• ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Don't pick the flowers!

I mean, I heard from a friend that it is a real bad idea to announce in a gun shop that you want to send your girlfriend flowers back from Texas. This friend just thanked the deputy and went to Bandera and bought some jewelry instead.

I so wonder what the back story is on this one! Mining the archives of INGO is a little daunting some times...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I so wonder what the back story is on this one! Mining the archives of INGO is a little daunting some times...

School teacher that my friend was seeing.

My friend had a class at TR, maybe 2001, and was in Kerrville at his favorite gun shoppe there (Arrowhead on 27) couple of days before class. My friend's accent does tend to stick out in Texas and the 2 Texas coppers asked him where he was from, then about Indiana hunting and carrying guns and gun laws in Indiana, when the cops discovered that he was a lawyer (they had Indiana confused with Illinois).

My friend made some remark about going out to pick flowers for his school teacher friend. It got real quiet.

You know, like the you know you are in trouble kind of quiet.

"Sir, that's a misdemeanor."

"Really? I'll just get some jewelry then." That's when they told my friend about the American Indian jewelry store in Bandera.:D

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    As to Texas leaving the union....other than zoning laws, I don't see Texas as much of a paradise of liberty.

Such negativity. We also do not have an income tax. But we do have an organized state militia.

The Texas State Guard is one of three components of the Texas Military Forces (TXMF), operating under the command of the Adjutant General of Texas and the Governor as Commander-in-Chief of all state military forces. The TXMF includes the Texas Army National Guard and the Texas Air National Guard.

The mission of the Texas State Guard (TXSG) is to provide mission-ready military forces to assist state and local authorities in times of state emergencies; to conduct homeland security and community service activities under the umbrella of Defense Support to Civil Authorities; and to augment the Texas Army National Guard and Texas Air National Guard as required.
    Headquartered at Camp Mabry in Austin, Texas, the TXSG functions as an organized state militia under the authority of Title 32 of the U.S. Code and Chapter 437 of the Texas Government Code.
    https://www.txsg.state.tx.us/

The TXSG has army, air, maritime, and medical components. As far as I know they do not field armed units, altho there is apparently some weapons training. And I am told the TXSG does not forbid licensed concealed carry while on duty, so that makes them better armed than 99% of the active duty and NG members on duty in CONUS. The TXSG focuses on civil affairs, weather, disaster preparedness, fills in on certain roles with the TX ANG.

The problem with having a State (as in Texas or Indiana) having an armed militia is defining exactly who are they preparing to fight? Probably not going to go over real well to explicitly aim them at the Feds.

While I think that in theory one can legally set up an armed militia, the practical aspects of it will eventually collapse it under its own weight.

A better idea is to infiltrate the schools, the police, the military, the state governments, civil service the Congress, the Judiciary, the Presidency, and the culture in general. You can froth about leftists and statists all you like, but you cannot deny that they worked their butts off to get control of the country. The Left tried the violent and armed route in the late 60s and early 70s; it didn't work and turned people against them, and they went to jail or fled. So they went to work and wormed their way into the schools, the government, etc etc. Took longer than revolution but was much much more effective. Unfortunately conservatives largely tend to shy away from government and schools and non-military civil service, and libetarians....well, let's just say governing and politicing ain't their forte.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Such negativity. We also do not have an income tax. But we do have an organized state militia.

https://www.txsg.state.tx.us/

The TXSG has army, air, maritime, and medical components. As far as I know they do not field armed units, altho there is apparently some weapons training. And I am told the TXSG does not forbid licensed concealed carry while on duty, so that makes them better armed than 99% of the active duty and NG members on duty in CONUS. The TXSG focuses on civil affairs, weather, disaster preparedness, fills in on certain roles with the TX ANG.

The problem with having a State (as in Texas or Indiana) having an armed militia is defining exactly who are they preparing to fight? Probably not going to go over real well to explicitly aim them at the Feds.

While I think that in theory one can legally set up an armed militia, the practical aspects of it will eventually collapse it under its own weight.

