• ...and so much more!
  • BC9

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Fishers
    I love my Sigma 9mm. After getting fairly comfortable with the trigger as it came from the factory, I did the first half of the trigger mod that Saiga223 posted - I just removed that little pigtail spring - and that made a nice improvement in the pull. It's still long, but a bit lighter. I have my eye on some other guns, but I can't see me ever parting with my Sigma.

Like others have said, shoot the thing & get used to it. You'll be glad you did.

gunsrfun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Had one in 40. shot it well but the recoil and trigger pull made me upgrade to the M&P and it's worth the extra bucks.

BBP30

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Seriously man, the trigger mod is super easy! It takes 15 minutes and you will love the Sigma afterward. It really is a great gun post trigger mod.

Yeah! Checked out the vid, think I am gonna do it! (Never saw the vid prior...just read instructions).

ADT knights

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Hendricks County
    I asked the same question when I had that gun. One person said the reason for the heavy trigger pull was because of a law suite from Glock. Also I was told you could contact S&W and they would reduce the pull for no charge. I eventually traded my sigma 9mm for a XD 40. I'm happier with the XD but to each his own.

Found the post and this is what I was told.
    "The SW40VE and SW9VE are a fantastic value. The triggers are intentionally made to be a heavy 12-pound pull. Most do not know that this was done to the Sigmas as a result of the Glock lawsuit settlement. S&W agreed to make some changes to the Sigma and one of those changes was to make the trigger less Glock-like.

The good news is that even though S&W cannot ship them from the factory with a light trigger, they will lighten the trigger for free if you call up the S&W customer service department. They will issue a shipping call tag, pay 2-way shipping and fix it at no charge to the customer. What a deal!

Have fun with your Sigma."

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    This is DATED INFORMATION. S&W is NOT performing action work on Sigma's any longer!

Found the post and this is what I was told.
    "The SW40VE and SW9VE are a fantastic value. The triggers are intentionally made to be a heavy 12-pound pull. Most do not know that this was done to the Sigmas as a result of the Glock lawsuit settlement. S&W agreed to make some changes to the Sigma and one of those changes was to make the trigger less Glock-like.

The good news is that even though S&W cannot ship them from the factory with a light trigger, they will lighten the trigger for free if you call up the S&W customer service department. They will issue a shipping call tag, pay 2-way shipping and fix it at no charge to the customer. What a deal!

Have fun with your Sigma."

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Seriously man, the trigger mod is super easy! It takes 15 minutes and you will love the Sigma afterward. It really is a great gun post trigger mod.

I had the 9mm and i did a trigger mod (Can't find the how to i used) but it did cut the trigger pull down and did not affect performance (im my case). But it still wasn't a great trigger after, just better. It is a great starter gun b/c of the price and the only real downside is the trigger. A Glock makes a great second gun after the Sigma b/c the Sigma is a Glock clone.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I could be wrong as I often am, but the sigma was the first in a series of pistols from S&W. It had a horrible trigger with two trigger springs. If you removed one of the springs the trigger was a little better, but still bad. Shooting the gun a lot made the trigger better. Then S&W introduced the SD line, which was the sigma redesigned. It was around for a short time and disappeared. Then they brought out the VE (value enhanced) line. It has a 8 lb trigger pull, is long but not as gritty as the old sigma. There is a apex trigger kit for $20 that reduces the pull to 5 lb or so. The VE line is so much better than the older two attempts and well worth the $300 asking price. I have a VE with apex trigger and it is as good as most guns triggers out there in the $300 range. Here is a picture of mine, which has 2,000 rounds thru it:
    SD9.jpg

d30carls

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Cicero, IN
    I have heard can not speak to if it is true that the walther p22 trigger or trigger spring one of the 2 will fit in the sigma series though not giving you the best trigger but not as bad as they already are

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Soooo...we're just going to keep talking and act like this thread wasn't revived from 3 years dead? :dunno:

Ok, then, carry on.

benzkomp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    I actually did the trigger mod to my 40 caliber and it cut the trigger pull in half from around 8 to 10 lbs to 4 to 5 lbs. Here is a link to it on You Tube:

S&W Sigma trigger fix

I did the same to minde, it cut it down in half from 10 to 5 and absolutely love it. The only thing is the trigger was and is still grainy a bit. That's the nature of the gun though, I'm spoiled with my compact Karh trigger though.

Top Bottom