• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Fundraising is racing withdrawals. Which will run out first?

Looks like my lunch breaks this week will be bank visits. No harm moving some money to physical, right? Not like they're paying **** for interest anyway.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

"The government’s bank-deposit insurance fund will cover all deposits at the two banks, rather than the standard $250,000. Federal regulators said any losses to the government’s fund would be recovered in a special assessment on banks and that the U.S. taxpayers wouldn’t bear any losses."

F451D71D-55CE-4E8D-8E1C-D2E5641F1E2A.png

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Wonder how my local credit union is doing…
    Well they're all insured by by the NCUA in a similar manner to the FDIC. So, ultimately subject to taxpayer bailout if that fund is exhausted. I'd be surprised to see a true systemic failure of credit unions, simply because of how many there are and how comparatively small they are. Everyone, everywhere probably won't experience enough of a run to bust them.

I'm pulling a couple months expenses out of mine and stashing it for the time being, though. Not because I'm afraid of ultimately losing my money, but because if a big enough cascade and bank run happens to tank my CU, I don't have faith in a very short timeline for accessing my money. Lord knows we've learned over and over again that "forever institutions" can turn out to be fresh paint over nothing but spackle and termite dust.

The smart ones should adapt by jacking up deposit return rates. People like me who parked cash savings in deposit accounts got absolutely rekt by inflation last year. With the Fed rates going way up and even short term CDs netting like 5% it's criminal to keep acting like 0% interest on savings is acceptable. How much of the run is just going to be people trying to stop their cash from bleeding to death in the inflation storm?

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold

Fundraising is racing withdrawals. Which will run out first?

Looks like my lunch breaks this week will be bank visits. No harm moving some money to physical, right? Not like they're paying **** for interest anyway.
    Once things settle down you can always put it back in.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    so I am not going to speculate they were committing fraud.

I believe they are going after the CEO and CFO for....fraud and the company as a whole.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I would probably be worried if I had money in Charles Schwab at the moment.

Charles Schwab (SCHW.N) on Monday reported a 28% decline in average margin balances and a 4% fall in total client assets for February, piling more pressure on the company amid fears over the fallout from Silicon Valley Bank's collapse.

Its shares tumbled as much as 18% before paring losses.....

"Earlier in the day, Citigroup analysts said they do not see a material risk to deposits leaving Charles Schwab given its composition but remain concerned about whether there is sufficient liquidity on hand as client assets shift off balance sheet to other instruments.(or...more likely clients try to pull out funds)."

JP is bailing out loads of banks currently. 70 billion loan to first Republic bank.
    Now,there is something odd about that. Why does a bank with only 212 billion in total assets need a 70 billion dollar loan unless they have already lost 70 billion in depositors money?

• *FIRST REPUBLIC BANK HALTED FOR VOLATILITY, DOWN 65%
    • *PACWEST HALTED FOR VOLATILITY; DROPPED 41% TO LOWEST ON RECORD
    • *REGIONS HALTED FOR VOLATILITY AFTER PARING 31% DROP TO 20%
    • *WESTERN ALLIANCE SINKS A RECORD 76%; HALTED FOR VOLATILITY
    • https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/small-banks-are-crashing
    Remember me pointing out a few days who were the largest shareholders of SVB?

and now for some humor. Because this is hilarious.

Last edited:

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    179   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I would probably be worried if I had money in Charles Schwab at the moment.

Charles Schwab (SCHW.N) on Monday reported a 28% decline in average margin balances and a 4% fall in total client assets for February, piling more pressure on the company amid fears over the fallout from Silicon Valley Bank's collapse.

Its shares tumbled as much as 18% before paring losses.....

"Earlier in the day, Citigroup analysts said they do not see a material risk to deposits leaving Charles Schwab given its composition but remain concerned about whether there is sufficient liquidity on hand as client assets shift off balance sheet to other instruments.(or...more likely clients try to pull out funds)."

JP is bailing out loads of banks currently. 70 billion loan to first Republic bank.
    Now,there is something odd about that. Why does a bank with only 212 billion in total assets need a 70 billion dollar loan unless they have already lost 70 billion in depositors money?

• *FIRST REPUBLIC BANK HALTED FOR VOLATILITY, DOWN 65%
    • *PACWEST HALTED FOR VOLATILITY; DROPPED 41% TO LOWEST ON RECORD
    • *REGIONS HALTED FOR VOLATILITY AFTER PARING 31% DROP TO 20%
    • *WESTERN ALLIANCE SINKS A RECORD 76%; HALTED FOR VOLATILITY
    • https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/small-banks-are-crashing
    Remember me pointing out a few days who were the largest shareholders of SVB?

and now for some humor. Because this is hilarious.

Schwab is just over 7 trillion AUM. If they pop, everyone will know it.

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    And bitcoin isn't a fiat currency? It was literally made up out of thin air. I'd just as soon trust Jack's magic beans.
    You haven’t a clue. May I suggest reading or listening to the book. The bitcoin standard.
    Very educational.
    O and jacks magic beans is what you got in your fiat.

Top Bottom