Suggestions for a 9mm for concealed carry.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swany11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Picked up a Shield yesterday. Shot it this morning. I don't have a lot of experience shooting 9mm and above, but it felt pretty damn good. Highly recommended.

Ltrain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I just picked up a M&P 9c on Friday and ran 200 rounds through it on Saturday flawlessly. It is an outstanding shooting gun. Highly recommend it!

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Got my Shield 9mm out today for the first time, put 70 rounds through it. I am very pleased with this little gun, it shoots so well for such a small pistol, extremely good option for a small, light carry gun.

ret

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Having tried a few for pocket carry 9's I ended up with a second Kahr PM9. It had a good combination of quality, trigger, reliability and even price. They seem to have a lower resale than some others. IMO - its because they have such a high msrp and or selling price. That being said, as small as it is it is no where near the pocket carry of a P3AT.

jevin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    I just picked up a Walther PPS and like it a lot.
    It's a bit bigger than the Kahrs and Nano, but still light and thin. It might be too big for a pocket, but would go IWB great. I really like that I can get a grip on it with the 7 round mag.

walther.jpg

I love my PPS. I got sick of waiting for a XDs in 9mm. It is a bit hefty for its size but it helps tame the recoil. The, IMHO, useless decocker adds complexity to the mechanics that I could do without. You don't want to do a detail strip on this gun... I shoot it very well, even compared to my full size XDm in 9mm. The rail is something that you don't get with many small single stack 9mms! The best thing about the PPS is the 6, 7, and 8 round mags. The extended mags have superb grip extensions that feel like they melt perfectly into the frame's grip. If the XDs doesn't get a similar array of extended mags I may pass it up in the future.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I'm a fan of Walther but I never warmed up to the PPS. I purchased one new, took it to the range a couple times, and sold it. Probably didn't give it a fair chance. The biggest thing I hated about it was the trigger. It was actually painful to shoot, the trigger safety didn't go all the way flush when pulled and would grind against my finger, and the entire trigger was stiff as a board to start with. Accuracy was terrible with it, probably because I hated the trigger so much I wasn't focusing very well.

I like everything about the M&P Shield better than the PPS, except one thing. The thumb safety. That is the only thing keeping the Shield from being the perfect deep concealment single stack 9mm in my opinion.

9MillSBR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I usually carry my 92.

But for the hot summer months with basketball shorts, waders when river fishing and slimmer t-shirts I IWB my Kel-Tec P11. Just using the belt clip!

I like it, it shoots reliably, (no failures in my first 500 rounds) I can carry up to 15+1 in the chamber and still be lightweight but I find myself carrying the standard size size magazine. Its got a heavy trigger, a long pull but without a safety its a good combo! IMO of course.

stratum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Noble County
    G26, good choice. I'm just happy there are several good options available. For some reason, God decided to make all of us different sizes and shapes.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    Before I go and handle various pistols, I figured I'd ask INGO to help me narrow down my choices. :D I'm looking for a 9mm for CC, either in a pocket or iwb. Also, the lighter the trigger pull, the better.

The only 9mm I've ever handled and shot was an older Glock 17. The grip was too large for me, and since gen 4 Glocks are kinda above my price range (between $400 and $500), I have to rule Glocks out.

You are better to go and find one that fits your hands instead of going by popularity. A Glock works for me. It may not work for you and a Ruger, Smith and Wesson, Beretta, Sig, Springfield XD series may be better suited for you. Take your time and get what is comfortable for you. If it is not comfortable, you will not practice.

Good luck.

Top Bottom