• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Anyone remember Fetlas in Valpo? I remember giong in there as a kid and drooling over the firearms. I remember seeing crates of surplus firearms for sale for cheap. I miss that store when I go home. Gary drove the owner out of the business. Same with many other gun shops in the area. I'm shocked that Cabellas and Bass Pro are up there so close to Gary/Chicago area.

They won't go to Indy to ask laws be passed...they'll just file lawsuits that drive the small gun shops out of business. Cabellas and Bass Pro have deep pockets...but it will be sad to see the small guys go.

I have long supported trading northwest Indiana to Chicago in exchange for southern Illinois. Those folks in downstate Illinois have a lot more in common with us than they ever will with the cesspool that is Chicago.

bw8755

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    South Bend
    I would be down for disarming and going to this.

Woah, going into Gary unarmed??? Careful about making those kind of public statements. If UBC passes with all the mental disqualifiers, I believe a statement like that would put you on the wrong side of a NICS check. :D

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I have long supported trading northwest Indiana to Chicago in exchange for southern Illinois. Those folks in downstate Illinois have a lot more in common with us than they ever will with the cesspool that is Chicago.

Agreed. I like this idea. Gary is kinda the @$$hole of indiana same as chicago is for the rest of the country. A merger would be great!

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Woah, going into Gary unarmed??? Careful about making those kind of public statements. If UBC passes with all the mental disqualifiers, I believe a statement like that would put you on the wrong side of a NICS check. :D

Sadly I'm often unarmed in Gary due to my employment. So it would just be another day for me.

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    I think Indiana has crime troubles because we keep getting the Chicago breed low lifes moving to Indiana. I think every time the Lafayette Police have a crime or domestic violence call by some 5th generaltion Chicago welfare trash, the city of Chicago should pay a fine. OK Chicago, we'll keep our guns on this side, you keep the criminals that you breed on your side.

Agreed !

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Think about all those folks in southern Illinois tasting freedom for the first time in decades.

No joke. I showed my buddy that lives there a picture of the holster setup Im going to do in my jeep and first thing he said was "man, if a cop saw that here, you would be tazed immediately." Thats pretty bad when people are saying things like that.

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    I read in an article that 20% of their guns come from Indiana. My thinking is "Only 20%, is that all?" Sounds like our prices are too high. We should be getting more of that market.

Trace the Guns ---- hit refresh on your browser if this doesn't load with the colored state-by-state data

28% of guns used in crimes in IL that were imported from another state come from IN (1020/3643)

~50% of guns used in crimes in IL were imported

so, ~14% of all guns used in crimes in IL are from IN

1 out of every 4 new guns sold in IN will be used in a crime within 2 years ---- hit refresh on your browser if this doesn't load with the colored state-by-state data

Last edited:

davidc912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    South of Indy
    Trace the Guns ---- hit refresh on your browser if this doesn't load with the colored state-by-state data

28% of guns used in crimes in IL that were imported from another state come from IN (1020/3643)

1 out of every 4 new guns sold in IN will be used in a crime within 2 years ---- hit refresh on your browser if this doesn't load with the colored state-by-state data

100% of statistics pulled from MAIG sites are manipulated trash used to support Bloomberg's gun banning agenda. 1 in 4 sold in IN... BS.. B. F'n. S.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville

o crap, i bought four guns, which one do you think is going to rob me?
    :dunno:

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana

99% of all gun crimes in chicago are committed by gang members. Lets fix that first.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Hey! I sure am glad that Gary ain't worth southern Illinoise.

BTW it's MAG not MAIG.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Background checks and register every Chicago and NW IN citizen in preparation of slowly smuggling out the more proper persons. Hire the gang members doing construction on a perimeter wall with towers and turn Chicago and the surrounding disposable acreage into a prison colony.

Last edited:

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Seriously, Chicago blaming Indiana for it's gun crime is like Mexico blaming the US for it's gun crimes.

Top Bottom