• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The only issue so far, going on ~3 years, with my PT-1911 in 9mm is it's now having light primer strike issues.

Not that high end guns do not have issues at that time stamp (some do) but the entry level pieces are made from softer materials in some cases. Its all about rd. count with them. Run them hard and these issues will come up.
    I have had a couple of Taurus 1911's but will not ever buy another. I have had great results with there wheel guns.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Not that high end guns do not have issues at that time stamp (some do) but the entry level pieces are made from softer materials in some cases. Its all about rd. count with them. Run them hard and these issues will come up.
    I have had a couple of Taurus 1911's but will not ever buy another. I have had great results with there wheel guns.

Guess it's time for some parts, but now I find out that PT-1911's are not Mil-Spec. I should have listened, B.O.C.O.

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    The only issue so far, going on ~3 years, with my PT-1911 in 9mm is it's now having light primer strike issues.

Read my post just above yours...on my .45, I had the overtravel adjustment screw set a little too far in. It caused light strikes every now and then. Might be worth looking into if you've played with the trigger any.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Read my post just above yours...on my .45, I had the overtravel adjustment screw set a little too far in. It caused light strikes every now and then. Might be worth looking into if you've played with the trigger any.

Unless he has made adjustments just before the issues I am not sure that is it. Not saying it was not your fix.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

Unless he has made adjustments just before the issues I am not sure that is it. Not saying it was not your fix.

Didn't make any adjustments, but thank you for the suggestion. I just need to bite the bullet and l strip it down to bare metal and see what is what.

Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Bought 2 in 2009, a lightweight and a standard. I did switch out the hammer and sear with Wilson parts. I have put over 4k rounds out of the LW with no problems. I gave the standard to my son and I known he has put more than that thru his. Yeah, the finish on them are a little thin but, that doesn't bother me. I replace the springs about every 1K rounds. Just saying.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Bought 2 in 2009, a lightweight and a standard. I did switch out the hammer and sear with Wilson parts. I have put over 4k rounds out of the LW with no problems. I gave the standard to my son and I known he has put more than that thru his. Yeah, the finish on them are a little thin but, that doesn't bother me. I replace the springs about every 1K rounds. Just saying.

Any issues with the fit? Did you have to do some significant filing to make they fit?

Top Bottom