• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Soon processed foods will contain human DNA, giving your fake food a gelled, fleshy consistency. OM NOM NOM

Human gelatin to be used in snacks
    Gelatin is regularly used a gelling agent by the food industry, often in sweets. However, researchers claim the human-derived gelatin "could become a substitute for some of the 300,000 tons of animal-based gelatin produced annually for desserts, marshmallows, candy and innumerable other products".

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    OK, that is interesting and all, but WHY? Is it more nutritious? Less chance of developing an allergy? Seems like an awful lot of work to go through to replace something that is working fine (a solution needing a problem?).

Does it taste like chicken?

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    OK, that is interesting and all, but WHY? Is it more nutritious? Less chance of developing an allergy? Seems like an awful lot of work to go through to replace something that is working fine (a solution needing a problem?).

Does it taste like chicken?

If I had to guess, it comes down to the same 2 reasons that have influenced the food industry over the past 4 decades.

Cost and ease of production.

Cost being the biggest one. Generally what is cheaper and easier to produce is what the mass producers gravitate towards.

10-1 they lobby against labeling.

One of the few things I think the government should be involved in is "truth in advertising/labeling". Of course that can always be covered under fraud laws anyway, but I think my point is clear enough.

Transparency.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    If I had to guess, it comes down to the same 2 reasons that have influenced the food industry over the past 4 decades.

Cost and ease of production.

Cost being the biggest one. Generally what is cheaper and easier to produce is what the mass producers gravitate towards.

10-1 they lobby against labeling.

One of the few things I think the government should be involved in is "truth in advertising/labeling". Of course that can always be covered under fraud laws anyway, but I think my point is clear enough.

Transparency.
    Sure, it's WAY cheaper to grow the crap in a barrel opposed to on a farm.....

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    There's always room for Jell-O

4338767_bcf94f369b.jpg

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Sure, it's WAY cheaper to grow the crap in a barrel opposed to on a farm.....
    So why not just use the jello-genes we already have? Seems like a huge waste of resources to set all this up, when we already have tons (literally) of great jello sources.

I understand it should taste like pork.
    So, they used cops and politicians for their genes?
    :joke:

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The movie was great. Charelston Heston, was it not? I personally liked the Soylent red (more taste).
    Yes It was Heston. But can you name the famous character actor the made his last apperance in that film? I'll give a hint if no one get's it by tomorrow. And the only prize I can afford is a rep!

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Yes It was Heston. But can you name the famous character actor the made his last apperance in that film? I'll give a hint if no one get's it by tomorrow. And the only prize I can afford is a rep!

Was beat to the punch. I wouldn't mind trying to get a copy of the movie if it still exists.

Top Bottom