Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I doubt there are many that have any real interest in changing things
    Republicans? Agreed. The democrats have consistently pushed the evelope for decades. Except for gun rights in red states, has there been anything the left hasn’t won on since the 20 years?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe it's too late for the Senate. But I think we need to pound our representatives with complaints and demands. They better not vote for this **** if they want a political future. Find people to primary these ********ers. No more. Done.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    In all fairness,there does need to be a little bit of reality applied to the situation.

Speaker Johnson had little time to work through 12 actual Bills. That was realistically never going to happen in the time left. If he simply allows the government to be shut down, the left is the winner of a propaganda windfall.

Short CR's to keep things nominally running until real budgets can be negotiated are I believe a reasonable outcome.

His actual performance will be in what those negotiated budgets actually look like, and next year's Bills. If They resemble the CR's then nothing was gained by changing speakers. If they begin to pull back then something was gained

This is much Like the hand ringing regarding his comment on the Biden Impeachment. Frankly what good would it do? There are not enough votes in the Senate to convict.

Half a dozen Ukrainians could stand on the senate floor with their hands-on a Bible swearing that Biden personally picked up a multimillion-dollar check for very specific quid pro quo and you couldn't get a conviction in the senate.

This nation doesn't need another dog and pony show for a media which doesn't care.

What we need are actual empowered special prosecutors, Charges of treason, corruption, convictions, and executions. I'll get excited when they ask me to donate wood for the gallows to hang those who sold out the United States of America by committing treason, bribery, and violating the enumerated rights of it's citizens.

Impeachment Is a political tool. There is more than enough public evidence of criminal behavior to cuff and stuff a bunch of this administration for criminal activity. That is where the effort needs to go.
    I agree with everything you said, however with the two tiered justice system and I believe that the 535 presidents in waiting have dirt on them held by somebody else it will be a zero sum gain. I have lost all faith in good men. We are living in a Banana republic. I fully believe we will look like Venezuela before the dust settles. There are too many overlapping alphabet agencies that will never expose the bad deeds of the miscreants in Washington.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    Maybe it's too late for the Senate. But I think we need to pound our representatives with complaints and demands. They better not vote for this **** if they want a political future. Find people to primary these ********ers. No more. Done.

Hell yes, I’m on board. I’m not a very connected guy so to speak but I do know a few elected officials in my county. I have reached out to the two that I thought might be good candidates for higher office and they want no part of it. Also, if the R’s in charge don’t think they are electable or don’t fit the mold they don’t get any funding. I’m feeling like somebody is screwed here and I hope it’s not us.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    If you are in congressional House district 5 vote for Charles Bookwalter in the primary. Representative Baird is, to be charitable, weak on governance in accordance with the Constitution.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Hell yes, I’m on board. I’m not a very connected guy so to speak but I do know a few elected officials in my county. I have reached out to the two that I thought might be good candidates for higher office and they want no part of it. Also, if the R’s in charge don’t think they are electable or don’t fit the mold they don’t get any funding. I’m feeling like somebody is screwed here and I hope it’s not us.
    Look into getting onto your counties Republican precinct committee. In many areas that committee is the gateway to ever getting on about. If you want to sway the Republican party toward constitutionalism, and constitutionalist candidates, having the precinct committees loaded with those who will only vote for constitutionalist potential candidates is where it will start.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Just another McCarthy but with Bible verses as @GodFearinGunTotin said.
    It’s uncertain if he started out that way. Maybe he was lured in by money. Maybe he was threatened. Maybe he was never in it for the sake of America. Maybe the reason he got the votes to become speaker, the chamber-o-commerce/neocons knew something no one else did. Or maybe even the so called “freedom caucus” is a farce and in on the whole thing. A distraction.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

He should be swiftly kicked to the curb as a reminder to the next guy that we aren't going to put up with this uniparty ******** anymore.

If it takes going through every last politician in this country to find a speaker who won't bend over for a check, then that's what's necessary.

I called him a snake on day one, anyone posturing with their religion that heavily is obvious.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    What was Johnson supposed to do? Republicans need to be VERY united with a tight majority. The House and Senate and WH must agree. It’s not a unilateral solution. Curious how you get an all or nothing solution with one edge of the triangle.

Top Bottom