Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

The creeping oppression of the Nannystate will be the undoing of our liberty as much as any tyranny from the top.

Regards,

Doug

PS - Please Lord, prove me wrong!

Last edited:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I think I am going to go find some teenagers that need some cigarettes and buy them some, then I am going to steal some lollipops from babies and blow smoke in their little faces. I mad enough I could kick some kittens and puppies

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think I am going to go find some teenagers that need some cigarettes and buy them some, then I am going to steal some lollipops from babies and blow smoke in their little faces. I mad enough I could kick some kittens and puppies

Now that's mad!

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Looks like even smokers in the survey agreed with a potential ban.

What is the upside of legally protecting one's ability to force another to consume their discarded carcinogens?

I really don't understand this one. No one should be forced to breath the exhaled smoke of some filthy drug user.

-Paul

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    What is the upside of legally protecting one's ability to force another to consume their discarded carcinogens?

I really don't understand this one. No one should be forced to breath the exhaled smoke of some filthy drug user.

-Paul

Now us smokers are filthy drug users? Can't be any worse than that crap spewing forth from the exhaust of our vehicles

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    How are the police to differentiate a cigarette from a sucker, straw, or electronic cigarette? Better pull you over and find out.

How are the police to know if there's a car-seat in the back? Better pull you over and find out.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Now us smokers are filthy drug users? Can't be any worse than that crap spewing forth from the exhaust of our vehicles

Smoking is filthy. Tobacco is a drug.

The "smoke" pouring from the exhaust of the average modern gasoline engine is mostly water vapor and carbon dioxide, with trace amounts of oxides of nitrogen and carbon monoxide. The CO is bad, but to put things in perspective even Diesel exhaust contains ten times less CO than cigarette smoke.

Cigarette smoke produces 10 times more air pollution than diesel car exhaust

-Paul

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Yet another one who does not mind taking away somebody else's freedom's.
    I grew up around cigarette smoke and it never bothered me a bit. Just drive's me crazy when somebody who would join a site in support of gun's and gun right's can be all for the gov't stepping in and taking rights away, just so long as it is not the one's they care about.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    You are right sir. Why don't you try your own experiment? Stand in a closed garage with a smoker chain smoking for 1 hour, Remove the smoker from the garage and start your car and stay in there with it for one hour. I bet your right, the smoker will get you much worse.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yet another one who does not mind taking away somebody else's freedom's.
    I grew up around cigarette smoke and it never bothered me a bit. Just drive's me crazy when somebody who would join a site in support of gun's and gun right's can be all for the gov't stepping in and taking rights away, just so long as it is not the one's they care about.

What "freedom", exactly, is being threatened? The right to poison those in your car?

What about the rights of the child...(or any other passenger for that matter) the one who has no say in the decision to fill the car with toxic waste, and who has no escape from it?

If you forced your child to consume alcohol, cocaine, or any other street drug you would expect to face legal action, would you not?

Why is nicotine any different? Why should it be?

-Paul

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom