• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    They have been bad here for the last several years. I start spraying Bifen XTS in late August around the house and barn. Looks like a stinkbug Holocaust around here. I take great enjoyment in killing these nasty critters. Read a ton of Internet forums and info, Bifen will do the job. I reapply every couple weeks through the fall.

Trevelayan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    Putnam Co.
    Theyve absolutely invaded the back side of our house. Seems to be the south side that faces the sun, they're getting in a couple of our windows and doors. I've never seen them this bad. When do they disappear?

hoglegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    NWI
    I had never seen one of them before 2013, but now in NWI it seems they are everywhere... Saw a time lapse map of the "US stink bug invasion" & they have really blown up around the southern tip of Lake Michigan. The hordes (by the 1000's) show up in Oct & get into everything on the house. Hate those ******* things, they smell terrible. If they get inside & you are handy with a self-igniting propane torch, you can kill/stun them before they spray their stench indoors with a quick blast to the head. Works great, just dont burn your house down! Anyone tried the phermone trap thing??

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I have amphibians that will get up on the outside house walls during wet periods and I have dug up a few in the garden. I live in a wetter environment than a lot of houses and have been working hard to drain the swamp so to speak.

I will not use bug spray around the house. I don’t put chemicals on the lawn or yard. I will use seven dust in the garden at times but that is about all.

I just scoop the little ba$tand into a cup and stomp them outside.
    Asian Beatles seem to be more prevalent on the area and they are also pains in the backside.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    We have them way down in southern Indiana also but not as bad as mentioned on here. I do have an army of Praying Mantis here, does anyone know if they eat the stink bugs? When I say an army, I mean an army. Bush hogging my front field the other day and had my bucket down about 8-12" above the ground to keep crap out of the radiator and in a single pass I would have 6-12 Praying Mantis' in the bucket besides seeing some fly off. A 6ft wide bucket in an 8 acre field, do the math...

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Mantises have no real sense of smell - they will eat anything (including each other). Unfortunately most of the mantises we have here are Chinese mantids, and not from here.

Years ago hiking the AT we saw entire sides of the trail shelters covered with these invasive stink bugs. They were everywhere. Between these and gypsy moths and emerald ash borers and the spotted lanternfly, we are heading for invasive exotic insect apocalypse.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We've got them around but not in overabundance (yet). It's possible that our little feathered dinosaurs are keeping the numbers under control. We see them eating toads and mice so these bugs wouldn't be a problem for them.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Spray the house every year in the early fall with Bonide Termite and Carpenter Ant killer. Kills everything. When we have an Asian ladybug invasion the dead make a ring around the house.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I heard somewhere that there are more insects in 1 acre of open meadow then there are human beings on the entire planet. I believe it.

I also know someone who has been feeding stink bugs to his “pet” spider. He named her Charlotte. tbhausen says Charlotte’s farts are going to stink.

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    I'm starting to see quite a few stink bugs at my place. Saw a few last year (and every fall), but there seems to be a bumper crop this year. Anyone else seeing more than normal? I hate the darned things. They always manage to find their way into the house and I end up killing them all winter when I'm out in the family room working (right by our back door).
    I'm starting to see quite a few stink bugs at my place. Saw a few last year (and every fall), but there seems to be a bumper crop this year. Anyone else seeing more than normal? I hate the darned things. They always manage to find their way into the house and I end up killing them all winter when I'm out in the family room working (right by our back door).
    Bad here as well. It seems they have replaced the annoying lady bugs.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You know it's funny, but since starting this thread, I haven't really seen any for awhile. I thought they were just getting started and I'd soon be seeing a lot more (knock wood). I'm not complaining though!

Trevelayan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    Putnam Co.
    You know it's funny, but since starting this thread, I haven't really seen any for awhile. I thought they were just getting started and I'd soon be seeing a lot more (knock wood). I'm not complaining though!

Same here, they were really bad for about 2 weeks but they have dwindled significantly in my area the last week or so.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Look closer...
    no-no-no.gif

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics