• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I just got my tax stamp back on my Sig MPX (8" barrel) and am about a month or so away from getting my stamp in on a Revolution 9 supressor. This SBR is going to be my most expensive rifle when it is all said and done. Therefore, I am going to splurge on a great optic for it.

I am primarily going to use this gun for HD and "tactical" practice out on my range. Definitely looking for a red dot type sight (not a scope). I run Bushnell TRS-25's on all my AR SBRs and have had great luck with them. But for this gun I want to go higher end.

So....what brands should I be considering? Aimpoint? Eotech? I know nothing about the models in these brands so any suggestions would be appreciated.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Aimpoint seems to lead the way, but the new(ish) Trijicon M.R.O. could be another solid option. I like the Vortex Venom & Burris FastFire III for their size & utility, but I don't put them in the same class as the Aimpoints. If you like a compact unit, though, the Trijicon RMR may be another solid option.

With the shorter battery life & new(er) reports re: temperature sentitivity, EOTechs have moved way down my list. They may still be a great option for your needs, but ...

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    The trijicon MRO seems interesting. Their sights are typically top notch. I loved my ACOG. If nothing else, it may drive down the cost of used aimpoints.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Though not a popular option, I love my TA-44 ACOG. It's a 1.5x magnification optic. It's pretty much a red dot with a little more clarity. I prefer etched reticles and prefer a battery-free optic. The TA44/TA45 fits both criteria. It is almost as small and light as an Aimpoint T1. After having one, I don't think there's a better replacement for it. And yes, I've owned the T1, SRS, and ther red dot type optics.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I have an Eotech xps2 on my MPX. Had an Aimpoint CompM2 on it at first but it seemed.....disproportionate.

I'd eventually like to stick an MRO or other compact optic on it, but at the moment the XPS2 is working fine.

I thought about trying my TA44 as well but it seems more at home on an AR.

I also tried my Trijicon RX01 on it but it was way too disproportionate

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    If you want to stick with the same size optic, the Aimpoint T-1, T-2, or Trijicon MRO would fit the bill. The T-1 would be around $700 and the T-2 is around $800, give or take $50. The MRO is said to be around $530 with a standard mount. The noticeable differences between the T-1 and T-2 are the flip-up lens covers and more robust housing of the T-2.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    If you want to stick with the same size optic, the Aimpoint T-1, T-2, or Trijicon MRO would fit the bill. The T-1 would be around $700 and the T-2 is around $800, give or take $50. The MRO is said to be around $530 with a standard mount. The noticeable differences between the T-1 and T-2 are the flip-up lens covers and more robust housing of the T-2.

You can find the T1 for less than $600 (Arms Unlimited), the T2 for $625 shipped (Arms Unlimited), and you can get the MRO with an American Defense mount for under $500 shipped (Botach).

Top Bottom