Sold a gun and now it's listed for 200$ more.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • timsdl72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    West Lafayette
    I don't think you have to be cynical to avoid this. Just quit setting firearm prices based on sob stories. Buy the guy a burger and a cup of coffee and wish him luck on raising the needed funds to buy your gun. Better yet, direct him to one that will fill his needs at his price point.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Telling a lie to take advantage of someone's kindness is not capitalism, it is just a lie.

Scammers don't just hurt the person they are scamming, they hurt the next person that really does need a little help and won't get it because too many people have been scammed before.

Sure it happens sometimes and that is the price that kind people sometimes pay. The OP tried to help someone with a sob story by giving them a good deal and he got a little singed. That doesn't make him a sap or the scammer a good capitalist.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Telling a lie to take advantage of someone's kindness is not capitalism, it is just a lie.

Scammers don't just hurt the person they are scamming, they hurt the next person that really does need a little help and won't get it because too many people have been scammed before.

Sure it happens sometimes and that is the price that kind people sometimes pay. The OP tried to help someone with a sob story by giving them a good deal and he got a little singed. That doesn't make him a sap or the scammer a good capitalist.

Actually, that's exactly what it is. A person would be one poor student of capitalism if they took everything at face value. Liability ALWAYS falls on the buy.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I don't think that's the issue but the fact the guy was a no integrity scammer, OP was just irritated about that aspect.

Thank you drillsgt :yesway:

68_F150 didn't care that he sold the gun to the guy for the agreed amount. He agreed to the amount and completed the deal in good faith. The whole reason for the post was the fact that he was lied to. The guy relisting the gun on armslist proves it. He wanted to share the experience with his INGO brothers and sisters to assist in the let it go and chalk it up to experience attitude.

I joined INGO to learn and make new friends with other people that share the same experiences as me. It never ceases to amaze me that the same people always chime in to the tear somebody down. It is sad to think that they are so miserable in their own lives that they want to make everyone around them just as miserable. Kind of like a garbage truck running around trying to dump garbage on whoever they can.

68_F150 it is unfortunate that you were lied to by someone for their own self gain but hold your head high and ignore the garbage trucks.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Is this logic kind of like multiple guess on a test? If you don't know whats going on you just guess an answer???? :dunno:

All I'm saying is people feel the need to over justify their FALSE story by providing lots of details. So the longer and more detailed a story the more likely it's BS.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    its a piece of advice, offered from a stranger on the Internet - do with it as you please.

I'm not trying to be critical I'm just trying to understand why people on threads that have on average 40 pages throw out the I'm calling BS. Is it an attempt to flush out the poser? Is it an I'm taking a stand approach? Is it a race to the BS card? I'm seriously not trying to be a jerk but just trying to understand. As I said earlier I'm here to learn.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I'm not trying to be critical I'm just trying to understand why people on threads that have on average 40 pages throw out the I'm calling BS. Is it an attempt to flush out the poser? Is it an I'm taking a stand approach? Is it a race to the BS card? I'm seriously not trying to be a jerk but just trying to understand. As I said earlier I'm here to learn.

no, I was letting the OP know that the buyer was likely full of BS, and next time he can spot it if the buyer goes on and on about a sob story. The longer and more detailed, the more likely it's BS.

im not calling the OP BS, I'm helping him spot it in the future.

Top Bottom