A better idea is to infiltrate the schools, the police, the military, the state governments, civil service the Congress, the Judiciary, the Presidency, and the culture in general. You can froth about leftists and statists all you like, but you cannot deny that they worked their butts off to get control of the country. The Left tried the violent and armed route in the late 60s and early 70s; it didn't work and turned people against them, and they went to jail or fled. So they went to work and wormed their way into the schools, the government, etc etc. Took longer than revolution but was much much more effective. Unfortunately conservatives largely tend to shy away from government and schools and non-military civil service, and libetarians....well, let's just say governing and politicing ain't their forte.

When you use the terms, "left," and "right," all you are doing is illustrating how well the divide and conquer tactic worked. IMO

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    School teacher that my friend was seeing.

My friend had a class at TR, maybe 2001, and was in Kerrville at his favorite gun shoppe there (Arrowhead on 27) couple of days before class. My friend's accent does tend to stick out in Texas and the 2 Texas coppers asked him where he was from, then about Indiana hunting and carrying guns and gun laws in Indiana, when the cops discovered that he was a lawyer (they had Indiana confused with Illinois).

My friend made some remark about going out to pick flowers for his school teacher friend. It got real quiet.

You know, like the you know you are in trouble kind of quiet.

"Sir, that's a misdemeanor."

"Really? I'll just get some jewelry then." That's when they told my friend about the American Indian jewelry store in Bandera.:D

Oh yes now I understand. When you said "send flowers" I was thinking like from a florist's shop. Your friend wanted to steal them. Yes it is illegal to take flowers from the public right-of-way. (Taking them from private land probably combines trespassing and theft, and a chance to get shot at by a member of the unorganized militia). TXDOT seeds the highway right of way with flower seeds, flower season is short, and if every durn fool yankee tourist (not to mention the several million Texans) pulled a few to send back to his gal the whole landscape would be denuded. I did the same thing when I first got to Texas, to take some back to my house, but I'm guessing the statute of limitations has run out on that.

I've been to Arrowhead, but that was some years ago. On a completely non-thread related note, you and your friend should visit Nagel's and Dury's gun shops next time you are near San Antonio. Nagel's is older and bigger, but I have found Dury's to be friendlier, and (trying to get back on track) either one would make a suitable armory for the Texas militia.

tlandon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 13, 2014
    USA
    So pretty much what I thought. We have no real, organized state militia to speak of. Just some mumbo, jumbo BS.

I think we should.

I believe if the founding fathers could see what this country has become, they would move.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I think we should.

How many divisions? A navy--a LCS or two? We get an air force, or just a couple of wings? How much will this cost? Out of the 14.4B what will you eliminate to pay for your state militia?

Show your work.

I believe if the founding fathers could see what this country has become, they would move.

How will bankrupting the State of Indiana with a gun metal rich diet help anything?

Indiana buys a platoon or two of M1A2s . . . and . . . profit???

tlandon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 13, 2014
    USA
    As I said originally, lots of details to work out. I know it will never happen. That's why I am glad I will be long dead when this country is finally completely over run with immigrants and the such and the S Hits TF as so many of you arm yourselves for.

And as always, Have Nice Day!

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    We have an "official" state militia, the Indiana Guard Reserve. IGR: Home It is composed of civilians meeting certain requirements. You buy your own uniform. The military gives you some training. Only the Governor of Indiana can call you up for active service, and the militia can only operate within the state of Indiana.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    C'mon Kirk! You know that rational thought just doesn't work here sometimes. Let's just let the militia supporters come up with their own funding plan. Maybe a bake sale!

Oh, and by the way, it's my understanding the phrase "well regulated" meant well trained in the lingo of the time.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    That's why I am glad I will be long dead when this country is finally completely over run with immigrants and the such and the S Hits TF as so many of you arm yourselves for.

Immigrants? You mean like the Kentuckians living in The Swamp on the East Side of Indy? That's why we need LCSs in the Ohio River, to protect us from Kentuckians?

I don't get it. If our concern is immigrants, should we not give Uncle Sam more power and money to stop illegal immigrants and enforce current immigration law?

