• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I can't imagine 13% portfolio gain in a day. congrats!!! I ended up 6.5% or so.

I am adding another 1000 SENS.

if VIX drops to mid 20s I'm going to buy long term calls as a hedge

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    You may want to check this list. NYSE listed 48 stocks that could no longer be sold short today 2/2/2020

Most of the short interest is measured in days.

RAD(Rite Aid)appears to be the largest company on that list(number 150 on fortune 500 largest companies list). Still not sure I would buy it.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    thanks, will check it out. up about 2.5% today. I I nervous we won't get three good days in a row.

I did an Iron Condor on GOOG for earnings, and also PINS. GOOG bounced more than expected. I'm nervous it runs past my position tomorrow.

I did not do the AMZN earnings IC and it literally sat still after earnings. rats.

take 80% of the value of the ATM straddle and that's about the expected move. push it out wider and do a short term IC.

I made $750 in pot stocks today :shady:

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I am making a few changes in the morning.

I am picking up....

TZA
    SPXU
    SQQQ
    SDOW
    EDZ
    and TWM. Those are cheap insurance at the moment.

The way I see the markets at the moment is like an office building.
    I was late getting back from vacation but did notice the burning smell when I got to my office, almost like toner was burning.
    I had quite a bit of work to catch up on. This made me late for lunch and most have already gone out to eat.
    As I leave for lunch I notice the office beside mine is on fire,I think it was the printer. I quickly gather my things and head out. It looks like the fire suppression system is not working as the sprinklers have not kicked on. They may, but I pull the alarm on my way to lunch anyway.

I wonder what the office will look like after lunch.

Someone on INGO made this a while back.

Attachments

• Smokingmantheydidnotbelievedme.jpg
      Smokingmantheydidnotbelievedme.jpg
      73.8 KB · Views: 8
    Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Up .38% on the day,but NASDAQ did close down so I feel good about where I am positioned.

Almost every index worldwide is a strong sell but the Nikkei.

Lunch is almost over.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I finished up 1.98% even with the GOOG-$1300 turd. it retreated back but I had hit my stop limit.

APPS spiked after hours. hoping PINS takes off tomorrow after close. turns out I thought I sold 5 PINS spreads but only did naked puts. whoops. makes me nervous but it should go up. that's where all my buying power went. I need to pay attention :xmad:

ALYI, SPRWF, IDEX were my big gains.

I sold some random crap I had to buy more SENS. one I sold was VTNR around 10:15am and then it spiked. no idea why. I still own 500 but they are in a $2.50 call for 19 Feb

I'm nervous about a down turn coming, I'm planning to be out of AMD soon. I think SENS should be fairly protected from a market crash, I hope

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    bitcoin was made for a purpose. doge was made for a meme
    I just made a tidy 35% return on my bottle cap meme investment, even though I got in late. Could have been a lot more, if I had been paying attention.

Not something I would ordinarily invest in, as I don't have any interest in cryptocurrency. But I knew another pump was coming after seeing the first one and the reaction on social media.

Good thing I stay up late and caught Elon's tweet in real time. Never underestimate the power of a meme.

Good doge.

:)

elon.png

Doge.png

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    he is getting high and tweeting nonsense. .ake your money and get out, find another entry point :):

APPS is up big after earnings. PINS doing well.

some random stock VTNR spiked big. I bought Monday but locked myself into a 2.5 call :(

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I've heard that line about silver in everything for YEARS. also heard the suppliers only mine enough to meet demand, or prices drop. so I bet they can significantly up their production if the price is right, but I'll take some time.
    Almost all silver mined is as a by product of other metal mining. So upping production would takes years if not decades if it is even possible.

The issue with the silver price is that there are so many contracts out on it. Very few buyers of the futures contracts ever stand for delivery. They just use those as hedges.

But if only one or two would, then the market would crumble because the amount of silver available to meet the contract just isn't readily available.

That's where the squeeze would come from. And a mad scramble to find the physical to meet the contract terms.

If the available silver starts finding a home in some redditor's closet, in the SLV or PSLV or anywhere else, that could trigger a rush stand for delivery.

You never want to be last in a run on the bank, and the bullion banks and the CME all know they cannot deliver what doesn't exist.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    SENS is making me smile today. the PINS earnings play was awesome. Unity dropped big but thanks to how the play was setup I'm only down $90. ALYI continues to amaze, as does SPRWF

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    today was just great. I added 2000 more SENS shares. when it's $10 I would have regretted not buying even on an up day.

MLFB did well, ALYI. made some money on in/out of FVRR, CCIV.

