• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    What do you "knife people" think of the Endura 4?

I had a bid on one in eBay but the guy never sent it or refunded my money so I had to file a claim in the resolution center. Got my money back today so now I'm looking again.

The one I bid on had the Emerson Opener and the combination blade. According to their 2010 catalog it looks like if you want the Emerson Opener you have to buy the plain blade.

What do you guys think? This will be an everyday knife taking the place of my Benchmade.

I'm not committed to Spyderco or the Emerson Opener, if there is something better for the same price what it is...

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    So how about the "wave" or Emerson Opener? Anyone have any experience with these? Is it worth getting or just the plain Endura 4?

I currently have a combo blade on my Benchmade and like it pretty well. I wonder why it isn't offered this year on the Endura with the Emerson Opener, it was last year???

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    So how about the "wave" or Emerson Opener? Anyone have any experience with these? Is it worth getting or just the plain Endura 4?

I currently have a combo blade on my Benchmade and like it pretty well. I wonder why it isn't offered this year on the Endura with the Emerson Opener, it was last year???

Just a note: The rumor I have heard is the Endura 4 with the "wave" will soon be a discontinued model. Makes no sense to me as to why, because the Endura 4 w/ "Wave" is a popular knife. :dunno:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I'm an outspoken plain edge advocate and have the proof and done the demos to support my stance so go plain edge. as far as wave or no wave? it's a personal thing IMO there is no real advantage other than convenience.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Just a note: The rumor I have heard is the Endura 4 with the "wave" will soon be a discontinued model. Makes no sense to me as to why, because the Endura 4 w/ "Wave" is a popular knife. :dunno:

the nice thing is if that happens there are knife makers who are "licensed" to wave knives. so you can always have it done even if they discontinue that model.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Well...mine isn't the "Emerson" but then I did the mod it well before Emerson starting making the 'Wave" knives..lol. I like mine and have been using it on and off for 20+ years.

wavedspyderco.jpg

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    The Endura is hugely popular for many reasons. It is a great knife fro carry and defensive work and uses great steel. Get one and on second thought egt two or three. They will all serve you well.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Huge +1 for the Endura 4 with the wave on it!

I have been carrying mine as a combat knife for close to 3 years. I would not hesitate to get another Endura 4 with a wave. The only type of knives that deploy faster are fixed blades. It takes just a little bit of practice to become comfortable with the wave feature. I have yet to find a better folder for a combat type application were speed of deployment is factored in.

The only thing I would really like to try one that has been flat ground.

P.S. I have yet to break the original one I purchased. Not even the tip on it.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    I ordered one off eBay last night. This one is the plain edge Endura with the Emerson "wave". Hopefully this seller will actually ship this one.

Thanks for all the advice and comments.

ZgGlock88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Indyish
    i love my endura 4 i was lucky enough to get one of the white sprint run ones i also have a blue, green, brown, and grey ffg endura 4 on their way cant wait to try them out

Top Bottom