Some guy put Andy's gun down his pants against his twigs & berries!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    RR does not participate in SS. I'm good friends with a former RR guy who got out pronto through an injury but he won't discuss it. Think there is a non disclosure clause involved and it was in IL so....

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Reviewing the thread now but can't find... did the 1911 end up in good hands or did it get stuffed into some drawers somewhere? :):

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Reviewing the thread now but can't find... did the 1911 end up in good hands or did it get stuffed into some drawers somewhere? :):
    Short answer; it sounds like he has had to sell everything he has, including plasma when he can, just to survive. I have no idea of where the gun is now, but I see what you did there :D.

The long answer, just a general thought (to all not just to Hop)...
    Have you ever really wondered how far away you are from finding yourself in a situation like this? How many bad decisions away from losing everything that surrounds you now are you? All the guns, all the walls, all the warm air? It's not that many bad decisions, many of which we do not have any control over, away. I can't imagine having to get rid of all my stuff (I have a lot of stuff!) just to try to survive. But I probably only think I'm in control. I hesitate to even bring this up because I don't want bring shame to anyone, the reason I think its worth talking about is to ask ourselves, if this guy is not a brother in need, then who is? If this is not someone to reach out to and help, then when would you? Again, not trying to bring shame to the op, or point fingers to any of us here now, or coerce people into giving to a stranger, but, while I am new around here, I have just felt like this guy was my brother since I read his story and I should reach out and help. Sometimes I catch myself thinking I have it made, (or, more correctly, I have made it) and then been hit with the realization that no one is really that far from falling into despair. I guess it just broke my heart a little when I read on his gofundme that it was a disappointment when he woke up some mornings and realized he was still here.
    Thinking and praying for you Andy.

Apologies if this is inappropriate here, or too sappy, or whatever. Mods, do what you will.
    Edit to explain I understand that the debilitating disease he has was in no way a 'decision' just a factor in life that could hit anyone.

Last edited:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Short answer; it sounds like he has had to sell everything he has, including plasma when he can, just to survive. I have no idea of where the gun is now, but I see what you did there :D.

Have you ever really wondered how far away you are from finding yourself in a situation like this? How many bad decisions away from losing everything that surrounds you now are you? All the guns, all the walls, all the warm air? It's not that many bad decisions, many of which we do not have any control over, away. I can't imagine having to get rid of all my stuff (I have a lot of stuff!) just to try to survive. But I probably only think I'm in control. I hesitate to even bring this up because I don't want bring shame to anyone, the reason I think its worth talking about is to ask ourselves, if this guy is not a brother in need, then who is? If this is not someone to reach out to and help, then when would you? Again, not trying to bring shame to the op, or point fingers to any of us here now, or coerce people into giving to a stranger, but, while I am new around here, I have just felt like this guy was my brother since I read his story and I should reach out and help. Sometimes I catch myself thinking I have it made, (or, more correctly, I have made it) and then been hit with the realization that no one is really that far from falling into despair. I guess it just broke my heart a little when I read on his gofundme that it was a disappointment when he woke up some mornings and realized he was still here.

Apologies if this is inappropriate here, or too sappy, or whatever. Mods, do what you will.
    Edit to explain I understand that the debilitating disease he has was in no way a 'decision' just a factor in life that could hit anyone.
    Thanks. You are right, we are all just one disease, disaster away from bad times. This had once started as a funny story and was. He'd sold it for other reasons but a couple years later, it's us trying to help him out.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Well said sir.
    We as a family have hit the low ebb more than once due to loss of jobs medical issues and death. I know the disparate feelings that accompany these issues.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    filled-for-disability-need-help

Been almost a month just thought I'd bump this.

Thanks, Ditcherman.

Snorko has generously offered to match any donations between now and Friday that are multiples of $13, up to a max total of $260.

OK Ingo, let's get serious. Matching challenge. Make a donation of $13, $26, $39, etc. (multiple of $13) between now and Friday 4/19, I will match the total donations up to $260.

This is an opportunity to help a lot with a little.

Needmorammo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Columbus
    Go fund me is saying it is no longer accepting donations. Can anyone provide an update on Andy? Nothing too personal,just wondering how he is doing and if any progress made on disability. I totally understand his situation as I fought SS disability for almost 5 years.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Go fund me is saying it is no longer accepting donations. Can anyone provide an update on Andy? Nothing too personal,just wondering how he is doing and if any progress made on disability. I totally understand his situation as I fought SS disability for almost 5 years.
    Last I heard he is living with a friend in portage and said he is hoping to get his own place in the near future. Still fighting for disability. Sure others have more information on Andy.

Top Bottom