Terror stalks America's schools: Not Real Gunmen, But Federal Terror Drills!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ndAmendmentdefender

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indiana
    In my opinion this kind activity by the federal government is wrong. It is creating fear and hysteria among our schools. I suspect that this generation will develop hoplophobia and willingly surrender their 2nd amendment rights!

Lesson in taking out a crazed gunman: Moment cops ¿shot dead¿ a lone shooter in drill to funded by government | Mail Online

The lesson for up to 100 students and adult teachers at Petersen Alternative Center for Education in Modesto, California, was designed to help prevent a repeat of the Sandy Hook massacre.

Read more: Lesson in taking out a crazed gunman: Moment cops ¿shot dead¿ a lone shooter in drill to funded by government | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Took them 30 minutes in an exercise to get to the fake victims. Imagine how many real victims would be dead or injured in that time. The scenario appears to prove that there is little that can be done to thwart these crimes besides arming staff or having police presence on site that can respond in seconds.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    This is an accident waiting to happen.

Besides terrorizing and traumatizing everyone one involved (I think for political purposes and indoctrination of the "no one should have guns to be able to do that, we were so helpless" mentality) it is just a matter of time before someone who IS armed takes a shot at an unannounced "simulated shooter".

Perhaps that is why they are doing it in schools. They "know" every student and teacher is unarmed, or supposed to be.

Can you imagine what would happen with an active shooter drill at a mall? Movie theater? Public park? 2nd amendment rally? You get the idea.

Having someone unannounced shooting off blanks in a public area is just bad ju ju any way you slice it. To do it in schools for some reason makes me think of simulated executions and psychological responses. Sick, I tell you, sick.

My .02 only

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Gosh... and they thought the "duck and cover" drills of the 50-60's were going to protect you from a nuclear explosion...
    Let the Government sponsored indoctrination of our children begin...(oops... I mean Continue...)

Nothing better than to stage what parents fear most about this, and then distribute it across the country... Well Done Mr. Holder. Your statement from 199X about the need for Brainwashing the American population about Evil Guns is finally coming to fruition...

2ndAmendmentdefender

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indiana
    Gosh... and they thought the "duck and cover" drills of the 50-60's were going to protect you from a nuclear explosion...
    Let the Government sponsored indoctrination of our children begin...(oops... I mean Continue...)

Nothing better than to stage what parents fear most about this, and then distribute it across the country... Well Done Mr. Holder. Your statement from 199X about the need for Brainwashing the American population about Evil Guns is finally coming to fruition...

I remember those drills and also remember the fear associated with the idea of the big A bomb from the communists in Russia killing all of us in school.

This is the same fear tactic, only magnified 1000 times. At least with the bomb drills we were not subjected to the graphics of bloodied bodys and actors in masks shooting up the school.

Imagine with all the government publicity and e-enacting crazed gunmen busting in and killing the students. This is really deplorable to subject students to this kind of BS.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

I remember those drills and also remember the fear associated with the idea of the big A bomb from the communists in Russia killing all of us in school.

Yep.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    The goal is to cause fear and hysteria, then they can come and save us and make us safer.

Look what happened after 9/11...

For years after, you couldnt watch the news on ANY channel without a TERROR WATCH tidbit scrolling across the bottom of the screen.

How much terrorism was going on in the states at that time?....precious little if any.

So either
    1: The government was really protecting us from the terrorists.
    2: Little if any was actually going on, they just wanted us to think it was so they could continue expanding.

I vote for choice 2

So back to the origional topic; The goal is to cause fear and hysteria, then they can come and save us and make us safer.

Thereby excercizing more control over the sheeple.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    This might work against them.

How many will be huddled in their classrooms, teacher and student alike, thinking "This is terrible. If I only had a gun to defend myself with I'd never feel this helpless again"

The Government tends to ignore the Law of Unintended Consequences.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    This is an accident waiting to happen.

Besides terrorizing and traumatizing everyone one involved (I think for political purposes and indoctrination of the "no one should have guns to be able to do that, we were so helpless" mentality) it is just a matter of time before someone who IS armed takes a shot at an unannounced "simulated shooter".

Perhaps that is why they are doing it in schools. They "know" every student and teacher is unarmed, or supposed to be.

Can you imagine what would happen with an active shooter drill at a mall? Movie theater? Public park? 2nd amendment rally? You get the idea.

Having someone unannounced shooting off blanks in a public area is just bad ju ju any way you slice it. To do it in schools for some reason makes me think of simulated executions and psychological responses. Sick, I tell you, sick.

My .02 only

IIRC, a YMCA on the west side (Brownsburg, Avon, Plainfield?) did a mock drill about a year ago. Had someone been armed, it could have ended very badly. Not real bright.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Drills like this do have an effect on children...we lived on a weapons station and had what was called broken arrow drills. You were to go into the closest building and close all the windows and pull all the curtains and blinds. If you were in your car you were to pull over and lock you doors. Children playing outside suppose to just run into the closest building. If you did not the military police would pull you into their cars to wait it out. They did scare my youngest a lot...made her have nightmares. She was 7 or 8 at the time.

2ndAmendmentdefender

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indiana
    Drills like this do have an effect on children...we lived on a weapons station and had what was called broken arrow drills. You were to go into the closest building and close all the windows and pull all the curtains and blinds. If you were in your car you were to pull over and lock you doors. Children playing outside suppose to just run into the closest building. If you did not the military police would pull you into their cars to wait it out. They did scare my youngest a lot...made her have nightmares. She was 7 or 8 at the time.

I agree ...... you would think parents would petition their local school board or whatever to stop the government from terrorizing their children in schools! Or at the very least demand the sshedule and pull the child out of classes the day of the drill!

Top Bottom