• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm hesitant about USPS - I've had to file claims for lost packages (a pain) and the latest gaff was a handgun left on my porch.
    pat.gif

Of course, that would be the shippers fault if they didn't ask for adult signature.
    Did you take the gun to a LGS to have them transfer it to you?

No, I have an FFL - It was suppose to go directly to me. But, it should require an adult to sign and not just be left out on the porch for the afternoon.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Thanks for the info ductape. Too bad all PO employees won't step up and do what is needed to get things done.

We (the PO) can track beyond the number on the package...
    We can do more for you...

We can do more for you but some of our employees are inept, lazy or just don't care.

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I purchased a Ruger stainless Redhawk in 357 M 7.5 inch barrel a few years ago. They are rare and quite neat handgun.
    This one was in Alabama. I called, gave the guy my CC # with tracking and the extras. He said he would ship it out the next day. A week goes by, no gun.
    I call, he says well he had to take off the next day and his son took the gun to the USPS for shipment. OK, what is the tracking number? No Tracking number, Ok give me the Insurance tracking number. N O insurance. He explained that his son has never shipped a gun but was trying to be helpful.
    Ok Where is my gun? He said I dont know at the USPS.
    Great no numbers, I'm out a gun, He said well give a few days and it should show up.

I'm about ready to call the CC company and report no goods and stop the payment. 8 Days after my last call, the gun shows up at the dealer I had it shipped to.

No box, no wrapping, His address written on a sticky label and stuck to the outside of the factory Ruger box! not taped, paperwork inside the box. It got there. I about pooped.

I was glad to get it, but thought It was gone forever.

But it showed up. Very Lucky. Very Lucky. Could not believe it at all. My dealer was dumb struck it even made it out of Alabama. Nothing against Alabama at all.

It is still in the safe.

Things do happen..

Rock River

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indy/Morgan county
    A licensed dealer may ship handguns or log guns USPS. Joe citizen can only ship long guns via USPS. Joe citizen has to use a "common carrier" to ship handguns. (i.e. FEDEX, UPS) You cannot ship firearms from a UPS or FEDEX store. You must go to a hub. and declare it.

There's actually no legal issue with Joe Citizen shipping a handgun through UPS or FedEx, it's just their 'policy' that doesn't allow it. You can still package it up and drop it in one of their drop boxes and it will get where it's going. By using a Dropbox you don't have to lie to a person about what's in the package. The only drawback is that you can't insure it, which would possibly be a deal breaker for most people. If your willing to take the risk though, you can ship handguns at your leisure.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    A licensed dealer may ship handguns or log guns USPS. Joe citizen can only ship long guns via USPS. Joe citizen has to use a "common carrier" to ship handguns. (i.e. FEDEX, UPS) You cannot ship firearms from a UPS or FEDEX store. You must go to a hub. and declare it.

There's actually no legal issue with Joe Citizen shipping a handgun through UPS or FedEx, it's just their 'policy' that doesn't allow it. You can still package it up and drop it in one of their drop boxes and it will get where it's going. By using a Dropbox you don't have to lie to a person about what's in the package. The only drawback is that you can't insure it, which would possibly be a deal breaker for most people. If your willing to take the risk though, you can ship handguns at your leisure.

Did you read that before your posted? :dunno:

Top Bottom