• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    I was having a conversation with a young man today and we got talking about guns.

I should him my 9mm and he mentioned that he had a 22lr Derringer in his truck.

I remembered something he had said earlier in the conversation. I asked him.

"Do you have your LTCH" To which he replied "NO"

"But I don't need one if it is locked and unloaded in my trunk." As I looked at his TRUCK I was trying to tell him he was not correct. He then went and took his LOADED Derringer out of the side panel in his DOOR.

I asked him why if he believed you could carry an unloaded handgun, in the trunk of his car, why he was carrying a loaded handgun in the side panel of his truck?

We said it would be okay because he was in the National Guard and that he was getting deployed soon.

While I was rubbing my temples from the throbbing that was starting I asked him how much trouble he would also get in, if he was pulled over abd charges and could not make his deployment because of a pending court case for illegally carrying a handgun.

He said he wasn't sure but that his Major was a @##@! and then said maybe I should get one, but usually I don't have the money.

"You don't have $40? How much do you think bail and a lawyer will cost you?"

He then said 'Maybe I should get my LTCH."

YA THINK!?:soapbox:

chayne02

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    If he is in the military does he have another option for a license to carry? Like a military issued license. I just kinda always thought since they have been given the training and are issued firearms, that they would automatically be granted that right. There is a military ID card, correct?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    IC 35-47-2-2
    Excepted persons
    <snip>
    (6) members of the armed forces of the United States or of the national guard or organized reserves while they are on duty;
    <snip

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    If he is in the military does he have another option for a license to carry? Like a military issued license. I just kinda always thought since they have been given the training and are issued firearms, that they would automatically be granted that right. There is a military ID card, correct?

This only applies when performing an official duty. VERY few military personal, except while deployed, get to carry a .gov issued firearm and even fewer get to carry it off base. For the most part, any carry permit/LTCH is on them to obtain from the state they are currently in. Some states allow military personnel waivers around citizenship length requirement and sometimes training.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    This only applies when performing an official duty. VERY few military personal, except while deployed, get to carry a .gov issued firearm and even fewer get to carry it off base. For the most part, any carry permit/LTCH is on them to obtain from the state they are currently in. Some states allow military personnel waivers around citizenship length requirement and sometimes training.

Yup, and Uncle Sam ain't issuing any .22lr derringers either... except maybe to Top Secret High Speed Tuxedo Wearing Delta Green Beret Ranger Seals. Sounds like the guy in the OP's story just didn't know his stuff, and he knew he didn't know his stuff so he was deflecting and back pedaling hoping the OP didn't know his stuff. I hate that our culture has created so many people with such small self esteems that they can never admit that they are wrong, or ignorant on any subject. :dunno: oh well, by the way don't you love the fact that a chuckle head like that will be given a military weapon sent over seas and be required to memorize and carry out proper rules of engagement and have a basic understanding of the geneva convention.... dude can't even figure out how to carry his weapon properly in his own country... :n00b:

Top Bottom