• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    AMC through the roof. I was up over $500 today on my measly ten shares.
    You ain't seen nothing yet.

Hodl

(As always, not financial advice. I eat crayons and think that put is what you do at a mini golf course)

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    i got smoked by tech crash in march. then put almost everything in SENS.

it's up 118% in 10 days. i also own 360 calls in addition to my shares. i could not be happier.

hoping this is my retirement happening in next few years. when this run is over i exoect a retraction for a few weeks/month until FDA approval of 180-day sensor in August/sept

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Been reading this thread. Does anyone just invest in index funds and stick with an asset allocation they can live with? At some point the end game is how much you can afford to live on with a safe withdrawal rate.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    This month I added more dividend stocks: TWO, OMF, VZ

Also added more PIRS...it's speculative but with good data behind what they are doing. Also has buyout potential from the big boys in biotechnology.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Been reading this thread. Does anyone just invest in index funds and stick with an asset allocation they can live with? At some point the end game is how much you can afford to live on with a safe withdrawal rate.
    I've been in CPOAX for over three years and nearly quadrupled my money

I've been in REMX (metals and rare earth ETF) for about 8 months and doubled my money but I'm starting to get nervous and will probably sell soon

Both of those were minor positions because of the risk, but combined still well into 6 figures now

You don't need to short sell or buy tulip bulbs to make bank

This is not investment advice and I would not recommend buying in to either of those positions at this time

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County

Also added more PIRS...it's speculative but with good data behind what they are doing. Also has buyout potential from the big boys in biotechnology.
    Some greats news on TWO...I'll enjoy my dividends with a nice side of stock price increase!

Two Harbors Investment Corp. (NYSE:TWO) will replace Cardtronics plc (NASD:CATM) in the S&P SmallCap 600 effective prior to the opening of trading on Tuesday, ...

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County

Got a nice 10% jump today on PIRS....it's still somewhat flying under the radar....but this one definitely has breakout potential!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I've been in CPOAX for over three years and nearly quadrupled my money

I've been in REMX (metals and rare earth ETF) for about 8 months and doubled my money but I'm starting to get nervous and will probably sell soon

Both of those were minor positions because of the risk, but combined still well into 6 figures now

You don't need to short sell or buy tulip bulbs to make bank

This is not investment advice and I would not recommend buying in to either of those positions at this time
    i'm also in CPOAX

a friend has 5.6m shares of DPLS at like 0.018 basis. it almost hit a dime this week. he's up almost half a million, then it dropped back to 0.04 before rebounding. what a ride. i may buy a few thousand shares just to play along. interesting tech.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    It ends in tears.....

Lenin is said to have declared that the best way to destroy the capitalist system was to debauch the currency. By a continuing process of inflation, governments can confiscate, secretly and unobserved, an important part of the wealth of their citizens. By this method they not only confiscate, but they confiscate arbitrarily; and while the process impoverishes many, it actually enriches some.

The sight of this arbitrary rearrangement of riches strikes not only at security, but at confidence in the existing distribution of wealth. Those to whom the system brings windfalls, beyond their deserts and even beyond their expectations or desires, become ‘profiteers’, who are the object of the hatred of the bourgeoisie, whom the inflationism has impoverished, not less than of the proletariat.

As the inflation proceeds and the value of the currency fluctuates wildly from month to month, all permanent relations between debtors and creditors, which form the ultimate foundation of capitalism, become so utterly disordered as to be almost meaningless; and the process of wealth-getting degenerates into a gamble and a lottery.

Lenin was certainly right. There is no subtler, no surer means of overturning the existing basis of society than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose.

Hundreds of thousands of rouble notes are being issued daily by our treasury. This is done, not in order to fill the coffers of the State with practically worthless paper, but with the deliberate intention of destroying the value of money as a means of payment. There is no justification for the existence of money in the Bolshevik state, where the necessities of life shall be paid for by work alone.Experience has taught us it is impossible to root out the evils of capitalism merely by confiscation and expropriation, for however ruthlessly such measures may be applied, astute speculators and obstinate survivors of the capitalist classes will always manage to evade them and continue to corrupt the life of the community. The simplest way to exterminate the very spirit of capitalism is therefore to flood the country with notes of a high face-value without financial guarantees of any sort.
    Already even a hundred-rouble note is almost valueless in Russia. Soon even the simplest peasant will realise that it is only a scrap of paper, not worth more than the rags from which it is manufactured. Men will cease to covet and hoard it so soon as they discover it will not buy anything, and the great illusion of the value and power of money, on which the capitalist state is based will have been definitely destroyed.
    This is the real reason why our presses are printing rouble bills day and night, without rest.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I have been slaughtered the last couple of months. Not sure where I go from here. Think market about to get crushed. Selling all my shares this week and running for the hills. Waiting on Bitcoin to get back to $20's. Holding a bunch of NRZ waiting on Caliber closing......may sell shares of it this week and go all in on option calls, Jan 2022 or later. Confused and really need to regroup. It is hard to trade stock while I am working.....lil bummed out on myself.

Top Bottom