• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    Has anyone besides me thought that fraud wasn't investigated because both sides are in on it? I'm starting to think that the saying "If voting really mattered they wouldn't let us do it" is true. Dems and Repubs are 2 sides of to the same coin. Trump just upset their handle on power last election and they were going to make sure it doesn't happen again in 2020.
    This ^^^.

For 4 years the majority of Republicans in Congress done only what they had to do for Trump and nothing more, some even fought him on things that should have been rubber stamped. The majority spent most of their time avoiding him like the plaque. On another note the Republican party is full of somewhat Conservative Democrats who 1} love Rinos and 2} belong to the "Never Trump" crowd.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What are we doing to win hearts and minds and the next election?
    Hearts and minds were won this election.

We were "beat" by the dems using covid to game the system by removing all vote authenticating accountability. We will never win again if that is not fixed.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    You’ve seen just one side of the evidence.

Anyway, on the question, it looks to me like the outcome matched the polling. Whatsherface was never going to win. So that’s half the question answered.

Purdue got 80K votes more than the communist America hater in the regular election. In the weeks after the lead he had in the polls steadily declined. Seemed like the more Trump tweeted about being robbed, the lower Purdue sank in the polls. And maybe that was a gunshot to his own foot. The more Trump convinced his following that the election outcome was fraud, maybe the more he convinced Republican voters to sit it out and make hotel arrangements for DC.

Or, there’s always the alternate theory that people were pissed that Republicans only gave them $600 checks. I don’t think that one makes much sense though. So I think maybe the GA Republicans said **** the election, storming the Capitol will surely work better.
    I think you got it backwards. Democrats were growing their turnout appeal by promising GA voters $2 Grand if Dems took control. The polling averages reflected the outcome decently. But both Republicans in the GA Senate runoff were averaging ahead up until a couple weeks out. The change in fortunes for the Republicans occurred when the Free Sh_t Check fracas came up in Congress. Correlation isn't causation. But the theory of Trump Tweets doesn't even have correlation going for it, because Trump had already been Tweeting about fraud since the November election and before.

Also interesting that the 2.3% of the vote taken by the Libertarian in the Perdue race seems to correlate well with Ossoff's pickup amount. Perdue got the same percentage in both elections, within a quarter point or so. And both candidates got less the second time around. But "Beto" Ossoff lost a lot less, and the magnitude of that delta was very comparable to the L vote. Again, this is all very imprecise in that it's just looking at magnitudes of numbers and comparing them. There is no way to know "who" votes Libertarian in Georgia, but the data seem to support it's Athens potsmokers more than right-wing rural gun-toters.

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Hearts and minds were won this election.

We were "beat" by the dems using covid to game the system by removing all vote authenticating accountability. We will never win again if that is not fixed.
    That's the real problem in this. We put those procedures in place because of a temporary problem (Covid). But now that Democrats have seen it allowed them to do, they will never allow it to be changed back to the default system.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    What are we doing to win hearts and minds and the next election?
    What’s the point? Honestly, if they rigged it, which I truly believe they did, it doesn’t matter how many voted for him, they would have fabricated whatever amount they needed to win. Now with them having power in the house, senate, and Oval Office there’s no chance to stop fraud from happening again.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yeah, I hate to be the doomer, but unless Trump pulls an IA/EO Hail Mary, elections on the national scene are being chosen by our Dear Leaders.

Local elections, especially Sheriffs and Mayors become very important.
    Sheriffs and Mayors have always been important. If we can't show local people the value of our values, they certainly aren't gonna vote for those who share our values at the national level.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    d77d2d37bd1c097171be60824c96cf55.jpg

Minds here seem made up, so why bother?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I think you got it backwards. Democrats were growing their turnout appeal by promising GA voters $2 Grand if Dems took control.
    So were the Republicans. Why do you think Trump said the same thing and Loeffler was going to vote for it?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    What’s the point? Honestly, if they rigged it, which I truly believe they did, it doesn’t matter how many voted for him, they would have fabricated whatever amount they needed to win. Now with them having power in the house, senate, and Oval Office there’s no chance to stop fraud from happening again.
    If they rigged it, how did Trump set a record? :D

I mean, seriously, if it can be controlled that easily, why not just dial down his popularity? The polls would've backed it up.

