• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Well nuts, I guess the name "TiminMishawaka" won't work anymore as I got a job offer in Florida. It's my last week as an Indiana resident. Thankfully in terms of gun rights it's a pretty lateral move except now I have to actually pay attention to business signs :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. Plus side is the hog hunting and fishing year round. Thanks for a great forum while I was here Fenway.

Now to go help make sure purple Florida doesn't elect a gun grabber.

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    Good luck down south! I read an article about a guy carrying that was involved in an accident. The paramedics refused to even look at him until an officer removed his gun. The guy pleaded with paramedics to let his wife take the gun. The refused and waited for the officer. After the guy got out of the hospital, he had to go to the police station to pick up his gun. The officer removed the bullets and kept them. Then the officer disassembled the gun past normal breakdown for cleaning and put all of the parts in a bag. I don't remember where I read this but, FYI.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Post lots of pictures of your first Short Barreled Shotgun for us - please.

And your first visit the the Nudie Beach - please. :):

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Good luck with the move and new job.

I hope it is worth it. Sincerely. No sarcasm intended. But I told Mr88GT if he ever loses his job here, he can commute or visit us on weekends because we aren't moving. I don't think I could it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just left the sunshine state.
    Great place to visit but not sure about living there full time. Traffic is insane and so are most of the drivers. Lots to do and lots to see.
    You may miss the seasons change but not for a while.
    Best of everything to you and you can still post here you know......:):

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Jealous!! Man if I was 25 years old again, just starting out...I'd pack my stuff and head the heck WAY out of the midwest....to the land of sunshine and warm breezes. I have come to hate the cold, the snow, the salt trucks....eeeeyuk.

Not sure I'd pick Florida but the Carolinas, central Alabama/Mississippi, or even the Ozarks would have my attention.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Moving to Gainesville to take a job in insurance claims, so in a way I'm headed there for the crazies and hurricanes, lol.

Dead Duck, I'm guessing the outdoor drinking shenanigans at University of Florida is going to provide much better scenery than the typical Florida nude beach but I won't forget my forum buddies up here.

Fishersjohn, I'll stay active here but probably moreso on the outdoors forum. There is some dirt cheap hog hunting to be had down there (like $150 - $200) but I want to find out who the good operators at that price point are.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    DARN, I was hoping this was a new "I'm leaving forever" page. I love those. Stay safe and it's a shame you have to leave this site because you don't live here anymore! what? he can stay...really? (memo: write fenway...gotta get that changed)

Top Bottom