• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Freefall-91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2021
    Northeast Indiana
    The wife and I are getting ready to move to the Terre Haute area. Anyone have some recommendations on some fun things to do, must see sights, and a good church to get plugged into?

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    My grandparents just moved closer to me from TH. They were members of Immanuel Lutheran Church on Poplar for probably 30 years or more.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The square donut place is pretty good. And terre haute brewing.

Aside from that, be prepared to set at stoplights and wait at railroad crossings….a lot.

It took me 20 minutes to go 8 blocks in downtown terre haute on an early Sunday morning with no traffic.

I think John Dillinger said once he would never rob a bank in that town because there was no way he could get away fast enough.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    The square donut place is pretty good.
    oh man I haven’t had square donuts for years! Soooo good! :drool:

Not really Terre Haute but we used to go to Christ Community church in Brazil, we found a church a little closer to home but my sister is still a member. Beyond that, there’s always rural king…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    See, I don’t understand this. Everybody says terre haute stinks but I have never been able to smell anything out of the ordinary :dunno: now indianapolis, yeah there’s some stench there, at least certain areas.
    I don't know if Terre Haute still has the paper mills, but that used to be the major source of stench there.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I don't know if Terre Haute still has the paper mills, but that used to be the major source of stench there.
    I don’t know, I haven’t been anywhere in T.H. Except rural king and boot city for a long time, and now that Avon has a rural king I’ve been even less. I just never noticed any odor, maybe something is wrong with my nose?!?!

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    It has, admittedly, been over a decade since I was there. At that time, I definitely caught wind of what everyone warned me about when I got in the area.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    been a good day off took my dog for a walk. Went to gun store and relaxed by pool and day is not over yet! Dad did call said he was going to walmart I did not take him today. He feeling ok just tired. He made it back home and said he was going to rest today.
    Psst... this isn't the OSUT thread... :stickpoke:

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    been a good day off took my dog for a walk. Went to gun store and relaxed by pool and day is not over yet! Dad did call said he was going to walmart I did not take him today. He feeling ok just tired. He made it back home and said he was going to rest today.
    You must live in Terra Haute.

Top Bottom