• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    You didn’t answer my question. Also is a charge required now to hold someone indefinitely? I have been to Texas. What a mess. Have you been there? I’m guessing your take is if someone is not physically involved, they need not have an opinion? That is the thought process that has failed this country decade after decade.
    Didn't feel the need to answer your question. Considering I never said or implied it.

Yes, generally to hold someone for more than a couple of days a charge is required. There are a few exceptions such as unlawful enemy combatant who was seized in a war zone.

Nope haven't been there. Have friends who have lived there, and who have family that currently does. If you're not on the front lines, are you on the hill refusing to do what needs to be done?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Interesting. Apparently the feds are charging one of the illegals who pushed past the Texas national guardsmen the other day.

One thing I would like to see cleared up is what the fence on the wall situation is in Elpaso. In that video, you see a crowd push through a handful of guardsmen a hole in the fence, but when the camera pulls back, they run up against a much more solid fence. it appears there were two layers of fencing and the illegals only got through the first one. But I’m not sure because there’s no overall view of the area.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    So Texas identified and arrested 222 illegals involved in the El Paso fence riot.

The El Paso DA brought a group of 39 to a video detention hearing last Sunday before a magistrate, who ruled that each individual rioter had to receive an individual hearing within 48 hours (I assume this requirement applies to all 222).

The DA asked for a continuance so they could prepare for the individual hearings, but instead the judge scolded the DA for not being ready for individual hearings and ordered the 39 released on their own recognizances.

Bluntly this sounds like a stretch by a judge who wants to let the illegals run loose, but I am a bit jaded about these things these days.

However, it turns out that ICE put detainers on all the rioters, so instead of letting them loose Texas turned the 39 over to ICE who says they’re going to begin immediate deportation proceedings on them. The DA started preparing for individual hearings for the remaining rioters.

On Monday at a hearing the DA was ready to go with individual hearings (I’ll bet there was a long sleepless night in between) but now the public defender got cold feet, and requested a delay in the hearings, because if the judge kicks the rioters loose, ICE will snap them up.

There are also other criminal charges against at least some of the rioters for destroying things and attacking Guardsmen.

Also, the article below says Abbott sent another 200 guardsmen to Elpaso to help, which is true, but he sent even more now, and the total is currently 700 I believe. They are also expanding and strengthening the border fences, as in the tweet above.

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I grew up not far from McAllen Texas, in Hidalgo County, six miles from the river.

People "up north here" can not conceive how many complications there are in moving a multi-generational family across from Mexico into the USA trying to do things the right way.

Unfortunately, some of these folks never had birth certificates, licenses, documentation of any kind and some grandpas or matriarchs don't even know their birthday!

Illegals? Hell, NO! Even my mestizo, Indian or native friends agreed on these "do it right" points.

What I see mostly now is NOT families, but an invasion of mostly single, warring age men trying to bully past the weaker and just get in, any way they can.

It's disappointing to me how the other border states can't even make a solid standing front to prevent the raw element some thugs bring from entering these proud lands.

I have family still living near McAllen. They've all been burglurized and my brother, more than once in recent times.
    We aren't the only ones who saw this coming years ago.

Where to from here?
    I hope recruitment for the Texas National Guard is at an all time high.
    It's not just Texas that needs to do something, something more, though.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom