• ...and so much more!
  • GourdOnTheDoor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2022
    Noblesville
    Let me know how you like the AR 7.
    I've been interested in one for a lightweight rifle for small game. I almost bought one, but I had a few people tell me they were not very accurate rifles.
    I'll be mounting a 1-6× illuminated lpvo on it if I get one.
    Had to look up the scope those look sweet but dang that would double the value of the gun haha. My buddy has the AR 7 and he said it has been good for him, no problem hitting 40 yard shots with the stock sights. I will try to remember to let you know once i get my hands on one.

Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    Remington 552 is semi auto, very accurate, and shoots longs and shorts. I like mine a lot but they are hard to find an expensive. My 10/22 has been an awesome rig as well. It doesn't like 25 round mags that much, but the 10 rounders are reliable.

BackFromDC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    I liked my old Ruger 10/22, it was basic and worked. Ended up replacing it with a Winchester Wildcat that was suppressor ready. Wildcats got a cheap feel to them because it's mostly Turkish made plastic, but is not a bad gun, real lightweight. Uses 10/22 mags, and has a bolt hold open feature that's pretty neat. Wildcat factory sights are better unless you get the 10/22s with the top-rail peep sight combo.

I heard the Savage A-series is really good, but I have limited hands on time with them. While handling it, I felt their rotary mags were...okish.

Thompson Center also makes a 10/22 competitor which I was told was top tier.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Vudoo Sinister. According to the description, it is exactly what you want. Price is, umm, well, a lot...

Description​

The Sinister is our ‘cross-over’ rifle that is just as at home small game hunting or plinking as it is at a competition. With less bulk and weight than our Ravage line, we have chosen a select few stocks that meet the quality demands expected here at VGW such as McMillan, Mesa Precision Arms, Boyd’s and more. A truly transitional rifle that does all things well with sub MOA accuracy and an impressive list of options that aren’t optional…they’re standard.

1705523868416.png

or on the other end of the price spectrum. A Tippmann M4. I have a pistol err SBR and its a great platform. I have been around a handful Tippmans and all are good shooters. Nice reliable magazines, too.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Vudoo Sinister. According to the description, it is exactly what you want. Price is, umm, well, a lot...

Description​

The Sinister is our ‘cross-over’ rifle that is just as at home small game hunting or plinking as it is at a competition. With less bulk and weight than our Ravage line, we have chosen a select few stocks that meet the quality demands expected here at VGW such as McMillan, Mesa Precision Arms, Boyd’s and more. A truly transitional rifle that does all things well with sub MOA accuracy and an impressive list of options that aren’t optional…they’re standard.

View attachment 326510

They're bolt-action though, and not semi-auto :dunno:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My father bought a Rossi RS22 semi auto it surprisingly runs very will. It has decent accuracy for a $95 rifle. Dad only shot Winchester white box 22lr in it. At 25yds it definitely was accurate enough to take out a squirrel or rabbit.

GourdOnTheDoor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2022
    Noblesville
    My father bought a Rossi RS22 semi auto it surprisingly runs very will. It has decent accuracy for a $95 rifle. Dad only shot Winchester white box 22lr in it. At 25yds it definitely was accurate enough to take out a squirrel or rabbit.
    Yeah they are so affordable it is a tempting option. What is your opinion of the Ruger 22 Charger? I wasnt really considering a pistol but they appear to be a good crossover and the reviews claim great accuracy as well.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Yeah they are so affordable it is a tempting option. What is your opinion of the Ruger 22 Charger? I wasnt really considering a pistol but they appear to be a good crossover and the reviews claim great accuracy as well.
    I don't own one, however if they function as well as the Carbines it might be the way to go if they win the pistol brace fight. Otherwise to make it useful you'd have to SBR it to be on the good side of .gov/batf

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A Charger?
    Here's what I did with mine.

I shoot it with a cheek weld on the short stock as illustrated by this guy using a Henry Mare's Leg.

I cut down a 10/22 birch stock to the same dimensions of the Mare's Leg. I sent the stock to ATF for evaluation and have a letter from them that it is a pistol.

With the standard Charger stock, you can brace it against your cheek and use a rifle scope. Recoil is no problem.

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    I have a Henry AR 7 and like it. Easy to throw in a backpack and accurate out to about 30 yards. Fun to shoot and not to picky about ammo. For what you appear to be looking to do with a .22 rifle, it would be a good option. But I would still recommend a 10/22 as my 1st choice. Just can't beat them.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    You made me think about getting one…

I’ve had one for several years now and it is just a ton of fun to shoot. Last time I had it at the range, someone gave it a spin. Left the range and went to the gun store and bought one. True story! lol

Highly recommend the platform and the company.

720d0cd8209494ee27eeb1ecc1d5aaff.jpg

GourdOnTheDoor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2022
    Noblesville
    I don't own one, however if they function as well as the Carbines it might be the way to go if they win the pistol brace fight. Otherwise to make it useful you'd have to SBR it to be on the good side of .gov/batf
    I might start with the charger then. I just love that you can throw it in a backpack! Not sure if it would be much of a difference but they have a few different barrel lengths, I think the 10" is a bit cheaper so i might just go with that.

GourdOnTheDoor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2022
    Noblesville
    I’ve had one for several years now and it is just a ton of fun to shoot. Last time I had it at the range, someone gave it a spin. Left the range and went to the gun store and bought one. True story! lol

That is one sweet 22 man! All of these great options is unfortunate because now i just want to go buy 15 guns lolll

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

I have had the M&P 15-22 and now have the H&K (Umarex by Walther). They are both okay, but feel sort of cheap to me.

Top Bottom