• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Key words highlighted above, how many INGO members do you personally know all of their personal connections and life experiences and how it could affect them? None? Yeah, me either. I know some quite well but I don't know everything about them. So really you don't have a darn clue as to any possible connections or possibly related incidents that they do have a connection to. Plus, this forum is open to public viewing so it's not only possible, but it's likely that somebody that knows of this guy could read this thread. So it's risky to joke about it. So you're taking a risk, to what benefit? We've already established that those in this thread are not so closely and deeply affected by this that they need to joke as a coping mechanism openly so what is the benefit of the candid jokes?

I don't have to have a dark sense of humor to visit the internet. Just because you have one, doesn't mean I have to accept your dark sense of humor.

I have as well. I am and have been a member of a multitude forums (around 50 if I had to guess), everything from home-improvement, guns, machining, cars, and many other past-times I have and I can say without a doubt in my mind that INGO USED TO be the forum I sought to go to when I wanted respectful, clean conversations, and I can say that now, nearly a decade after I joined here, it lands about average or median for level of respect and conduct of the membership. IMHO we Hoosiers should hold ourselves to a higher level than that, but some people don't understand that.

Trust me, I'm not offended, I just try not to offend others and so I sympathize with those that may be offended by tasteless jokes. If you think I'm offended I think my point has gone well over your head.

One of the first things you learn in ethics classes is about morals and who is the judge. The root of the matter is that if morals are individually subjective then morals do not exist because you would define your own morals. That simply isn't the case. Just like morals, you don't get to determine what your own definition of disrespect is, society does. But that was a valiant effort to justify your conduct!

Youre 100% right. My apologies. From this day forward I will pm you before I post anything to make sure you deem it as an appropriate and moral response to the topic.

What i find odd is you seem to be the only one bothered by this. Even more disturbing is you lumped everybody who lives in rural communities to having the same beliefs and “morals” as you do. I don’t think any of us is glad this happened, or thinks that fact that it did happen is funny. But I also think we should be free to engage in discussions with a sense of humor, even if you deem it to be disrespectful. I don’t see it as disrespect, you do, different beliefs different opinions. I’m still trying to find something I can be offended about so I can ride my moral high horse through the forum and force you to be apologetic. However, i guess my small town community is different and we aren’t so easily triggered around these parts :):

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    CB19, if this thread tingles your feelz, I highly recommend you NOT visit the last few pages of the INGO joke of the day thread! Your head may actually explode?!

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    What i find odd is you seem to be the only one bothered by this. Even more disturbing is you lumped everybody who lives in rural communities to having the same beliefs and “morals” as you do. I don’t think any of us is glad this happened, or thinks that fact that it did happen is funny. But I also think we should be free to engage in discussions with a sense of humor, even if you deem it to be disrespectful. I don’t see it as disrespect, you do, different beliefs different opinions. I’m still trying to find something I can be offended about so I can ride my moral high horse through the forum and force you to be apologetic. However, i guess my small town community is different and we aren’t so easily triggered around these parts :):

It's projection. $20 says he's a youth pastor who has 2 women and a small dog chained up in his basement.

You read it here first. :):

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    One of the first things you learn in ethics classes is about morals and who is the judge. The root of the matter is that if morals are individually subjective then morals do not exist because you would define your own morals. That simply isn't the case. Just like morals, you don't get to determine what your own definition of disrespect is, society does. But that was a valiant effort to justify your conduct!

And just because you learned in “ethics class” doesn’t make it so. In California schools they teach you if you pretend to be a woman you’re magically a woman. Doesn’t make it true. In fact we do define our own individual morals (I wouldn’t let society define my morals at all, do you not watch the news?). If you’re a Christian you have different morals than a atheist usually. You don’t define my morals and I don’t define yours. What society views as inappropriate doesn’t mean I do. If that were true we’d be turning in our guns, because owning guns is “immoral” to a lot of society. So agree to disagree.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    What i find odd is you seem to be the only one bothered by this.

Clearly I'm not... have you been reading the discussion? The flow of the discussion coupled with the multitude of rep I've gotten on my comments means I'm not the only one. Some of the rep comments were along the lines of "I agree with you but you're wasting your time arguing"... implying that some people clearly can't open their minds to see another viewpoint... either way, I think this one is dead!!! And I usually don't get rep comments FWIW... the fact that I've received double-digits on a couple posts speaks volumes that there are many others that feel the way I do.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Clearly I'm not... have you been reading the discussion? The flow of the discussion coupled with the multitude of rep I've gotten on my comments means I'm not the only one. Some of the rep comments were along the lines of "I agree with you but you're wasting your time arguing"... implying that some people clearly can't open their minds to see another viewpoint... either way, I think this one is dead!!! And I usually don't get rep comments FWIW... the fact that I've received double-digits on a couple posts speaks volumes that there are many others that feel the way I do.

Well I’ll join in and give ya a pat on the back and an atta boy!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I’m still trying to find something I can be offended about so I can ride my moral high horse through the forum and force you to be apologetic.
    Since you reached 50 so fast legitimately, they are going to raise the bar to 200 “quality” posts, and CB19 is the moral authority on quality? That offend you?;)

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    tenor.gif

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    If it really is a coping mechanism that F'd up...

So lets change the circumstances... your grandma gets lost in Indy one day... it's not her fault, she's aging, got turned around, and mixed up, and she finds her way to a not so savory part of town. The specific circumstances are unknown but what is known is that she catches a bullet right in the old noggin'; we're not sure if it was intended for her or not. Will your coping mechanism be to say "guess grandma couldn't wrap her mind around the directions I gave as well as she was able to wrap her mind around that bullet"?

If so you need some mental health exams because that's not a coping mechanism, that's some sort of psychological problem. If that's not your coping mechanism why? Because it's YOUR grandma and not somebody else's? Congratulations, you just discovered what I'm trying to say about common decency. You don't have to think this guy was innocent, but you can still treat him and his family with dignity & respect while thinking that "he had it coming".

I do. It’s a family thing. We make macabre jokes to add some levity to the situation. It’s not for everyone. Each and every person has a different way of coping with reality. Obviously yours is different. Makes it no less valid or useful.

Top Bottom