• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    To prevent them from entering your home, try sealing gaps and using screens, and use a vacuum for indoor removal to avoid the odor.
    Well crap. So you're telling me I can't leave my doors open and my windows open without the screens all winter? That's gonna be a big adjustment, but maybe I'll give that a try. :thumbsup:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    DD ..... maybe you could turn a nuisance into a profitable side-gig.
    Squish up a bunch of them, add a little peppermint oil, and throw them into those Air Freshener containers that people put in their cars !

With proper marketing (it'll need a catchy name), people buy anything.
    For a name, how about POWER BUG ? :alright:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    So many today. When I opened the door to my car the space between the seal and the door had at least 10.
    I have killed a few in the house already as well.
    Nasty critters.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    I’ve had to deal with them for years now. 2 years ago furnace quit working, opened up the control box and found 13 walking on the circuit board. As it turns out the board was bad I assume from the bugs. I sealed every nook and cranny and haven’t had mice in 8 years now but those stink bugs somehow manage to find way in. I’m thinking of investing in the Bug-a-Salt gun on amazon and some beer to keep me company on the deck while I repel the little bastards.

progelk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2023
    Springfield
    Well crap. So you're telling me I can't leave my doors open and my windows open without the screens all winter? That's gonna be a big adjustment, but maybe I'll give that a try. :thumbsup:
    Yes, it's best to keep doors and windows closed during winter to conserve heat, but you can try it to see if you're comfortable. Good luck!

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    I’ve had to deal with them for years now. 2 years ago furnace quit working, opened up the control box and found 13 walking on the circuit board. As it turns out the board was bad I assume from the bugs. I sealed every nook and cranny and haven’t had mice in 8 years now but those stink bugs somehow manage to find way in. I’m thinking of investing in the Bug-a-Salt gun on amazon and some beer to keep me company on the deck while I repel the little bastards.

Worth every penny. I blast fly, wasps, and any other bug that needs blasting

INP8riot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    West Central
    I had them really bad last year. I went around my house and took all the molding off around the windows and sealed them. I also took all my duct covers off and sealed the drywall to the duct work. Pretty much sealed all entry point gaps. Haven't seen any stink bugs! Just flies. I went up to the attic and the flies in the corners were horrendous! Every rafter corner is black with flies stacked up there!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I had them really bad last year. I went around my house and took all the molding off around the windows and sealed them. I also took all my duct covers off and sealed the drywall to the duct work. Pretty much sealed all entry point gaps. Haven't seen any stink bugs! Just flies. I went up to the attic and the flies in the corners were horrendous! Every rafter corner is black with flies stacked up there!
    We were having our bathroom remodeled, with the workers going in and out of the front door and sometimes leaving it propped open, so I think maybe the two I saw came in that way. Haven't seen any more (knock wood).

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    At my place MOST of them come in through ceiling light fixtures. I am going to rescreen both ends of the attic when it gets a touch warming(and may have to install better screening on the ridge vent). They get in the attic and find a way in at my place I think.

They come at night...mostly.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Guess we know where you hide the dead bodies. :)

Top Bottom