• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I was in the Starbucks at 56th & Lafayette Road one afternoon last week and watched a man walk in, get his overpriced cup of whatever, and walk out. Not too unusual in Starbucks, but this guy was wearing a pistol in an OWB holster. I'm pretty sure he was making a statement because his coat was pulled up and away from his weapon. I did not hear a word said by anyone about it, either customer or store employee.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Store employees were instructed by corporate to NOT confront anyone carrying a gun. Period. If they do, they are going against what corporate has instructed them to do. That being said, I don't think that many people give a crap about a holstered firearm.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    When I worked at Best Buy in college we had a similar policy. We were told not to confront anyone with a gun but to inform the manager on duty. Not sure what was supposed to happen after that as I never encountered a customer open carrying out on the sales floor.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    When I worked at Best Buy in college we had a similar policy. We were told not to confront anyone with a gun but to inform the manager on duty. Not sure what was supposed to happen after that as I never encountered a customer open carrying out on the sales floor.

I OC at the Avon Best Buy all the time. Never had an issue, or even a second glance (that I'm aware of).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    There were people that came into the install bay to have speakers, sat. radio, etc. installed who open carried. That never bothered us and we didn't say anything about it, but we did ask them to remove their car gun if they had one. Those are always interesting to find under the seat or in the glove box while running wire.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I don't do Starbucks as much as I used to but still carry there when I do. In the winter, it's mostly CC but if I stay long enough to take my coat off, it's OC. Never heard a word one way or the other about it. Never had in the past either, so it's no surprise to be left in peace today too.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I don't do Starbucks as much as I used to but still carry there when I do. In the winter, it's mostly CC but if I stay long enough to take my coat off, it's OC. Never heard a word one way or the other about it. Never had in the past either, so it's no surprise to be left in peace today too.

Ditto.

ASD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Southside
    I was in the Starbucks at 56th & Lafayette Road one afternoon last week and watched a man walk in, get his overpriced cup of whatever, and walk out. Not too unusual in Starbucks, but this guy was wearing a pistol in an OWB holster. I'm pretty sure he was making a statement because his coat was pulled up and away from his weapon. I did not hear a word said by anyone about it, either customer or store employee.

was it snowing that day? If so it might have been me. Sometimes when I carry at 5 o'clock and get out of the car my sweatshirt or hoodie will ride up and expose the gun

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Only an issue because "radicals" on both sides try to make it one.

I've open carried into the local $tarbucks many times. The ONLY time I was asked about my handgun was when the cashier chatted me up about getting her license to carry.

Mmmmmm Caramel Mocha......

fuddus99

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Lawrence, IN
    I've CC and OC in a number of places including a Starbucks. Definitely didn't get treated any differently. I assume a lot of times when I see someone OC that they're a cop or some type of LEO. Maybe that's what people assume when they see someone OC?

Top Bottom