So.. what are you reloading at the moment??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Working on 10mm 180gr Hoosierbullets FN using AutoComp. So far accuracy wise it doesn't like the high pressure loads so going back to lower pressure loads. It's best accuracy was with 7.2gr AutoComp with this bullet CCI 300 primers. According to my data I was avg 1153fps at 15 feet from muzzle. 531 ft lbs of energy which is as powerful as factory 357 magnum rds.

TxPhred

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Indianapolis
    While I was following the returns last night I occupied my time fruitfully by prepping some 308 brass for my cousin who is working on a few loads for his Model 70.

And I prepped the brass from my last shoot with the Henry 44mag. After 7 loads with 4 different powders I think I have a good enough load using 19.3 grains of Lil'Gun with a 225 FTX Hornady bullet. I am kind of hoping to do my first deer hunt using it.

The last few months have really gotten me in to reloading. I have reloaded more ammo in the last few months then I have for the last 6 years! I am really enjoying doing it more for some reason.

So what are you reloading at the moment? Please share.
    6.5 Rem Mag and 7mm Mauser.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I have 500 223 62 gr soft points to finish up, then will be going to 6.5x284 match on single stage, after that will be 6.5 creed moor match. Need to load up a bunch of 30 06 for the garlands too, brass is all ready to go has been for quite a while.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    The last two days I have been loading 44 Magnum using Berry's and Xtreme copper plated bullets. Based on my rough calculations, my preferred loads for many magnum powders will exceed the maximum velocity recommended for these bullets. I'm curious to see if at traditional pistol shooting distances, in double action, that these bullets truly show a deterioration in accuracy by being pushed past their advertised velocity.

I'm also experimenting with the Wolff reduced power springs. The 12# spring failed to ignite about 20% of the time, so we're on the 13# spring.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Just starting to resurrect a reloading project from about twenty yrs ago. Bought a double barrel rifle advertised as a 9x57R which it turned out not to be. It's actually a 9.3mm on a 57mm long case but it's not the Mauser rimmed case,....it's an entirely different cartridge. Cases are custom made from Buffalo and I just ordered in all they had on hand(80 rds)at almost two bucks apiece. Found some custom formed 200gr jacketed bullets on GB and bought all he had(220 rds). So now I think I'm set to get started.

Looking through my reloading supplies I find a box marked 9.3mm. It's FULL of cast 9.3mm slugs. Find another box marked 9.3x57 and it's also full of 9.3mm jacketed bullets,....and 20 new custom made 9.3x57/360 cases,.....and an empty box that's supposed to contain a set of reloading dies, .360NE 2-1/4 which is the English designation for the cartridge. I have reloading dies for this? What?

So I get to digging around through all my die sets and I finally find the dies set up in my press,.....so I guess I haven't touched the press in 15+ yrs. Oh, and I found another box full of brass so I've ordered it at least three times without remembering any of it. Time to sit down and start organizing this stuff!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Will be loading .44 mag, .243 win,.22-250 and .219 D Wasp this summer.

Just found my old K of large rifle primers LOL.

Got Varget for the .219, 4350 for the .243win. H110 for the .44 mag and dunno what Ill run in the .22 -250.

Need some 50 gr Nosler BT for .22 centerfire and 70gr for the 6mm.

Have some but after range and hunting this summer will need to resupply.

Hopefully availability and pricing somewhat normal then.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Not loading due to having 0 primers so I'm doing some processing. I have reached a milestone though. I have no dirty brass right now. Everything is clean.

I work in batches; clean, sized/decapped, belled, primed, loaded.

Since I don't have primers, I'm belling more than I usually do. I figure I may as well get cases as close to ready to go as I can while I wait for primers. If my primers don't show up next week like they are supposed to and I have to wait another month, I'll probably get everything I have sized through the belling stage.

Then I will go back and start sizing again....

Top Bottom