Springfield XD-E 45...Anyone own or fondled one?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    First off, I know, BOO! HISS! Springfield, but now that that's said.....I've been trying to locate a LGS with one in stock so I can get a feel of it, but no luck so far. Any input on the 'stola or one's last known location?

quangtran1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 18, 2017
    Indiana
    Bought one at Rural King yesterday. Love it, love it, love it. I have the XDE 9, but finally got the 45. I own several da/sa CZs, Sigs, but these XDEs are my firsts that the safety also serves as a decocker. I'm a little guy but I happen to enjoy shooting .45 more than anything. I noticed the XDE 45 racks a bit heavier than the 9 although both have Springfield's Low Effort Slide system. Double action is heavy but very smooth. It travels about a good inch, then breaks without a hard wall. Sights are OK, nothing to write home about. My eyes aren't the best, I'll install a larger fiber optic front sight. As far as rear sights, as with all my handguns, I black them out with black nail polish, then paint a large white dot in the middle to simulate the dot-the-I system. For me, that's simply the fastest way to get on targets.
    ---
    My favorite gun is the next one.
    39cc4994dc352e767d29e16cdb483a07.jpg

Last edited:

quangtran1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 18, 2017
    Indiana
    Care to elaborate and enlighten those of us who don't know what you are referencing?
    People don't buy arms from certain companies for various beliefs and moral convictions.

SA: They backed a gun bill in IL in 2017 that would have implemented new gun control measures. The proposed bill also limited the ability to purchase firearms only from big box stores. Immediately the following day, SA reversed course though. Thus, the mistrust understandably started.

S&W: Similar circumstances several years back.

Kahr: People don't buy from them simply because the company is run by the Moon family. The elder Moon founded the Unification Church, which many consider a cult. So there are religious beliefs there going against Kahr.

Tri -Star/Canik: Many folks do not support anything made by Turkey to express their anti-terrorist opposition.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    People don't buy arms from certain companies for various beliefs and moral convictions.

SA: They backed a gun bill in IL in 2017 that would have implemented new gun control measures. The proposed bill also limited the ability to purchase firearms only from big box stores. Immediately the following day, SA reversed course though. Thus, the mistrust understandably started.

S&W: Similar circumstances several years back.

Kahr: People don't buy from them simply because the company is run by the Moon family. The elder Moon founded the Unification Church, which many consider a cult. So there are religious beliefs there going against Kahr.

Tri -Star/Canik: Many folks do not support anything made by Turkey to express their anti-terrorist opposition.

Gotcha. I knew about S&W and Kahr but hadn't heard about SA's deal.
    Ok carry on all

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Can't buy from Dick's Sporting Goods, Gander Outdoor is a no go with the new owner, can't watch movies unless the actors are pro-gun. It's very complicated.

The NRA used to have a list....

Back to the topic, I don't own and it wouldn't replace my Shields but I've like the general characteristics of -E's. Hammers! :rockwoot:

Rbooher7526

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    Indianapolis
    First off, I know, BOO! HISS! Springfield, but now that that's said.....I've been trying to locate a LGS with one in stock so I can get a feel of it, but no luck so far. Any input on the 'stola or one's last known location?
    I have the 9mm. Swapped a Ruger sr9c stainless for it. I love it. Turned into my EDC. Look on RKguns. At one time they had them on the website. I never did see one in the store.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Dont have or held the 45 Xde but love the 9mm. I too changed out to the 9mm XDe for EDC. As soon as you say Springfield, the haters come out of the woodwork. I didn't like it either but the XDe is solid. Yes, I had to hold my nose when I ordered it. Fit and finish is very nice. It is the single stack 9mm SA/DA decocker that HK should have made. IMO.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Rural King is probably the best place to get your hands on one locally. Gun shops may or may not have one in stock. While I like the idea of the XDE, I ran into the same problem as the Shield, XDS, etc. My hands are so big that I hate the feel of how tiny the compact single stacks feel in them.

Rbooher7526

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Rural King is probably the best place to get your hands on one locally. Gun shops may or may not have one in stock. While I like the idea of the XDE, I ran into the same problem as the Shield, XDS, etc. My hands are so big that I hate the feel of how tiny the compact single stacks feel in them.
    Most single stacks feel scrawny in big hands. I've added Talon grips to both mine. They feel a lot better.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom