and I have different I.D. tones for each (so I know who's texting/calling without looking). Like one is a short siren wail. One is that "BEE-doo-BEE-doo" sound. One gets the "COPS" theme ("♪♪Bad Boys Bad Boys, Whatcha gonna do...♪"), and so on.

My best shooter pal range buddy has an I.D. that goes "Whoop Whooooop" (really quick and cuts off, like if you're getting lit up to be pulled over).
    As a text asking me to go shootin' Friday arrived to my phone, someone nearby said (regarding the tone), "That's different... someone in trouble?!? hahaha."
    I said, "Nah, that's just one of the sounds I have for a LEO friend." And I kid you not, they said, "That's kind of almost like being racist, isn't it?!"

Seriously.

I just said...

th

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We're gonna have to get a lot smarter if we don't plan to fail horribly in a couple years. The other side is way smarter than us and successful with their message. :xmad:

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    The party who asked you if it was racist is only slightly more racist for asking than you are for having the ringtone in the first place.

Here to help.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    My son's ring tone for his mom is the song Star Wars plays when Darth Vader is on the screen, the one he has for me is Homer Simpson talking. I would say he has us both figured out :D

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    My son's ring tone for his mom is the song Star Wars plays when Darth Vader is on the screen, the one he has for me is Homer Simpson talking. I would say he has us both figured out :D
    Sometimes when my daughter calls or texts, it's actually her boyfriend or one of her other friends. Her ringtone is the theme to "The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly". People who know, laugh.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Maybe if the ringtone was Al Sharpton saying "hands up don't shoot" followed by maniacal laughter. That might be in questionable taste given the current witch-hunt climate...?

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI

Several in my contact list are cop types and I have different I.D. tones for each (so I know who's texting/calling without looking). Like one is a short siren wail. One is that "BEE-doo-BEE-doo" sound. One gets the "COPS" theme ("♪♪Bad Boys Bad Boys, Whatcha gonna do...♪"), and so on.

My best shooter pal range buddy has an I.D. that goes "Whoop Whooooop" (really quick and cuts off, like if you're getting lit up to be pulled over).
    As a text asking me to go shootin' Friday arrived to my phone, someone nearby said (regarding the tone), "That's different... someone in trouble?!? hahaha."
    I said, "Nah, that's just one of the sounds I have for a LEO friend." And I kid you not, they said, "That's kind of almost like being racist, isn't it?!"
    Ya just gotta stop talking to people whose IQ and shoe size are the same number... :facepalm:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Sometimes when my daughter calls or texts, it's actually her boyfriend or one of her other friends. Her ringtone is the theme to "The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly". People who know, laugh.

This is the same one I have for my son. I love it when he calls and I am around people.

I have one that yells out "@$$hole calling". That one is assigned to one special person. Went off in the middle of a meeting once when I forgot to turn off the sound. :lmfao:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Seriously.

I just said...

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    We're gonna have to get a lot smarter if we don't plan to fail horribly in a couple years. The other side is way smarter than us and successful with their message. :xmad:

I'm not so sure of that any more. The other side has been very successful for a long time, but it seems (at least to me) that the ruse is coming to an end. Lately the progressives have had a hard time playing the stealth game and have resorted to public demonstrations of Full Potato which is reaching fewer and fewer folks. I think Jetgirl's experience is a good example. The Race Card is fast becoming so overplayed that even the strongest devotees are having WTF moments. For example, some silly Prog college down south just announced a ban on Hoop Skirts because they were worn during the slavery era and may be considered racist. Even hard line lefties are shaking their heads. I think the other side has lost control of their message and morphed into a 5 headed hydra of embarrassment to them. Hell, even MSNBC is seeing the light and supposedly is going to shift right in effort to climb out of the cable news commode rating cellar they are in.

Top Bottom