• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think Deegan is gonna be a big deal. If NASCAR had any brains, they'd find a way to sneak her into an Xfinity seat and or even a NASCAR ride sooner than later.

NASCAR needs something to get them by all that anti-gun, BLM, woke :poop: that lost them nearly all of their fans. Deegan could be the beginning of that.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I think Deegan is gonna be a big deal. If NASCAR had any brains, they'd find a way to sneak her into an Xfinity seat and or even a NASCAR ride sooner than later.

NASCAR needs something to get them by all that anti-gun, BLM, woke :poop: that lost them nearly all of their fans. Deegan could be the beginning of that.
    I would think something would already be in the works. She obviously has talent unlike any female driver ever in NASCAR. She would no doubt be a fan favorite.
    EDIT: She's running the full truck schedule this year.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I would think something would already be in the works. She obviously has talent unlike any female driver ever in NASCAR. She would no doubt be a fan favorite.
    EDIT: She's running the full truck schedule this year.
    She’s on Ford’s development team, so she’ll keep getting pushed. She is part of the nascar diversity push, so her advancement will be part of the “woke” program that gave us Bubba Wallace and Daniel Suarez. In contrast, though, she seems to actually have talent at driving, and could actually be a contender, unlike Crashica Patrick.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    She’s on Ford’s development team, so she’ll keep getting pushed. She is part of the nascar diversity push, so her advancement will be part of the “woke” program that gave us Bubba Wallace and Daniel Suarez. In contrast, though, she seems to actually have talent at driving, and could actually be a contender, unlike Crashica Patrick.

Maybe it's just me wanting it to be different, but the little I have seen of Deegan's content doesn't necessarily point to "woke."

Same with her parents...

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Maybe it's just me wanting it to be different, but the little I have seen of Deegan's content doesn't necessarily point to "woke."

Same with her parents...

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression. I wasn’t trying to imply SHE was…I was just saying nascar ain’t exactly changing their tune, they’re still full on in the diversity hustle. No, she seems to be pretty center to right…actually surprised they’re still pushing her, to be honest.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Sorry if I gave the wrong impression. I wasn’t trying to imply SHE was…I was just saying nascar ain’t exactly changing their tune, they’re still full on in the diversity hustle. No, she seems to be pretty center to right…actually surprised they’re still pushing her, to be honest.
    Well you have to remember NASCAR as on organization or sanctioning body is pushing for diversity and are buying into the wokism BS. However, many individual team owners are still more interested in talent, marketability and results on the track. She has some real talent and she is certainly marketable.
    When it comes to driver's, NASCAR will whore themselves out to cash in and get their piece of the pie as they have rights to driver's images etc.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The anti-gun, BLM, woke BS was all NASCAR bowing to "public pressure" generated by the liberal mob through social media.

Like a lot if other business, NASCAR was scared :poop:less to be branded as racist, nazi supremacists.

I think a lot the lefty crowd behind all of this bullying is not passing the sunshine test after a lot of exposure.

Especially after the scamdemic, (not to mention the stolen election,) NASCAR is waking up to find their fanbase is decimated.

I'm sure there are folks inside of NASCAR seeing this. How can they not?

........................... :soapbox:

To circle back, Tony Stewart is a racing genius and has effectively navigated the woke waters thus far.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    You hit the nail on the head. NASCAR has their drive to diversity program, as far back as Juan Pablo Montoya, they realized he didn’t bring any attention and went to Danica, they found out she sucked and didn’t bring enough eyes so went to bubba. Now they’re realizing he sucks and now that the BLM bs has blown over they’re left with the mess they created. Their fan base was overwhelmingly conservative, and they pushed them away in hopes of gaining population filled city areas to boost their ratings... now they have neither. Deegan is being pushed because she has conservative roots, and she’s a female... this is nascars chance to give fans a conservative to pull for and draw them back in. They were leaving long before the wokeness started tho, that just put the nail in the coffin. The stage racing, the playoffs, the next gen cars, etc. it’s not even racing anymore. Clint bowyer has a good interview on dale jr download about it.

She is a badass tho. She’s very well kept, well mannered, and a hell of a driver for being 19(?) years old.

I think tony and ray saw an opportunity to give race fans a series that focuses on racing, and not the cookie cutter bs that nascar has filled the show with. Even Richard petty said it’s a show now days, no longer a race. I see SRX becoming a weekly event after the success they’ve had this year.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    the cookie cutter bs
    To be fair, SRX is more like IROC in that the cars are supposed to be cookie cutter. But, they are all prepared by the same group, so no “rich” teams vs. “poor” teams in it. Stewart seems to know what is missing from the “new“ NASCAR and is trying his darndest to give it to the old time fans. Kind of looking forward to Bill vs Chase this weekend.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    The anti-gun, BLM, woke BS was all NASCAR bowing to "public pressure" generated by the liberal mob through social media.

Like a lot if other business, NASCAR was scared :poop:less to be branded as racist, nazi supremacists.

I think a lot the lefty crowd behind all of this bullying is not passing the sunshine test after a lot of exposure.

Especially after the scamdemic, (not to mention the stolen election,) NASCAR is waking up to find their fanbase is decimated.

I'm sure there are folks inside of NASCAR seeing this. How can they not?

........................... :soapbox:

To circle back, Tony Stewart is a racing genius and has effectively navigated the woke waters thus far.
    Kind of proves the saying going around the last few years…”get woke, go broke”. I haven’t watched a race since noosegate…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Kind of proves the saying going around the last few years…”get woke, go broke”. I haven’t watched a race since noosegate…
    You know, I really haven't either, but I hadn't really thought of it. Guess I just lost interest. I remember looking forward to Saturday and Sunday for races. Now I've not even missed it. And it's nothing I did out of protest or whatever. I just lost interest.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I watched a little of the Bristol dirt. Pretty much the last stage and that was it.
    I used to love to watch the NASCAR Bristol races before they "fixed" the track. Once they did that, they took away all the excitement of "rubbin' and racin'". That was the beginning of the end for me I think. And that was before all the SJW crap.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I used to love to watch the NASCAR Bristol races before they "fixed" the track. Once they did that, they took away all the excitement of "rubbin' and racin'". That was the beginning of the end for me I think. And that was before all the SJW crap.
    Exactly. Even before the bs the past year, I wasn’t watching every weekend like I used to. If I was camping I had a radio to listen. When they brought the stage racing I kinda lost interest. Even before then it was getting boring, but that killed the racing. I still like to see where a few guys finished, but I don’t care to spend 3 hours watching anymore.

Top Bottom