If the record number of votes for Trump were beyond their control, then doesn't that call to question their control of the other votes?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Position Statement: IF you think Trump lost for just one reason THEN you are a conspiracy theorist!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I didn't call you a conspiracy theorist. The powerful stay powerful regardless of what happens electorally, so why steal something they don't need? As long as the electoral spectacle keeps us peasants at each other's throats, they've already won.

Sometimes the post is not directed just at the quoted post. Many here believe me a conspiracy theorist for believing the election had fraud done by the deep state, though it is on the record that they have done that very thing in other countries.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think you got it backwards. Democrats were growing their turnout appeal by promising GA voters $2 Grand if Dems took control. The polling averages reflected the outcome decently. But both Republicans in the GA Senate runoff were averaging ahead up until a couple weeks out. The change in fortunes for the Republicans occurred when the Free Sh_t Check fracas came up in Congress. Correlation isn't causation. But the theory of Trump Tweets doesn't even have correlation going for it, because Trump had already been Tweeting about fraud since the November election and before.

Also interesting that the 2.3% of the vote taken by the Libertarian in the Perdue race seems to correlate well with Ossoff's pickup amount. Perdue got the same percentage in both elections, within a quarter point or so. And both candidates got less the second time around. But "Beto" Ossoff lost a lot less, and the magnitude of that delta was very comparable to the L vote. Again, this is all very imprecise in that it's just looking at magnitudes of numbers and comparing them. There is no way to know "who" votes Libertarian in Georgia, but the data seem to support it's Athens potsmokers more than right-wing rural gun-toters.
    I've heard the $2K thing too. I think that is very possibly the thing that made the difference. But if it is, it's very odd that the libertarian vote seems to have gone to the "free ****" camp. I would not contest that a large number of libertarians are "big government" types other than they want to legalize weed.

But, my point was that there are other reasons why Republicans lost other than having to believe fraud had to be the cause.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If they rigged it, how did Trump set a record? :D

I mean, seriously, if it can be controlled that easily, why not just dial down his popularity? The polls would've backed it up.

If the record number of votes for Trump were beyond their control, then doesn't that call to question their control of the other votes?

They generally add votes in a fraud it is harder to detect. In the Trump election they did both, there is video evidence of Trump votes disappearing from the tallies. Can we agree that counting votes is a cumulative process and there never should be negative vote counts absent extraordinary documentation of why?

But there is no official explanation as to why this occurred in multiple states, all critical battleground states...

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    I've heard the $2K thing too. I think that is very possibly the thing that made the difference. But if it is, it's very odd that the libertarian vote seems to have gone to the "free ****" camp. I would not contest that a large number of libertarians are "big government" types other than they want to legalize weed.

But, my point was that there are other reasons why Republicans lost other than having to believe fraud had to be the cause.
    Lots of libertarians think "if we're gunna do social safety net stuff, let's just give people $$$ instead of food stamps and means testing & cetera. More efficient, the spending feeds the market, etc.

*Edit -- lots may be strong, but left-libertarianism is a thing. The above is one version, syndicalism is another.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Lots of libertarians think "if we're gunna do social safety net stuff, let's just give people $$$ instead of food stamps and means testing & cetera. More efficient, the spending feeds the market, etc.

*Edit -- lots may be strong, but left-libertarianism is a thing. The above is one version, syndicalism is another.
    That seems to be the popular opinion of economist, too. In a crisis, just get the money out into the system as fast as possible.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I watched

That seems to be the popular opinion of economist, too. In a crisis, just get the money out into the system as fast as possible.
    Then watch the inflation grow in the aftermath of printing money to pay for it. There's no free lunch.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    This ^^^.

For 4 years the majority of Republicans in Congress done only what they had to do for Trump and nothing more, some even fought him on things that should have been rubber stamped. The majority spent most of their time avoiding him like the plaque. On another note the Republican party is full of somewhat Conservative Democrats who 1} love Rinos and 2} belong to the "Never Trump" crowd.
    The only thing RINOS are conservative on is less regulation for multinational corporations that gut and sell out our country.

Which really isn't conservatism in any sense of the word.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think seeing the truth is something that people on the right they have a monopoly on. And they tend to be the most eager to gobble it up, if it fits into their worldview and vilifies those they disagree with.

Top Bottom