• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Well I'll be damned; USPS didn't lose my box. I called my local FFL and asked if they had my transfer, but expecting them to say no. To my surprise, he says he has it, and thinks it has been here a few days. Turns out, the shipper shipped it under their online store's name as opposed to their storefront's name. They also failed to put my name on the box. And then to compound the issue, the USPS driver never scanned the package as being delivered. Apparently, the driver would rather lie and say they never had the box instead of telling the truth and admitting that they just forgot to scan it as delivered.

So I will be going in there tonight to verify it is actually mine, but it appears to have worked itself out. Now, do I tell the post office or continue to let them search for this box? :)

I think after I pick it up, I will go to the post office and speak with the supervisor and explain my situation. Maybe, just maybe, they may learn something. Purple where needed.
    you really think they're "searching" for it?:lmfao:

skulhedface

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    east indy
    Apparently, the driver would rather lie and say they never had the box instead of telling the truth and admitting that they just forgot to scan it as delivered.
    Could very well be that the driver missed a scan or that the scanner either misread the barcode or failed to upload your scan (our scanners aren't exactly top of the line) Pretty unlikely that they would recall any particular package on a given day unless it was abnormally heavy due to the number of packages they handle every day. I wouldn't worry about calling off the search, If anyone searched in the first place it would have been over with fairly quickly. Glad it turned up.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I ordered something from Primary Arms yesterday. On the shipping choice page, they have a huge warning that anything shipped via USPS, it may very well take 3 weeks for delivery. Our gubernut's at work.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This no help or comfort, but 2 of the last 3 packages sent to me (all INGO deals) just never arrived. Just lost. Likely sent to a collection facility where all the "lost" things get sent to... Getting a resolution from USPS is more time and effort then closing a deal in the first place...

You know, I bet that's where all my single socks are! And here I've been blaming it on the dryer all this time. :ugh:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    They lost a package of ours (non firearms stuff). I called and they said it had been delivered. I told them it had not been, they said it has been and I was out of luck. I filed online with the website and never heard a word back. If the loss was more than the 4 dollars of stuff inside I would be more than upset.

Glad everything worked out for the OP.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm hesitant about USPS - I've had to file claims for lost packages (a pain) and the latest gaff was a handgun left on my porch. :ugh:

Of course, that would be the shippers fault if they didn't ask for adult signature.

End Saturday delivery!!!!!!

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    I ordered a part for a Vintage Harley (1936 VLD) from India. 10 days to NY, NY Post office, sat there 12 days. Sent to Camden NJ post office, sat there 6 more days. 1 day to Indy, 1 day to Ft Wayne, arrived aat my house the following day. 1 Month, the majority holdup USPS.................

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I'm hesitant about USPS - I've had to file claims for lost packages (a pain) and the latest gaff was a handgun left on my porch. :ugh:

Of course, that would be the shippers fault if they didn't ask for adult signature.

End Saturday delivery!!!!!!

Did you take the gun to a LGS to have them transfer it to you?

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    A licensed dealer may ship handguns or log guns USPS. Joe citizen can only ship long guns via USPS. Joe citizen has to use a "common carrier" to ship handguns. (i.e. FEDEX, UPS) You cannot ship firearms from a UPS or FEDEX store. You must go to a hub. and declare it.

ductape

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Well, here goes. An attempt at damage control. First, the supervisor at that facility should have made a greater effort to assist you. We (the PO) can track beyond the number on the package. We have GPS capabilities, and can look right at the house where the package was delivered/attempted to be sure it was the correct one. Also, in the case of "delivery status not up dated" which simply means it didn't get scanned, we take pictures of the packages as they process throught the plants on the equipment. It also tells us who or what scanned it. We have come a long way in package delivery in the last few years. We can do more for you. For what it's worth, never call the 800 number, as you found out, it's a waste of time. If you cannot get through to your PO, call another one and ask for help. To bust your bubble, FedEx and UPS back up to our docks everyday and give us their packages to deliver.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've had several times the post office tracking says a package has been delivered when in fact is was not. Instead, i found the tan attempted delivery paper in the mailbox and had to pick it up there. The tracking isn't very reliable.

Mine typically disappears for several days with no updates, shows up at my house (still no tracking updates), then a week later it shows delivered.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    They lost an AR I sold off of Gunbroker a couple of years ago. It was missing for a month. I think it was found in a facility in Atlanta, the label got ripped off. It finally made it to the destination though.

Top Bottom