• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Not for me. A civil war doesn’t go good for anybody. Even the winners suffer. Having seen the results of war, I don’t want it if it can be avoided. Look around the world where there is civil war, or have been, and truthfully say you want that. Peaceful is my first preference. I do agree however that some things are worth a fight.
    We can avoid it by backing off and letting joe have his way. Heck, we can avoid every disagreement with the dems by just giving in and let them make us into their vision of the future. I guess we could slow walk one step right and 2 steps left for the next 50 years and pat each other on the back and say “it a communist **** hole, but we did avoid a possible civil war”…

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    We can avoid it by backing off and letting joe have his way. Heck, we can avoid every disagreement with the dems by just giving in and let them make us into their vision of the future. I guess we could slow walk one step right and 2 steps left for the next 50 years and pat each other on the back and say “it a communist **** hole, but we did avoid a possible civil war”…
    I didn’t say anything even close to that. What I said was, I am not excited about the prospect of violence. I said I would much prefer a peaceful solution. I also said that some things were worth a fight, I just would rather peace prevail. Cheerleading a violent confrontation, hoping for it, is madness. If that were to happen, literally everything we have and know would change. Economy collapse, jobs lost, shortages of everything, etc. Covid, supply chain issues, recessions, etc would all pale in comparison. I still would rather see a peaceful resolution.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I didn’t say anything even close to that. What I said was, I am not excited about the prospect of violence. I said I would much prefer a peaceful solution. I also said that some things were worth a fight, I just would rather peace prevail. Cheerleading a violent confrontation, hoping for it, is madness. If that were to happen, literally everything we have and know would change. Economy collapse, jobs lost, shortages of everything, etc. Covid, supply chain issues, recessions, etc would all pale in comparison. I still would rather see a peaceful resolution.
    Do you believe there will be a peaceful solution with the dems that you can live with? Would that include letting them have what they want. Do you believe they will give us what we want as a compromise? I don’t have that faith. I believe a dem will always give a dollar as long as he is getting ten in return. I don’t believe he will ever give more than he is getting regardless of the consequences.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Do you believe there will be a peaceful solution with the dems that you can live with? Would that include letting them have what they want. Do you believe they will give us what we want as a compromise? I don’t have that faith. I believe a dem will always give a dollar as long as he is getting ten in return. I don’t believe he will ever give more than he is getting regardless of the consequences.
    On this very narrow topic of border security, which is what the situation in Texas is all about, yes I do believe a peaceful solution is possible. There are a lot of rank and file Dems that think border security is important too. How likely is it? I dont know. What I do know is I will never hope for and look forward to armed confrontation of any kind. Sometimes it is unavoidable, but I will never cheer it on, because I am fairly confident that I know what that might mean and none of us want that.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I thought I read something earlier today about a Biden/Congress bill outlawing the protest convoys here and don't know where I saw it now. All I can find is this article about a court ruling against Trudeau's use of terror law against truckers.

The triggering of the Emergencies Act by Trudeau — reportedly at the urging of the Biden administration in the United States — allowed the government to arrest the leaders of the Freedom Convoy, freeze bank accounts of protesters, and seize donations intended for the protest.

The Act states that, for the government to declare a public emergency, there must be “threats to the security of Canada that are so serious as to be a national emergency.” The law defers to the definition of a threat from the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, which lists espionage, serious violence, foreign interference, or intent to overthrow the government as examples that would meet the threshold.
    In his ruling, Judge Mosley said:
    I have concluded that the decision to issue the Proclamation does not bear the hallmarks of reasonableness – justification, transparency and intelligibility – and was not justified in relation to the relevant factual and legal constraints that were required to be taken into consideration.
    “The potential for serious violence, or being unable to say that there was no potential for serious violence was, of course, a valid reason for concern,” he added. “But in my view, it did not satisfy the test required to invoke the Act.”

EDIT: found it! But it's about designating Truckers insurrectionists:xmad:

Lara Logan wrote on X that the truckers should be very concerned. “Be aware – numerous sources indicate the federal govt is planning to try make this another fake “insurrection” and go after people in the convoy the same way they targeted people for exercising their constitutional rights on January 6th.. They are already tracing and tracking people through their phones, iPads etc.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Anything Biden tries to pass will get shot down.

The reason America's Hat(tm) was able to do what they did to those truckers is they are subjects not citizens, and therefore have no 1st amendment rights.

Longhair

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Our school system is always asking for more tax dollars and this seems to be a good reason to vote no.
    They waste so much money, heck we have school buses with chrome wheels.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Our school system is always asking for more tax dollars and this seems to be a good reason to vote no.
    They waste so much money, heck we have school buses with chrome wheels.

"Bartholomew County"...lol.

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    The Bee generally runs a few weeks/months ahead of the news cycle, so this seems a prescient article.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    On this very narrow topic of border security, which is what the situation in Texas is all about, yes I do believe a peaceful solution is possible. There are a lot of rank and file Dems that think border security is important too. How likely is it? I dont know. What I do know is I will never hope for and look forward to armed confrontation of any kind. Sometimes it is unavoidable, but I will never cheer it on, because I am fairly confident that I know what that might mean and none of us want that.
    I can’t say that I cheer it on, but as we have walked this road with loss after loss to the communists, I will take conflict over another give away to the left. I believe it’s time to give nothing and take what they are afraid to offer .

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    The war is afoot. Interpretations lag. Behaviours follow. Results tbd.

I don't trust Abbott. We might be looking at the start of Abbaott 2028 campaign. I mean, really, why now Mr. Abbott? Why is he not in Texas? Heck, maybe we're looking at a Trump/Abbott ticket. I don't really know, but the situation is tenuous, dangerous and fraught with danger regardless of one's politics.

The posibility for political resolution, for both Texas and greater America, resides in States flexing their constitutional muscle. Individually we're insurrectionists, collectively we're a movement by the people for the people. Weird times. I hope sanity prevails.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The "asylum con" is a vulnerability built into our system, and when Obama announced the "20 day and proceed" policy, he exposed the soft underbelly of America to the world.

America's sucking in the teeming refuse of the Earth, and Mexico is the straw. It must really suck to be a Mexican citizen, living inside a trade route for cartels.

Top Bottom