• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    This caught my eye in the news article. Either Vermillion County still packs 6-shooters, or Brandyn and Dana don't know a Colt-Walker from a Yeet Cannon.

“They were going through scenarios today about how to deal with a bad guy,” Indiana State Police Sgt. Matt Ames said. According to Ames, that was when the class instructor accidentally discharged his service revolver.

It's an old school term like saying "album" when new music is released.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It's an old school term like saying "album" when new music is released.
    Album as a generic term for group of songs released at the same time no matter what media it is on? I can go with that. I had the classic Bob Seger double live album Live Bullet on 8-Track, cassette, and CD. Also on vinyl :D

Revolver as a generic term for handgun? Unless it has the spinny bullet thingee I can't go there because it ain't a revolver. Can't call a derringer a revolver, or a revolver a Glock as a generic term either.

Now The Beatles album Revolver...

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Negligent discharge should result in no question of liability for damages in this case. Just ask one of those attorneys that advertise regularly on TV. LOL!

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Whatever the circumstances or equipment this is one situation that should “never” happen, and in my opinion is undefendable/indefensible.

jlw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2018
    Georgia
    According to the story it was a revolver. Maybe a S&W Model 19 (a blued gun.)

It’s not an uncommon mistake for reporters (and screen writers) to wrongly refer to any service weapon as a “service revolver”. It’s ignorance, not malice.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It’s not an uncommon mistake for reporters (and screen writers) to wrongly refer to any service weapon as a “service revolver”. It’s ignorance, not malice.
    I know, but if we don't call it out, how will they learn? Additionally, this is the Internet. It's what we do here.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Back on topic. We (as a firearms training community LE or civilian should all do better. Just a couple years ago another tragic mishap in the civilian sector paralyzed a man so it’s both civilian and LE)

But the most troubling thing for me from talking to some close to this is the amount of folks that seem to be brushing this off.

It could have easily resulted in this!

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Back on topic. We (as a firearms training community LE or civilian should all do better. Just a couple years ago another tragic mishap in the civilian sector paralyzed a man so it’s both civilian and LE)

But the most troubling thing for me from talking to some close to this is the amount of folks that seem to be brushing this off.

It could have easily resulted in this!

Yep. Been preaching this along time. Don’t forget, these are so called professional gun owners. In reality, many gun owners are satisfied with what they don’t know. Many are too scared to test their skill set (gun handling) with a complete eval. That requires work and responsibilities.

Top Bottom