I added a unity put spread when it started recovering and am down on that. hopefully it bounces back

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I do not think the democrats are going to get the stimulus package past the way they are trying to.
    It would only take one Democrat in either the house or senate to stop it(unless a rep flips none did today).

I went shorter today on stocks,but offset that wager with higher inflation bets on commodities(which have little to do with US demand).

I was down 3.6% on the day. I will recover that if even one US index does not set a new record Monday.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    What a weird week. I am pleased I ended this week up 10%+ for the week on combined total portfolios. I am up around 32-35% so far this year. I sold most of my ADXS this week, locking in about 400% profit on it, still have 12,500 shares I bought back. Increased my NRZ position but I will be dealing it this week....earnings come out Tuesday morning, they need to update the IPO news and it may pop 20-30%. Still holding ADXS, NRZ, TRVN shares and added TRXC yesterday. TRXC I only bought because someone loaded up on March $8 calls yesterday, a whale swept them all at market price and I do kind of like that robot surgeon they have. NRBO another one I am thinking about buying and selling covered calls on it, just not sure I want a position based on a Covid pill, what if that don't work out?

I have all kinds of options trades going. I plan on repositioning this week. This market will get slow soon I think, maybe even correct. Let em approve this stimulus and look for the pullback. I think we are riding the rumor here, and will sell the news. On top of that we have the sell in May and go away effect coming. I will most likely start selling some put spreads on stocks I am confidant in, and give the spec plays a break. These little pennies wont go up forever, but I did say that about SUNW, FCEL, IBIO and APDN 1000%'s ago.

I am such a Neanderthal trader, I could be wrong about my thinking though....if we start seeing less Covid news, and stuff opens up.....maybe this summer will be a profitable one. Just hard to believe we can keep coming back this strong without a hiccup, all this debt and people still hurting. Best to you all.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    what is the NRZ IPO? you know that stock inside and out

watched this tastytrade video on wide wing iron condors. said take off at 25% profit and move to next tradem 90% win rates. craziness. I have ICs I need to close Monday

Last edited:

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    The real economy is tanking and the stonkmarket is hitting all time highs and things are going crazy.

Does that not make you sit back and wonder WTF is going on with reality?

The supposed representations of ownership in companies that need to make and sell things go up 5%, 10% and more in "value" in a day while savers with "money" in the bank get paid zero for the pleasure.

“Lenin is said to have declared that the best way to destroy the capitalist system was to debauch the currency. By a continuing process of inflation, governments can confiscate, secretly and unobserved, an important part of the wealth of their citizens. By this method they not only confiscate, but they confiscate arbitrarily; and, while the process impoverishes many, it actually enriches some. The sight of this arbitrary rearrangement of riches strikes not only at security but [also] at confidence in the equity of the existing distribution of wealth.

Those to whom the system brings windfalls, beyond their deserts and even beyond their expectations or desires, become "profiteers," who are the object of the hatred of the bourgeoisie, whom the inflationism has impoverished, not less than of the proletariat. As the inflation proceeds and the real value of the currency fluctuates wildly from month to month, all permanent relations between debtors and creditors, which form the ultimate foundation of capitalism, become so utterly disordered as to be almost meaningless; and the process of wealth-getting degenerates into a gamble and a lottery.

Lenin was certainly right. There is no subtler, no surer means of overturning the existing basis of society than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose.” - Keynes​

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    what is the NRZ IPO? you know that stock inside and out

The NewRez IPO is complicated but I will give it a quick shot. Here is a link to the announcement. https://www.newresi.com/news/press-...ew-residential-announces-newrezs-confidential The thing is NRZ is New Residential and they own a part and all of many companies that operate under NRZ, one of which is NewRez Lending. Now if you look at page 5 of this link https://d1io3yog0oux5.cloudfront.ne...pdf/NRZ+Q3'20+Investor+Presentation_Final.pdf you will see what I am going to try to explain. NRZ right now gets a market value on NewRez of like $900M, when it is really worth like $3-4B. The result is NRZ book value is just $11 and change, instead of the $16-19 book value it should be. So to counter this NRZ will IPO NewRez as a stand alone company, but we shareholders will still own it I believe. Is what this will do is force wall street to give NewRez the true PE price of like $3-4B, which in theory should boost NRZ stock $5+ per share. The thing is none of us know how this will work. NRZ CEO recently started a SPAC for a future reit, it is ticker FCAX/U gives you a share and 1/5 of a warrant for a common, maybe this becomes NewRez. Maybe they just give us cash, maybe they give us shares in new company...we just dont know. All we do know is it should add $5-8 to the current book value, and if that happens NRZ shares should increase with book value.

Top Bottom