You'll forgive me but it sounds like you are afraid of the federal government but you want them to have more power and money. I am confused.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Oh, and by the way, it's my understanding the phrase "well regulated" meant well trained in the lingo of the time.

Correct. Trained, disciplined.

Like how one regulates a clock.

Let's just let the militia supporters come up with their own funding plan. Maybe a bake sale!

Marijuana legalization?

Think of the marketing slogans: Dope for drones! Reefer for a Reaper! Fire one up for a Frigate! Jays for JDAMs! 420 for a 240B! B-40s for B-40s!

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    The organized militia in Indiana is the Indiana army national guard, Indiana air national guard, and the Indiana guard reserve.

I would think that they would be the regulated militia since they are all armed and trained to use weapons

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The organized militia in Indiana is the Indiana army national guard, Indiana air national guard, and the Indiana guard reserve.

I would think that they would be the regulated militia since they are all armed and trained to use weapons

The current IN Guard was created out of the structure of the IN Volunteers and does not meet the intent of the State Constitution. The IN Volunteers (militia) should look much more like Switzerland. Our proposal was for a voluntary, unfunded organization that when they completed a set training course would have access to untaxed weapons of a class identified by the IN Adjutant General (not free mind you but a bone none the less). And then the Gov would declare a IN Militia Marksmanship Day and request all good citizens go out and shoot. Maybe sometime in the future ammunition and/or loaner weapons could be provided at designated training sites. It could all be dully noted, recorded, and put on the state records in a I signed in and shot this many rounds sort of way.

The IN Guard is available for federal call up under title 10. They then go away. The IN Guard Reserve is meant to fill their space till they get home. All well and good. The IN Militia is supposed to be there as a last resort for the state. They could even be used by County Sheriffs sort of like Sheriffs Posse's to assist in emergencies. When the founders talked about a militia they were not talking about an organization like the Guard. They were talking about the militia as referred to in the Legal Code of 1648 (The Laws and Liberties of Massachusetts) wherein every family was required to maintain a modern weapon and sufficient ammunition and powder to help in the defense of the community. Each adult male was required to turn out and train on a schedule set by the local administration. Those families too impoverished to afford a weapon were assigned one from the armory.

But I guess this is all just crazy talk.

tlandon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 13, 2014
    USA
    Immigrants? You mean like the Kentuckians living in The Swamp on the East Side of Indy? That's why we need LCSs in the Ohio River, to protect us from Kentuckians?

I don't get it. If our concern is immigrants, should we not give Uncle Sam more power and money to stop illegal immigrants and enforce current immigration law?

You'll forgive me but it sounds like you are afraid of the federal government but you want them to have more power and money. I am confused.

If you dont know what I mean by immigrants then you need to spend more time out of your bunker. Spend some time in Southern Florida. Mainly Miami/Dade County. I did. Lived there for 5 years. You will know what this country is going to be like in the very near future. You will need to learn Spanish and Gang Lingo. They already tried a bill to change the official language there to Spanish. The whole area is a sh**hole and is ever expanding. I am "afraid" the Federal Government is going to continue to take your rights away and continue to run this country into the ground. You are confused my friend.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    also which is why guard can do some of the things they can do at a state level with out martial law they are a state's military under title 32.......armed weapons in etc .... federal troops can't do the same

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If you dont know what I mean by immigrants then you need to spend more time out of your bunker. Spend some time in Southern Florida. Mainly Miami/Dade County. I did. Lived there for 5 years. You will know what this country is going to be like in the very near future. You will need to learn Spanish and Gang Lingo. They already tried a bill to change the official language there to Spanish. The whole area is a sh**hole and is ever expanding. I am "afraid" the Federal Government is going to continue to take your rights away and continue to run this country into the ground. You are confused my friend.

He knows what you mean, trust me. And how is Spanish and Gang lingo in anyway related... especially in S. Florida? Oh, and let's not forget, we're all immigrants. And given your tirade, I'm not exactly sure if you have issue with immigrants in general, or the illegal ones.

Top Bottom