• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Several states are loosening control over raw milk, while the FDA is pushing as always for more federal control.

Texas, Oregon, Minnesota, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and Wisconsin all have pending legislation to legalize raw milk sales, ease restrictions, or "decriminalize" raw milk sales.

That's right, you can get arrested for selling milk in America. :rolleyes:

Several states consider loosening raw milk restrictions as FDA tries to tighten them

Raw Milk Debate Simmers as States, FDA Mull Rules

Raw milk is filled with healthy proteins, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, & probiotics that are beneficial to your health. Pasteurizing milk strips away these benefits. The Feds prefer it if you stick with eating nothing but processed garbage food. A Brief Overview Of The Health Benefits Of Raw Milk

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    The FDA is the first agency I'd dismantle if I had the keys to the kingdom. Despite being a gun owner and gun rights advocate, the BATFE would probably only make the top 10.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Pretty soon the veggies in our gardens can't even cross the fence to be shared with our neighbors.

If the seeds came from any source that ever crossed a state line then the seeds, and their resultant crop, were engaged in interstate trade. If they were involved, at some point in interstate trade, then the liberal view of the "commerce clause" meaning would suggest that the crops can be regulated by congress, the FDA and anyone else that the 'gubmint' officials see fit to regulate those crops.

So yes, if you grow some tomatoes and some peppers and if you try to share them with your neighbors or the local food pantry or your relatives in the next town, then yes you may be regulated.

Now my question is, since tomatoes are not native to Indiana, is there any such thing as a tomato seed that can not be traced (somehow) to interstate trade?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Watch "Food Inc" if you want to see the horrid state of our food supply...all endorsed by the FDA. Raw milk from grass fed cows would be great. No way I would drink raw milk from a "milk factory". Full of antibiotics given to the cows because they are grain fed. Cows don't digest grains well and develop some nasty bacteria as a result. They need the antibiotics to combat the bacteria. There is a fair amount of puss in their milk as well. Did I tell you that I only drink milk from grass fed cattle (Not that I drink much to begin with).

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    If the seeds came from any source that ever crossed a state line then the seeds, and their resultant crop, were engaged in interstate trade. If they were involved, at some point in interstate trade, then the liberal view of the "commerce clause" meaning would suggest that the crops can be regulated by congress, the FDA and anyone else that the 'gubmint' officials see fit to regulate those crops.

So yes, if you grow some tomatoes and some peppers and if you try to share them with your neighbors or the local food pantry or your relatives in the next town, then yes you may be regulated.

Now my question is, since tomatoes are not native to Indiana, is there any such thing as a tomato seed that can not be traced (somehow) to interstate trade?
    The food industry is a hidden juggernaut. They are never seen but they have more influence in our daily lives than the politicians. We spend BILLIONS on subsidizing the farmers...we pay them NOT to grow crops :n00b:. They give them money to grow corn, then they sell the corn for less than what it costs to grow it...wow. Then the FDA pushes corn on us and it is in EVERYTHING we eat. High fructose corn syrup replaced sugar and is worse for us. They feed corn to cattle to fatten them up. We are an obese country because we get stuffed with corn and its products. Ugh. There is no nutritional value to corn for us.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The food industry is a hidden juggernaut. They are never seen but they have more influence in our daily lives than the politicians. We spend BILLIONS on subsidizing the farmers...we pay them NOT to grow crops :n00b:. They give them money to grow corn, then they sell the corn for less than what it costs to grow it...wow. Then the FDA pushes corn on us and it is in EVERYTHING we eat. High fructose corn syrup replaced sugar and is worse for us. They feed corn to cattle to fatten them up. We are an obese country because we get stuffed with corn and its products. Ugh. There is no nutritional value to corn for us.
    :rockwoot: Right on Denny!!

We need to educate the sheep about what they are grazing on.

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    Pasturized Milk & Cheese

I traveled to France last year and was fascinated by the nearly 400 different varieties of cheese. I talked to some of the cheese producers and was surprized to find out that in the country of Louis Pasture French cheese is not made from pasteurized milk, this is a major factor distinguishing the taste of "French" classic cheese from most American produced cheeses. The flavors were so different. The French cheeses that they export to the US they have to pasteurize the raw milk, so we do not get the full flavor or texture of the cheese here. ( they don't want to buy them there, so they send it here )

I found it ironic that the country that developed pasteurization, does not require it on all foods, and they know their foods.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County

The book "Omnivore's Dilemma" is a frank view of how food in this country gets to our table and why the family farm is nearly extinct. I recommend it but caution the reader that it won't make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Omnivores-Dilemma-Natural-History-Meals/dp/1594200823]Amazon.com: The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals (9781594200823): Michael Pollan: Books[/ame]

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    while i enjoy drinking cows milk (every single puss filled ounce of it), the simple fact is that we, as humans, were never intended to drink any milk produced by animals of another species.
    so ladies.............................whip them out and do your part to restore humanity to its natural state! :baby:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    while i enjoy drinking cows milk (every single puss filled ounce of it), the simple fact is that we, as humans, were never intended to drink any milk produced by animals of another species.
    so ladies.............................whip them out and do your part to restore humanity to its natural state! :baby:
    You are right about digesting milk...we are not designed to do that. I drink it only after I workout to help build muscle.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008

There is no requirement that the seeds have to cross state lines in order to be regulated under the interstate commerce clause. Look up the case called Wickard v. Filburn, 317 U.S. 111 (1942). The Supreme Court held that Congress could control a famer's wheat production even though it was grown solely for personal consumption because taken cumulatively, it could have an effect on supply and demand on interstate commerce. This holding was cited by the Court in the case Gonzales v. Raich, 545 U.S. 1 (2005) (holding the federal regulation of marijuana constitutional even though state law permitted its use for medicinal purposes).

The Court needs to return to the Constitution instead of using the doctrine of stare decisis. The country will not change positively until this happens.

Top Bottom