• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I bought a small wooded area a couple years back, when scouting it out I found 2 skeletons side by side , they appeared to be small deer, I have never seen two spaced perfectly laying on the same side like that , makes me wonder what and how ?

Obviously a suicide pact between lovers.

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    If anybody lives long enough, they will get to die, and that's a fact. If you were worth something in this life, then somebody that cared about you will maybe put up a monument of some form where you are buried to remember you and mark your last physical location. In this country, these markers are most often stone, and since this has been going on for centuries, it is no surprise that occasionally some singles or groups of burials get lost to the woods and fields due to the sands of time, literally or figuratively.

What if they don’t live long enough? What happens then? :dunno:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I found a really realistic looking fake plastic plant.....Planted.....about 3/4 of a mile into the woods in the middle of nowhere with no trails, signs of civilization, or signs of anything that even come close to that area.

The only way I identified it was because it was a plant I had seen in Georgia, and it doesn't survive up here in the cold weather. So I went and inspected it, went to pluck a leaf, and a wire was sticking out where I plucked the leaf. WTF?????

Who the heck is out there planting realistic looking fake plastic plants in the middle of the woods???

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I found a really realistic looking fake plastic plant.....Planted.....about 3/4 of a mile into the woods in the middle of nowhere with no trails, signs of civilization, or signs of anything that even come close to that area.

I found a plant like that in the woods once. Middle of nowhere. Obviously planted and cared for. Only it was quite real.:cool:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I was deer hunting the corner of my bud's farm. Neighbors small field, in drives a van, white. Like a Chevy Vandura,but with lift bucket (old cable company rig?).
    Up went the bucket, with a guy toting a shotgun. Also had one drunk on the running board, armed. They drove around the outside of that field at least twice.
    Not horrible, but not super flat.
    That poor b*stard up high was swinging back and forth pretty bad, slamming the little bucket too.
    I was hoping they'd hit a rut and tip.
    Nope.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    WTF.....Who is doing that?

To this day, it still weirds me out. I can't for the life of me figure out why or who would do that.

I found a plant like that in the woods once. Middle of nowhere. Obviously planted and cared for. Only it was quite real.:cool:

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    A "unicorn crossing" yellow sign tacked to a tree along the North Country Trail just west of the Miner's Castle visitor center in Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.
    No trail, no campsite, nothing else. Just a sign.
    I waited for a while, but didn't see one.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Found one of those fliers for that missing (presumed dead) girl from Bloomington nailed to a tree.....About a mile into the woods where no trails, roads, or civilization was close.

Gave me the creeps. Watched my back the rest of the night in those woods...

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    I usually just read here from the New Posts. Saw this title a couple days ago and finally last night checked it out. Didn't notice how far back it started when I started, but read through all of it. Very interesting and will subscribe and hope others keep adding to it.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013

I have found the same on my place, but in plural. I normally cut them down, but I have been known years ago to save it for one of my sisters.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Found one of those fliers for that missing (presumed dead) girl from Bloomington nailed to a tree.....About a mile into the woods where no trails, roads, or civilization was close.

Gave me the creeps. Watched my back the rest of the night in those woods...

Did you notify anybody in authority about that incident?

Prints, etc....

-Nate

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    This is a old thread but I will add my story.. Not odd but scared the crap out of me.. My dad and I was coon hunt and I was about 7yrs old we were leaving a woods and came upon a opossum in a field I wanted to sell it "They were worth about a $1.00 back then" so I shot it one time and dad said if you want it you are carrying it back to the truck, so I grabbed it by the tail and we took off shortly after that opossums tail wrapped around my hand and his front feet grabbed my pant leg and I started jumping and screaming trying to get him off me and it did let go and fell to the ground and I shot that thing prob. 10 more times and told my dad I ain't carrying it know more and he laughed so hard and I was mad at him for laughing at me about it.... We left it right there in the field and went on to the truck to continue coon hunting...

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    Ok, so about 30 years ago when I was a little kid, our farm in Oregon backed up to a mountain, or more of a big ridge. It had closed logging roads running along the top and me and my sister used to ride our horse (only had one horse and doubled up) up there all the time. Never saw anyone else, it was really peaceful and private. One day we were riding along, and saw the remains of a big bonfire. We went over to check it out and found wooden crosses made out of logs that were planted in the ground, and possums were hanging on the crosses being crucified. Don't know if it was Satanists, or more likely sick teenagers, but it scared the daylights out of me and I didn't go up there without an adult again for a few years.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    30 years back,my wife,she was maybe 18,me and a uncle took a all day walk through some mountains ginsenging in E.Tenn.We would carry sticks,and tap the ground in the heavy growth,to flush out any sunning snakes.The wife was down the (animal) trail ahead of us. She came running back scared,screaming,being chased at high speed by a 8 ft blacksnake.My uncle looked at her and said "STOP".She did,and so did that snake.It looked around,changed directions,and off it went.I still jab her once in a while.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There

The only way I identified it was because it was a plant I had seen in Georgia, and it doesn't survive up here in the cold weather. So I went and inspected it, went to pluck a leaf, and a wire was sticking out where I plucked the leaf. WTF?????

Who the heck is out there planting realistic looking fake plastic plants in the middle of the woods???

Geocachers! - http://www.geocaching.com/

Top Bottom